Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

111mm with Pruner Blade

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
111mm with Pruner Blade
on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:59 PM
I've been looking at the 111mm line for some time now and the Hunter looks tempting but I have little love for the serrated gutting blade, I would much prefer a 93mm pruning blade in there. Does anyone know if they are even close to each other?

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Re: 111mm with Pruner Blade
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 08:56:58 PM
The pruning blade is among the sharpest regarding SAK blades (Warnclif blade of Minichamp comes close). I don't know why. It is also dangerous for selfwounds, whith that pointy claw design.
A second serrated blade might come handy for plastics, ropes etc. That's my only comblaint whith my Wenger Ranger. It has two blades, so I would prefer the second (security or gutting blade) to be serrated, as Victorinox does.
But, if you prefer it plain, you might get a 130mm Delemont. And you can make a point to the gutting blade yourself, in order to have a big pruning blade, as they should be (and as Opinel makes them).

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Re: 111mm with Pruner Blade
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 09:22:05 PM
Judging by the looks of it, I think the serrated gutting blade is bigger than the (lovely) pruner blade. Also, due to the handle protuding, I think the pruner blade would work better if placed on the opposite end where the combo opener is.

:think: That would probably be one sweet SAK, with three knive blades :tu:

... That's my only comblaint whith my Wenger Ranger. It has two blades, so I would prefer the second (security or gutting blade) to be serrated, as Victorinox does.

You need a Vic Fireman in your life...
Show content
I have one NIB I could trade you if you like.  :angel:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26