Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2010 Brown Pioneer

meanx · 17 · 3033

za Offline meanx

2010 Brown Pioneer
on: February 29, 2016, 04:17:37 AM
Hi
Hopefully someone here can help,I'm trying to find out whats the average price of these knifes are, its the very first brown that was released in April 2010. Its still NIB

Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

ca Offline oscar

Re: 2010 Brown Pioneer
Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 06:56:23 AM
nice one. I would say it is worth between 180 to 250 USD. If you want to sell, please let me know.

za Offline meanx

Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:33:16 PM
nice one. I would say it is worth between 180 to 250 USD. If you want to sell, please let me know.

Thanks pm sent.
Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

us Offline Joe58

Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 10:06:34 PM
That's a nice one. Don't see them much in brown.
🇨🇭

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 12:10:33 PM
Hi
Hopefully someone here can help,I'm trying to find out whats the average price of these knifes are, its the very first brown that was released in April 2010. Its still NIB

Nice knife. I remember getting that when they first came out.
I would sell it now if you don't want it, as this colour may be around again soon.  ;)

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 03:51:04 PM
Hi

Nice knife. I remember getting that when they first came out.
I would sell it now if you don't want it, as this colour may be around again soon.  ;)

This may be sooner than you think  ;)

Brown Pioneer € 38 ($ 42)

https://www.schweizermesser-shop.de/victorinox-pioneer-alox-braun-se
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 04:05:42 PM
All these reissuing of "expensive" colors is quite maddening to many I assume. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Joe58

Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 04:52:44 PM
All these reissuing of "expensive" colors is quite maddening to many I assume. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I'm sure to the hard core colored alox collectors it would be maddening cause if they paid premium prices for the "limited edition" run, only to see it reissued a few years later at normal pricing, their collection is suddenly devalued, perhaps by a lot. Some of those colors were selling very high on the secondary market.
🇨🇭

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 05:12:43 PM

I'm sure to the hard core colored alox collectors it would be maddening cause if they paid premium prices for the "limited edition" run, only to see it reissued a few years later at normal pricing, their collection is suddenly devalued, perhaps by a lot. Some of those colors were selling very high on the secondary market.

Exactly. In the same sense (in my case at least) when I was hardcore into colored alox I knew the possibility of this happening back then and decided to buy anyways. It was always a known risk in my opinion. It does not make it any more "acceptable" though.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 12:50:14 PM

As I picked up almost all of the limited runs when they first came out I can understand why some would be upset by this. The secondary market has seen some very high prices for them in recent years. Personally it makes no difference to me as I collect for myself and not as an investment.
Other collectors I know are different and that's fine with me. No one is forcing anyone to buy these "Limited Edition" knives.

I know there are many Alox knives coming this year and more colors from the past will make a come back.
So i'm sure this discussion will continue each time a knife goes on sale.

As some have already said there is nothing stopping the factory from making any color Alox model they wish if the demand is still there.

The fact that some Alox knives had an original run of 25pcs, 50pcs, 100pcs..... etc with etched blades makes no difference at all. The term "Limited Edition" is used so much these days for so many things and very rarely means anything. As a long time collector in general this is nothing new to me.

So If anyone collects the older Alox runs and think they will be unique in color need to think again.  :twak:

us Offline Joe58

Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 10:02:41 PM

[/quote]
The fact that some Alox knives had an original run of 25pcs, 50pcs, 100pcs..... etc with etched blades makes no difference at all. The term "Limited Edition" is used so much these days for so many things and very rarely means anything. As a long time collector in general this is nothing new to me.

So If anyone collects the older Alox runs and think they will be unique in color need to think again.  :twak:
[/quote]

I think you're spot on Jaimie. I picked out a couple of the colors that interested me and have them being made into electricians currently, and that'll be it. I usually just like to keep an eye out for oldies but those are jumping up in cost a lot too.

Prices anymore also have made it pretty prohibitive, at least to me. I see some of those limited releases going on eBay for $300 and on up. Myself, that just seems crazy for a pioneer with a different colored set of alox. Just not that special in my eyes but some folks really go for them so I suppose as long as that continues, Vic will keep pumping them out there.

I guess it does add fuel to the hobby though. :)
🇨🇭

de Offline ellog

Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 05:59:17 PM
i got a brown pioneer from SMS the color differs a little bit but it looks very nice
sms_br.jpg
* sms_br.jpg (Filesize: 273.85 KB)

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 11:17:54 PM
What this repetition of colors brings is a few more sales from the new collectors, meanwhile Victorinox is rapidly losing respect with people who have been collecting for longer periods of time. I don't consider these an investment or something I can resell in the future, I just feel like an idiot paying (or trading into) something for 200$ when the exact same thing comes out a year later for 40$. Just pointless, I know for a fact Victorinox makes very little on alox compared to cellidor.

As a friend of mine said, it's only a matter of time before they start making old cross models again...
My custom SAK scale thread: http://bit.ly/1bBIzzD

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 06:56:38 PM
I believe the street price for that particular piece of Alox loveliness is between $2.50 and $5... :whistle:

If you want to sell please let me know....

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 07:04:34 PM
What this repetition of colors brings is a few more sales from the new collectors, meanwhile Victorinox is rapidly losing respect with people who have been collecting for longer periods of time. I don't consider these an investment or something I can resell in the future, I just feel like an idiot paying (or trading into) something for 200$ when the exact same thing comes out a year later for 40$. Just pointless, I know for a fact Victorinox makes very little on alox compared to cellidor.

As a friend of mine said, it's only a matter of time before they start making old cross models again...

I could not agree more and to be completely honest I slowed down collecting for a few reasons. First and foremost my income cease to exist for a while...... sadly a long while..... and at the same time prices were rising. Second, was partly because I was a bit let down after all the "new" colors started coming out and they were almost if not completely identical to certain older knives we paid a premium for not to long ago. There was a couple other reasons as well. My point being I may have still bought when I could, but for the second reason listed I chose not to and spent money with other brands.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 07:53:29 PM
A few shots of the "old" Brown Alox and the "new" SMS Brown Alox.
There is hardly any difference apart from the older Farmer has no keyring.  ::)

Left to right: Old Farmer, New SMS Farmer, Old Pioneer, New SMS Pioneer

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:28:42 PM by nsa-x-file »

us Offline Joe58

Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 04:20:25 AM
Not too much to get excited about, is there Jaimie? Almost no difference at all that I can see.

I'd like them to reissue your avatar though.  :D
🇨🇭

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40