Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First SAK mod

Dean51 · 38 · 2107

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Re: First SAK mod
Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 09:52:56 PM
It's a British Naval term:

Meaning

One's general appearance and demeanour.
Origin

cut of your jibThe jib of a sailing ship is a triangawlar sail set between the foretopmast head and the jib boom. Some ships had more than one jib sail. Each country had its own style of sail and so the nationality of a sailing ship, and a sailor's consequent opinion of it, could be determined from the jib.

The phrase became used in an idiomatic way during the 19th century. Sir Awlter Scott used to it in St. Ronan's Well, 1824:

"If she disliked what the sailor calls the cut of their jib."

Much obliged for the tuition  :cheers:

FTFY, BTW.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:54:34 PM by firiki »
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 09:54:07 PM
New mod banana page man dance

:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 09:55:14 PM

Meaning

Origin

cut of your jibThe jib of a sailing ship is a triangawlar sail set between the foretopmast head and the jib boom. Some ships had more than one jib sail. Each country had its own style of sail and so the nationality of a sailing ship, and a sailor's consequent opinion of it, could be determined from the jib.

The phrase became used in an idiomatic way during the 19th century. Sir Awlter Scott used to it in St. Ronan's Well, 1824:

<----  Much obliged for the tuition  :cheers:

FTFY
, BTW.
Oh firiki - that made me laugh - Thank you  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gr Offline firiki

Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 09:59:49 PM

Meaning

Origin

<----  Much obliged for the tuition  :cheers:

FTFY
, BTW.
Oh firiki - that made me laugh - Thank you  :cheers:

Glad to see I'm putting my newly found tawlent to good use then   :)

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 10:25:34 PM
That is lovely Dean! Great toolset and fantastic choice of scales.  :cheers:

Magentus - There's been something I've been meaning to tell you about my Cybertool 29... :whistle:

(Image removed from quote.)
You can tell me anything Ox-Guzzle - particularly if it's about that sweet CT29! If I win the CT41 in the minimalist challenge I think i'll be making it into a '29  :D Or a cybatawl (In-line awl - Wooweeee!)

Well it's not quite the same colour, I don't think Pichachu is going to be very happy...

I'm glad I didn't go for the larger CT34 or CT41 (though wouldn't say no to winning that beast!), it still feels pretty big. I thought of modding it into a Compact CT, but taking it down to just a combo tool/blade layer and CT driver, but then you'd lose the back scale awl (which given the CT is mostly about driving screws, is something I want to keep) - though if it could be modded to have an inline awl, that would be pretty cool.
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 04:17:48 PM
That is lovely Dean! Great toolset and fantastic choice of scales.  :cheers:

Magentus - There's been something I've been meaning to tell you about my Cybertool 29... :whistle:

(Image removed from quote.)
You can tell me anything Ox-Guzzle - particularly if it's about that sweet CT29! If I win the CT41 in the minimalist challenge I think i'll be making it into a '29  :D Or a cybatawl (In-line awl - Wooweeee!)

Well it's not quite the same colour, I don't think Pichachu is going to be very happy...

I'm glad I didn't go for the larger CT34 or CT41 (though wouldn't say no to winning that beast!), it still feels pretty big. I thought of modding it into a Compact CT, but taking it down to just a combo tool/blade layer and CT driver, but then you'd lose the back scale awl (which given the CT is mostly about driving screws, is something I want to keep) - though if it could be modded to have an inline awl, that would be pretty cool.

If I ever get a Cybertool, I think it will turn into a compaCT ASAP or even  something bladeless to use it as a secondary tool  :think:
Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 04:27:46 PM
Has anyone tried replacing the hook for an awl? Tried experimenting the other night, and the there's no adequate tension in order to safely use the tools...

Was thinking if I could use the backspring of the blade for this... might have to sacrifice the scissors' backspring in order to utilize the stopper... might also need to put a washer in between liner and awl to compensate for thickness.. Would this be a correct approach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #37 on: October 31, 2016, 02:02:43 PM
Syph has done it.  Apparently you need to bend the scissor spring a little to increase the pressure on the scissor tang (and add the washer to the side of the awl to make up the difference in thickness).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%