Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Important question for Leatherman Wave owners

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Important question for Leatherman Wave owners
Reply #60 on: December 11, 2016, 10:14:21 AM
I sure hope MTM did abandon us as a result of the comments he received.  I know it can be hard when others say your "baby" is ugly or something not supportive but isn't that part of the process?   

MTO members can be pretty specific as to what we like.  We can be a hard group to please.  Don't take anything personal MTM ( if you did ) keep after your design and IMO get it into the hands of a user not connected to you for further feedback.   

We are a good bunch of guys and gals.
+1

From what I have read, there have been some good idea's sent in.

To MTM:
When selling a product, you want an as big of a market as possible.
Meaning that some people like the idea of a permanently attached light, while others like a detachable light.
Try to build your invention for BOTH groups.
As mentioned before, a light that is attached to the screwdriver slot/lanyard slot, and therefore is permanently attached BUT detachable when wanted, might be the best road to succes.

I myself usualy grab my light between my teeth while using my MT with both hands.
A light that remains attached to the tool will remain on your tool AT ALL TIMES.
So if you, for example, are stuck at the side of the road and are working underneath the car:
You want to use your tool AND lighten up the underside of the car.
When the light is attached and you're working, the light will flash everywhere, besides the places you want it to shine.
Detach it, grab between your teeth and you're set.

You've covered that partialy, but needing to "work" on the tool to attach it isn't that much work. We on MTO know that.
But does your one-tool-neighbour know that too?

People want stuff the easy way.
Buy, unpack, attach.
The need to modify the tool will scare ALOT of users away.
Not every MT user is as freaky as us you know ^^

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: December 15, 2016, 08:48:05 PM
To the group - if someone comes up with a karambit style finger hole Wave I might buy it.  :pok:
Just saw one a company created for a Delica (a back spacer mod).
Silly I know but sooooo cool. Diresta in YouTube likes to fiddle with stuff. Check out his channel and the Which Blade.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: December 17, 2016, 07:16:49 AM
Where you folks seeing pictures at?  I dont see anything on the computer or tapatalk app...

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: December 17, 2016, 07:36:15 AM
I disapprove if Grant removed the pics. It sucks to come read a thread only to find the pics missing!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: December 19, 2016, 08:55:24 AM
Why haven't the pictures been put back up?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #65 on: December 19, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
Trade secret
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #66 on: December 19, 2016, 02:52:47 PM
Trade secret

Exactly - I am assuming that Multitoolmania asked for them to be taken down so no-one will steal his precious idea
And we do not deserve to see it anymore -  as we were not too keen

BTW - Was this an 'Important Question' - It certainly was 'a question' and maybe important for MTM - But not so much for us ???
....... I guess it was a good attention grabber!

......... Of course I am confident, that if another multi-tool company comes out with this idea , it will sell a lot of units and make a ton of money . 
I think the Gerber light fit, is a awful tool.  It only has a few tools on it, that are cheaply made, no pliers and the built in LED light. is cheap, and only puts out 1 mode of 22 lumens . I consider it a poor product at best, yet I would not be surprised if it has sold enough to generate $1,000,000 in revenue....largely because it had a built in AAA led light { the other tools were typical and boring, and surely did not set it apart from other multi-tools}
More proof that even poor ideas or just a new idea implemented poorly , can be big money makers.

Hmmm ..... Where is this confidence coming from? - And if it is such a great idea - Why has no-one done it already ?

And what proof do we have that the Gerber Fit Light really generated millions in revenue??
Have you seen the figures? - If you have then maybe we have proof - But your statement seems to be based on a conjecture rather than fact

I am not so familiar with it but just checked out a video - I'd say it compares OK with a Victorinox Cybertool Lite !! - And looks nice and compact

Anyway - I am being boring and negative - It's great to get new and unusual ideas - And I really hope it goes into production and sells well

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #67 on: December 19, 2016, 06:23:39 PM
He has patent pending on his design, showed us a couple photos of his prototype.
Since it was not well received here as he expected he asked grant to remove the photos.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: December 19, 2016, 06:28:26 PM
He has patent pending on his design, showed us a couple photos of his prototype.
Since it was not well received here as he expected he asked grant to remove the photos.
If that is truly the case, then the entire thread needs to be removed. Otherwise, it just draws you in an leaves you disappointed.

I would really like to see what was being talked about.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: December 19, 2016, 06:30:24 PM
What really cracks me up is he only gave it one day then was crying no one was interested.

I didn't even see the thread until a few days later.  Some folks around here are really very impatient!  Haha

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #70 on: December 19, 2016, 06:39:07 PM
If that is truly the case, then the entire thread needs to be removed. Otherwise, it just draws you in an leaves you disappointed.

I would really like to see what was being talked about.

If grant is ok with I can draw up a diagram to show you his idea.
Need his approval.

us Offline TheNinjaneer

• New User
Reply #71 on: June 11, 2017, 02:38:39 AM
Very Interested in this product! I just received my first Wave and was scouring the web and was dumbfounded when this product does not already exist.

No one likes to carry so many items in other pockets. THAT IS WHY I CARRY A MULTI-TOOL.

Hoping to get a response from OP, so I can help get this to the market.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #72 on: June 12, 2017, 04:58:55 AM
    I have always wanted a multi tool that had exactly what the original poster is talking about! Maybe not a Wave, but just any nice multi tool with a nice small light that ran on one AAA battery. I have several that use the button sized cells, but some of them use batteries that are difficult to find. I also own the Gerber Fit, and it is the closest thing I have found to it, but it lacks pliers. I do not find the Fit to be a poor quality tool, however. I have used one for years at work, and it has served me well. I personally would think the multi with the Fenix light would be a GREAT idea in a larger, maybe Leatherman Surge sized tool.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%