Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rrapala Fisherman Multitool

Yadda · 10 · 1746

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Rrapala Fisherman Multitool
on: June 06, 2016, 03:07:22 AM
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Re: Rrapala Fisherman Multitool
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:45:12 AM
That thing is crazy! Unfortunately if it's anything like the other branded Rapala gear it's crap. Their lures set a high standard, their gear gets nowhere close to it.

Cool concept though, I plan to one day start a fishing MT collection.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 11:11:05 PM
That thing is crazy! Unfortunately if it's anything like the other branded Rapala gear it's crap. Their lures set a high standard, their gear gets nowhere close to it.

Typical.

So many companies sell their names to marketers with inferior products- GMC, Dodge, Ford, Smith & Wesson, Browning, Coca Cola, Pepsi etc at have all licensed their names to the cheapest junk out there.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Vinjints

Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 06:46:01 PM

Where would you start?  Been on the lookout for any decent fishing MT, but gerber, SOG, etc. seem to all be discontinued.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 06:49:30 PM

Where would you start?  Been on the lookout for any decent fishing MT, but gerber, SOG, etc. seem to all be discontinued.
My favorite topic! :D

Most importantly, what type of fishing will you be doing?

Offline mikekoz

Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 07:31:06 PM
   I bought another Rapala fishing tool several months back at Walmart, one with slim long pliers. It looked good, but when I opened it and started messing around with it, found out it was a complete piece of crap. I returned it the next weekend.

us Offline Vinjints

Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 11:36:15 PM

Pond fishing with the tykes. Right now I just keep a $10 Walmart special in the tackle. But they tend to be good at getting hooks stuck in the smallmouth they're catching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 02:59:29 PM

Pond fishing with the tykes. Right now I just keep a $10 Walmart special in the tackle. But they tend to be good at getting hooks stuck in the smallmouth they're catching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That might do it!

The lack of salsmurfer should help any tool, definetly need needle nose or as close as you can get to them.

I find myself needing scissors and needle nose the most while freshwater fishing, salsmurfer is another ball game.

I'd go with a LM Wingman, outside scissors, fairly fine plier head, and spring loaded just to make things easier around the kids. It's small enough they should easily handle it as well. I have also used a SOG Switchplier 2 but I don't like how odd the angle is from handle to plier.

Also used a Surge, so my pants hang low.

us Offline Vinjints

Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 02:36:59 PM
I was strongly considering the switchplier. I thought the angle of the head was adjustable.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%