Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Yeoman

gb Offline Pattas29

Yeoman
on: May 05, 2016, 10:13:39 AM
Morning,

I have a line on a Yeoman. Red Scales original grey mag. Person is asking $75. He is in the states so I may need to pay even more for shipping.

Is that a good price for one?

Cheers in advance

Ian

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Yeoman
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:57:49 PM
I would say that's about right for a good condition Yeoman.  I just paid that price for a new Swiss Bianco Yeoman (so its "custom", not factory).

Note that there was also a 4-layer "Yeoman" that is the same as the Explorer, but has the Boy Scout logo.  So just make sure you are receiving the proper Yeoman.  Good luck.

gb Offline Pattas29

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:17:20 PM
Thanks for the reply Noodle

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:44:47 PM
No idea if this is a good price... but you were lucky enough to even one. I´m looking for years, without success here in Europe they are just not available.

Dear Vic, Please bring back the Yeoman to regular lineup... no new tooling neccesary as almost all parts are built in several other tools.  :pok: :pok:
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 02:31:01 PM
After further cogitation, its possible that a good condition Yeoman could sell for $100 on eBay.  Maybe more.  So $75 might be considered a good or fair price, but closer to the lower end of fair market value than the higher end.  That's just my opinion.

:salute:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 02:32:44 PM
Seems in the ballpark... I saw them going from 50 to 120 depending on condition and how "tweaked" they were. 75 USD for a good condition, original one sounds fair (I wouldn't pay this much for the life of me) but it sounds fair...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 02:51:38 PM
Thanks to Swissbianco's videos I can't read the word "Yoeman" without hearing a cartoonish Swiss voice: "Da ninety-one milly-metra Victorinox Yoe-Man..."

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 02:52:36 PM
Thanks to Swissbianco's videos I can't read the word "Yoeman" without hearing a cartoonish Swiss voice: "Da ninety-one milly-metra Victorinox Yoe-Man..."

:rofl:

us Offline ConditionZer0

Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 04:27:08 PM
There is one w/ black scales on the swiss bianco website for $75 right now.

:climber:

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 05:25:57 PM
After further cogitation, its possible that a good condition Yeoman could sell for $100 on eBay.  Maybe more.  So $75 might be considered a good or fair price, but closer to the lower end of fair market value than the higher end.  That's just my opinion.

Agree with Powernoodle on this.   :cheers:

Just keep an eye on the ball...there are quite a few being sold that aren't original Yeoman's, but are mods.  You can usually tell by the order of the implements.  Most people selling on eBay will note if it's a mod, but not everybody.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline parman53

• I Can Fix Anything
Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 07:06:48 PM
I just looked @ SAK Wiki. I thought the original had 4 layers but it is 3. That's a nice SAK with the original gray mag.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 12:52:48 AM

Haha, ya thats spot on.   :rofl:
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

gb Offline Pattas29

Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 11:47:24 AM
Thank you forthe replies gents it is beginning to look like a nonstarter. The guy is not replying to my messages.

Maybe he has decided to keep it. Gutted

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 12:31:06 PM

Agree with Powernoodle on this.   :cheers:

Just keep an eye on the ball...there are quite a few being sold that aren't original Yeoman's, but are mods.  You can usually tell by the order of the implements.  Most people selling on eBay will note if it's a mod, but not everybody.

If it's a mod though, it'll be a bargain, right?  :think:
A custom Yeoman would surely cost more than a factory Yeoman I'd imagine. So finding a custom Yeoman for $75-100 would be a good price, wouldn't it?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 12:33:18 PM
Thank you forthe replies gents it is beginning to look like a nonstarter. The guy is not replying to my messages.

Maybe he has decided to keep it. Gutted
You'll probably be best off modding one for yourself. It's not a difficult job and you only need a drill, a hammer and some files to do it. Of course on the down side once you've done one you'll be addicted to another thing.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gb Offline Pattas29

Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 08:03:13 AM
I imagine if i tried that make i would just end up with a bug pile of tools ha ha

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 12:17:47 PM
I imagine if i tried that make i would just end up with a bug pile of tools ha ha
You'll be surprised at what you can do if you try - it really isn't hard and there are stickies with tutorials and all of us to help out. I'd say the only quite difficult bit is the peening and even that only takes a bit of time.

If you really don't want to do it but can get hold of the parts I'll gladly mod you a Yeoman for free. Let me know.  :salute:

gb Offline Pattas29

Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 09:34:48 PM
Sir considering the sale has completely fell through i think i will take you up on that offer. I will pm you bud.

Thank you

Ian

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 01:34:06 AM
Just throwing this in since we are talking about Yeomans....

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 02:11:47 PM
Just throwing this in since we are talking about Yeomans....

(Image removed from quote.)
Can't promise my effort will be as pretty as Yeoman Rand SG.  :facepalm:

gb Offline Pattas29

Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 10:00:46 AM
Ha ha anything would be appreciated and I still have to source the parts yet so we are a little way off ha ha

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%