Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What have you sent in before?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
What have you sent in before?
on: September 01, 2008, 06:55:17 PM
I was just wondering what types of tools or anything for that matter have any of you sent back in for repair at the place of manufacture for warranty work or just to be replaced or fixed?

I have never sent a MT but I have sent in several Zippos and both Crick and Smith spirit levels.  The customer service on each of these items have been superb (I have sent in alot of levels through various aquistions mostly given to me by other bricklayers) I have never had to pay anything for any of my Zippos except for shipping to the company :D
I have had to pay for most of the levels to be fixed but I have had the rare 1 or so to be fixed for no cost even after the warranty had expired ;)

I am also curious as to what all can be sent in for warranty work I know most MTs and Maglites can also be sent in and for the most part fixed or replaced @ no charge minus shipping to the place or manufacture :D

All input will be greatly appreciated ;) :cheers:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: What have you sent in before?
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:02:27 PM
he only things I've had to send in for warrenty work was Vespa PX200 which chewed its gear selector up within 50 miles :o

Fortunatly they fixed it under warrenty no problem at all, of course 8 months later I destroyed it crashing on ice :D

The other thing was my Dahon Vitesse bicycle, which need some minor warranty work, which took seven bloody weeks, and about £15 in phone calls >:(, don't get me wrong the bikes themselves are brilliant, especially at the price they charge :) but the UK importers and the shop I bought it from are an absolute JOKE >:( >:(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:02 PM
I sent in a LM Supertool 200 and they were great. Super fast turn around, I'm pretty sure they just sent me a new one though.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:10:49 PM
I have sent in about four SwissTools that had extreme plier pivot play.. I have also used LM warranty quite a bit.. All these issues were resolved too..
B

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:46:47 PM
I have a SOG knife being worked on under warranty as we speak, soon to be returned, I hope.
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:41:56 PM
I have a SOG knife being worked on under warranty as we speak, soon to be returned, I hope.

What was the damage on it?
[

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 10:27:27 PM
I sent in my Gerber shortcut and my original LM Wave.  Both returned very quickly and I was very impressed.  :)
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 10:56:31 PM
I sent in my Gerber shortcut and my original LM Wave.  Both returned very quickly and I was very impressed.  :)

Wonder if you sent them in to where Kwakster works :think: :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:57:32 AM
I sent in two old Leatherman Waves that were completely abused to garbage. (they were given to me by a friend) Explained everything in a letter to the repair folks at Leatherman. A month later I had two brand new Waves from them as replacements.

That type of service I will never forget. :cheers:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:31:17 AM
I sent in two old Leatherman Waves that were completely abused to garbage. (they were given to me by a friend) Explained everything in a letter to the repair folks at Leatherman. A month later I had two brand new Waves from them as replacements.

That type of service I will never forget. :cheers:

:o You made out very well indeed Bob :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 02:41:36 AM
he only things I've had to send in for warrenty work was Vespa PX200 which chewed its gear selector up within 50 miles :o

Fortunatly they fixed it under warrenty no problem at all, of course 8 months later I destroyed it crashing on ice :D

The other thing was my Dahon Vitesse bicycle, which need some minor warranty work, which took seven bloody weeks, and about £15 in phone calls >:(, don't get me wrong the bikes themselves are brilliant, especially at the price they charge :) but the UK importers and the shop I bought it from are an absolute JOKE >:( >:(

How many stamps do you need to put on a Vespa these days? :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 08:58:46 AM

How many stamps do you need to put on a Vespa these days? :P

Def
I don't think I left enough of the poor wee thing to stick a stamp anywhere :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74