Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[Online Shopping] Worst purchase of 2016

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
[Online Shopping] Worst purchase of 2016
on: December 23, 2016, 05:33:48 PM
Sometimes we purchase stuff online and later on regret the decision. It would be too easy to blame it on alcohol, even when that is the case.
So what did you buy this year that was the result of a total brain-freeze and you regret every cent you spent on it?

Here comes mine.
Yup, I payed money for that, even for a fleeting moment in time I thought that money was well spent. All of that dollar ninety nine.
Show content

Hey it even gives light and makes noise
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Re: [Online Shopping] Worst purchase of 2016
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 11:17:19 PM
I picked up a Juice clone on the off chance that it would turn out to be the real deal. Not much money out but still more than I should have. Especially considering that I wasn't very fond of the real one I had.

Other than that I've been fairly happy with my online deals this year.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 01:13:48 AM
Sometimes we purchase stuff online and later on regret the decision. It would be too easy to blame it on alcohol, even when that is the case.
So what did you buy this year that was the result of a total brain-freeze and you regret every cent you spent on it?

Here comes mine.
Yup, I payed money for that, even for a fleeting moment in time I thought that money was well spent. All of that dollar ninety nine.
Show content

I think it is kind of cute  :D

Worst purchase of 2016 could have been best purchase of 2016. I bought a bunch of Prismacolor 150-ct pencil sets during black Friday at unbelievably low price. The seller kept on listing every half hour, so I was tied to my computer for a good quite. I was even assured that he had stocks for sale at posted price. A few days later, seller claimed software glitch, did not honor the sale price, cancelled all my orders and sent refund. Needless to say, I painted his feedback page with negative feedbacks.

Other than that episode, I had plenty of luck when purchasing tools this year. A few were overpaid, but none was disliked.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 01:30:44 AM
One of my worst purchases this year were True Utility SciXors. Certified garbage....
SAW

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 04:20:38 AM

Here comes mine.
Show content

Mine? I bought too many inexpensive leak alarms. Although they have already saved me twice, I should have bought better quality.  The mounting stickers didn't last 6 hours.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:28:33 AM by Yadda »
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 09:59:16 AM
It seems I'm the only one with poor impulse control buying junk :D

:pok: :pok: :pok:
come on, don't be shy
 :pok: :pok: :pok:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 10:02:36 AM
One of my worst purchases this year were True Utility SciXors. Certified garbage....
I have held them in my hands (well still wrapped, you can't really test them) many times, but then I always remember that no member here ever had a good word to say about them :P

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:03:22 AM

Here comes mine.
Show content

Mine? I bought too many inexpensive leak alarms. Although they have already saved me twice, I should have bought better quality.  The mounting stickers didn't last 6 hours.
I had band-aids that fell off within minutes (they were new!). Sometimes its just not worth to go cheap.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%