Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sidekick and Wingman Pocket Clip

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Sidekick and Wingman Pocket Clip
on: October 06, 2011, 02:40:44 AM
I have been looking at getting one of these two tools lately. I know that my local HD hardware has them (or one or the other-not sure which). I havent really been up to date on the new multis lately though with a bunch of stuff going on around me.

But, I know that I saw some new LM tools at the store, but I passed them up because they looked kind of like 'gimmick' tools. Now that I done some research, I may get one.

But, the one thing that I am finding interesting in all of the photos is that it looks like the pocket clip is set up to carry the tool in your right back pocket, or your left front pocket.

I mean, if you put the tool in your right front pocket that the clip would be forward of where it would be on a folding knife for example.

Let me know whats up. This is what I see in the pictures. But for all I know, all of the pictures I have seen may have been backwards.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Re: Sidekick and Wingman Pocket Clip
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:22:26 PM
Nearly 5 years and not one reply??

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 10:43:36 PM
 :oops: Dont blame me, I wasnt here then.  :shrug:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 11:03:15 PM
I think that was one of the slowest years here at the forum according to the stats ::) I was here but not as much at that time :whistle:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 02:43:39 AM
Well, I can say that that Sidekick/Wingman does feel funny in my front, right pocket after all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 04:37:41 AM
I always carry the Wingman in the right front pocket and it seems fine to me but now that I am thinking about it, it will probably drive me crazy now :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:30:15 PM
My Sidekick only has one handle now, so it fits comfortably in either pocket...  :whistle:

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 06:14:59 PM
My Sidekick only has one handle now, so it fits comfortably in either pocket...  :whistle:
:salute:
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 08:20:24 PM

LM is missing a market by not making use of some of their handles for knives :D and it would have saved them a ton of money vs. designing a line of knives :rofl:

BTW sLaughtermed which handle do you carry and what tools are in there :think: :like:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 10:51:18 PM
Wrong clip placement, wrong clip design, wrong clip overall  :facepalm:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 06:23:20 AM

LM is missing a market by not making use of some of their handles for knives :D and it would have saved them a ton of money vs. designing a line of knives :rofl:

BTW sLaughtermed which handle do you carry and what tools are in there :think: :like:
Here is the original mod:  http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=62220.0

And heres what it looks like now:

And yes, the s30v blade is destined for what I like to call my "Superior Farmer"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:26:28 AM by sLaughterMed »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 04:10:16 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

And yes, the s30v blade is destined for what I like to call my "Superior Farmer"

Awesome :dd: That is very cool 8) Makes me want to take mine apart now and do the same thing :D

Thanks for the link I will make sure and read it buddy :tu:

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 05:06:07 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

:drool:
wonderful mod!
Seriously.  LM makes good handles. If they make non pliers MTs with these handles, they would have big fans too.  :like:

us Offline Dan B

Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 04:09:10 AM
You can swap the clip around to the other handle. I had a thread in the DIY section where I did just that.  I'll try and dig it up tomorrow.

Basically you take the pivots for the pliers out and swap them around because one has a hex head to help hold the clip. Then you drill a hole for the clip's locating tab to fit into and put it all back together.

The write-up was better though. It had step by step pictures and everything

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 08:20:03 AM
Funny, started this thread and never looked back on it again.

I ended up buying a sidekick. Couldn't tell you exactly when, but it was quite a few months after I posted this.

Carries fine by me. I've carried that thing quite a lot since I've had it actually. I am on and off with the tool addiction. Sometimes there's tools I  have to have, and sometimes I am busy with life and kinda just leave things alone. That been said, that sidekick is probably my most carries tool. Besides a Stayglow Rambler, I have some sort of multi tool on me.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%