Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK news sources ?

fr Offline Gee.B

SAK news sources ?
on: September 06, 2016, 03:47:24 PM
Hello,

Being a journalist i'm always a bit frustrated not to be in the know of the latest news for a product or a domain which interests me.

Sure there is the official Victorinox blog but a post every other month for a design award prize is not what I call very thrilling... They mainly publish photos on Twitter and Instagram of well known prudcts, but i'm looking for insider news.

By this I mean bits of info on new products they have in mind, when they'll decide on a new model, sales figures, evolution of the manufacturing process, internal restructuration, product manager interviews....

Cause I mean having a good knife is great but you easily get over it if you can't get interested in the evolution of the company that produce them... I even find it quite difficult to know if a model still is in production...

Any ideas where I should go to get those insights ?

Thanks a lot

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: SAK news sources ?
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 09:46:52 PM
Honestly, I can't think of a better place than right here.  Generally, if it's SAK related at all, someone here knows the answer or where to find it  :D
Barry

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: SAK news sources ?
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 11:55:20 PM
We have the keys to the Vic press backroom that the folks from Vic gifted us some years back. I think it's mostly meant for dealers and as a reference as there are no actual news there, just broshures, catalogs in varous languages and such. The good thing is these show up in there before they are officially anounced, the bad thing is, they are just placed somewhere, no notifications on new additions or anything so you have to look for it yourself.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%