Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ughh.... Amazon!

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Ughh.... Amazon!
on: March 09, 2016, 09:33:53 PM
The free shipping used to be at $30. Then wen't to $35. Now it jumped up to $49.  :bnghd:

I swear everything from rice, gas, shipping, to knife/MT prices just keep going up and up substantially.  :(

Same thing with prime. Was $50, $75, now $99.
I'm the milk man!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Ughh.... Amazon!
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:45:34 PM
I never got free shipping....
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:11:33 PM

You guys aren't special.  :D

Honestly the free shipping was so infuriatingly slow most of the time I would regret even using it.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 10:33:12 PM

You guys aren't special.  :D

Honestly the free shipping was so infuriatingly slow most of the time I would regret even using it.
i still get slow shipping even though I have prime. Usually I get things faster when I order directly from the company. Yes... I usually get two day shipping... But the shipping process usually takes at least a week :facepalm:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 11:06:28 PM
So you've been hit too?

Amazon pulled this stunt here in the UK last year - prior to which I was a prolific buyer.....since this new minimum spend was introduced I very rarely now use them. I find I can get much better deals using eBay sellers.

There's no way I'm signing up for prime just for the privilege to be able to spend my own money.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 11:51:31 PM
But the shipping process usually takes at least a week :facepalm:

That's because you live on an iceberg.   :cheers:

I'm cool with Amazon Prime.  I'm constantly ordering on there, and get everything in 2 days.  And they have awesome customer service.  Amazon Prime video streaming is okay, but not great.  But overall I'm happy with it, even at $99 per year.

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 11:53:21 PM

But the shipping process usually takes at least a week :facepalm:

That's because you live on an iceberg.   :cheers:

I'm cool with Amazon Prime.  I'm constantly ordering on there, and get everything in 2 days.  And they have awesome customer service.  Amazon Prime video streaming is okay, but not great.  But overall I'm happy with it, even at $99 per year.
hahah very true. Other than the processing time I am quite happy with Amazon :) I have definitely gotten my money's worth.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 12:14:01 AM

Prices of goods going up but my pay isn't  :rant:

Yeah, free shipping is very slow but don't feel like paying $99 for prime. On the plus side I get to order little gadgets to make it to $49 on my wife's orders. I know Amazon is winning but I win too  :D 

Amazon gets USPS to deliver in our area on Sundays too which is cool. I know some who have ordered on Saturday and got their packages on Sunday  :tu: Now waiting for their drones to drop packages someday.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 12:20:12 AM
I guess by the time I forward a package it would cost the same eh?

I get free 6 month trials of Prime as well as half price annually because I'm a student.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 03:27:57 AM
I guess by the time I forward a package it would cost the same eh?

I get free 6 month trials of Prime as well as half price annually because I'm a student.
So do I, and I still refuse to pay for Prime. I just t add things to my cart sporadically until I reached enough to get free shipping. Oh, we need new vacuum belts? I'll add it to the cart, good thing we've got a spare vacuum in the closet. Whats that hun, you want to get one of your employees a birthday present? Sure, I'll add it to the cart, his birthday isn't for a couple months anyhow.

The only thing that has changed with the price hike is that I just have to wait a little longer to pull the trigger on my collective purchases.

Patience and stinginess go hand and hand in the sLaughter residence :D
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 04:41:59 AM
Patience and stinginess go hand and hand in the sLaughter residence :D

:rofl: My kind of hero  :salute:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 07:43:06 AM
I generally go for the cheapest total cost, and the cheapest shipping option, usually free, when I can.

However, I did see the difference, when i ordered something from BG, and had to pay for the DHL option (no free shipping). It did cost me an extra $20, and the more items I bought the cheaper this option got (started at $24) but i got my items in 3 days, to my door, rather than 2 weeks to 1+ month. On expensive objects, that you would like to get soon, it may be worth the extra cost/safety.

Amazon is weird. I always go for the cheapest shipping option (EU amazon sites) and they sometimes sent items in 3 days, or a week, and sometimes in 2  months.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 06:52:37 PM
Weird.  Here in canada its free shipping from Amazon with $25 purchase, and I get it in 2 days.  I buy a significant amount of SAKs and msc from Amazon and dont have prime and never paid a shipping charge.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 06:57:45 PM
Weird.  Here in canada its free shipping from Amazon with $25 purchase, and I get it in 2 days.  I buy a significant amount of SAKs and msc from Amazon and dont have prime and never paid a shipping charge.

:o

Damn you.

;)
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 08:47:08 PM
 :poh: Amazon raised the price for free shipping AGAIN! Its $49 now! :rant:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 08:59:55 PM

:o

Damn you.

;)

Not so much when you consider the stuff are a lot more expensive and our prime has no additional benefits like yours do.   :(

I was just looking at nursery pots yesterday and for the same price I can get 10 in Canada, or 100 in US.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:02:54 PM by jzmtl »

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 09:14:29 PM
No one likes rising costs, but I'm happy with what we get for our $99/year.  Most of our non-food shopping is done at Amazon.  It usually has the best prices (though I sometimes find lower on eBay), and everything shows up in 2 days.  When I factor in the saved cost of shipping each item individually, or the time and expense of driving everywhere to find XYZ in brick stores, I feel like its a bargain.  And my experience with Amazon returns is A+.  Prime video streaming is not nearly as expansive as Netflix, but we do find a few good movies to watch now and then.  So I'm happy with the status quo.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $91.95
PayPal Fees: $4.93
Net Balance: $87.02
Below Goal: $212.98
Site Currency: USD
29%