Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What are your weekend plans?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: What are your weekend plans?
Reply #30 on: April 02, 2017, 07:28:15 PM
How's Fiddy doing Smashie?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #31 on: April 02, 2017, 07:38:16 PM
He's ok, were both grumpy old men who have been in better health, so generally we talk and put the world to rights. Well Take the piss a lot :rofl:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: April 02, 2017, 07:45:27 PM
He's ok, were both grumpy old men who have been in better health, so generally we talk and put the world to rights. Well Take the piss a lot :rofl:
We'll just get off your lawn now...

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 09:20:02 PM
Reckon he'll make it to the meet? It'd be good to see him again.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #34 on: April 02, 2017, 09:27:12 PM
We'll just get off your lawn now...

You'll be fine as long as you can run at 3070 ft/s or better  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #35 on: April 02, 2017, 11:18:06 PM
I've been wondering where he has been.  I hope he comes back soon.  Not enough cantankery going on around here lately.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline JP

Reply #36 on: April 08, 2017, 10:04:06 PM
Got some BlueJays RedHots, a bag of chips and a pot of beans. Off to burn some brush from the yard and then begin the fancy foo-foo dinner.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: April 09, 2017, 04:19:56 PM
Megan got a new bike the other day so we are going to try it out today.

Yesterday we drove out to a friend's cottage to collect my trailer but the snow was too deep on their lane (plus their neighbor was plowing snow into it all winter) and half of the property was under water thanks to the runoff.   We had to park the Jeep and hike down the lane to the house.

The only two parts that were dry were the house  (thankfully!) and where the trailer was sitting!

Needless to say, I won't have my trailer for next weekend like I'd hoped.   :facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: April 09, 2017, 04:25:30 PM
Not a lot this weekend other than work.  I did manage to do some mowing and today I'll prune some shrubs.  I really need to make it to the market.

Yeah and I probably need to do some laundry.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 04:27:03 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

england Offline Kev D

Reply #39 on: April 10, 2017, 12:35:35 PM
4 day holiday weekend coming up for easter here, I'm hoping I can get some use out of my season pass for Normanby Park. Looking at the 5 day forecast it's looking like rain at the moment though

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 12:50:20 AM
Same here, but it'll be five days as Megan is taking an extra day off- of course there will be two days of driving as we are going to visit my family and that is an 8 hour drive each way.

We are leaving on Thursday and won't be back until Monday afternoon/evening, so if I'm not posting much, you'l know why.  Also, any store orders will be a bit delayed, but not by much as there won't be any mail picked up on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday, so the only order day we are losing out on is Thursday.

Def

england Offline Kev D

Reply #41 on: April 11, 2017, 01:13:04 PM
Same here, but it'll be five days as Megan is taking an extra day off- of course there will be two days of driving as we are going to visit my family and that is an 8 hour drive each way.

We are leaving on Thursday and won't be back until Monday afternoon/evening, so if I'm not posting much, you'l know why.  Also, any store orders will be a bit delayed, but not by much as there won't be any mail picked up on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday, so the only order day we are losing out on is Thursday.

Def

I don't envy you that drive each way, with all the metalwork in your ankles it must be murder, I know what it's like just driving a couple of hours with all the metalwork in my back.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #42 on: April 11, 2017, 02:31:19 PM

Def

I don't envy you that drive each way, with all the metalwork in your ankles it must be murder, I know what it's like just driving a couple of hours with all the metalwork in my back.
One hopes that the jeep has cruise control...
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: April 11, 2017, 11:45:52 PM
It does, but Cruise Control is virtually worthless on this trip.

Once you get about 20 miles outside of Ottawa you pass a small town called Arnprior, and that is where the highway goes from a sensible 100km/hour (65mph), 4 lane highway to a 2 lane, 90km/hr zone.  That still doesn't seem so bad, but the speed drops to 70km/hr as you near the towns along the way, then 50km/hour in the towns, then 70, then 90 again.  Then ten to fifteen minutes later you do it all over again.  :ahhh

It's only about 650kms, but takes 8 hours to drive it because of all the spots where you have to slow down then speed up then slow down.... and don't even get me started on the fuel consumption!   :ahhh

Or the small bridge just over an hour away from my parent's place, that is only one lane, and you have to stop and wait for traffic coming the other way to get across it.

It wouldn't be so bad if this was just a rinky dink country lane, but this is the Trans Canada Highway, the major artery for all road traffic going across the country.   :facepalm:

Last year we lost a good two hours waiting to cross that bridge because there was an accident.  We were the lucky ones, some folks behind us waited 8 hours to get through according to the news.  The worst part is, there's no way around it either.

But, when I get there, it's all well worth the trouble!

Def

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: April 11, 2017, 11:52:58 PM
Jeeez, only 100km/h at the fastest? The motorways here allow 120km/h a lot of the time, on this tiny island.
And the bridge sounds murder.  :facepalm:

All hail the hook!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: April 12, 2017, 03:29:19 AM
On the East Coast, where I was living until this time last year the limit is 110km/hr, but in one province (Nova Scotia) it's a toll road, and in the other it looks like they tried patching up a runway after a bombing raid, so it's hard to go 110km/hr there since you have to swerve an awful lot... and you have to slow down for the bumps and vibration.   :facepalm:

Across Quebec it's only 100km/hr but I have done 117km/hr across it and been passed by an awful lot of people.  I am just on the edge of Quebec in the next province of Ontario, which is really funny because it's very regional here.  In Ottawa (the city I am in) the Highways are 100km/hr but you find a lot of people on the highway doing 80km/hr, which is downright dangerous as far as I'm concerned.  I was also passed once by a guy on a motorcycle (I was doing about 106km/hr) like I was standing still, and he was in the carpool lane, riding with no hands on the handlebars and was busy texting as he went.  Needless to say, I hopped over another couple of lanes because I wanted as much space as possible between me and that guy.

If you head south into Toronto you see that the highways are also 100km/hr zones, but that if you aren't doing 120-130 then you are holding up traffic.  I once blew through a speed trap at just over 140km/hr and didn't get anyone's attention because I was only going marginally faster than the traffic around me.  I also blew across that city once at 185km/hr, and also didn't have any problems.  That was in the days before my Jeeps!  :D

I think the highway going west is purposely held back by the railway company lobbyists.  If you try to transport cargo further west than Montreal or Ottawa then you really have to send it by rail, because it is amazingly expensive to send a truck across Ontario.  Just to get across this one province, because of the highway system, it takes a full 24 hours of driving, and that is assuming no traffic holdups.

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #46 on: April 12, 2017, 06:48:35 AM
Typical Jeep owner - Buying the Jeep but never using it to its full potential.
Why would you need to use the regular roads, if you have an OFF-ROAD vehicle ?

:)

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: April 13, 2017, 12:58:59 AM
People get upset when I drive through their living rooms.

Also, it isn't amphibious..... yet....

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #48 on: April 13, 2017, 01:47:16 PM
There is only one way to find out if it floats    :)

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 02:08:00 PM
And its pen and paper maths, right? :afro:

hmm.. Weight plus density... buoyancy of tires... Scribble scribble... aha! The jeep will probably sink. :fugly:

All hail the hook!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #50 on: April 13, 2017, 02:14:47 PM
 :pok:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #51 on: April 13, 2017, 02:17:46 PM
Here many people don't respect the speed limits that much, no wonder we have an awful lot of fatal road accidents. Who am I to speak, 150-180 is my regular travel speed, thankfully I was never rich enough to own fancy cars.

This weekend is our Easter. We are going to our country home, the 4 of us after 2 whole years. Some bicycle, some church, some cocooning, some rest, some love and A LOT OF FOOD, starting Saturday after midnight. Magiritsa, skewed lamb, kokoretsi, kontosouvli and eggs of course. Monday is a holiday and I also took 2 days of blood donors off days, so I'll have 6+1 days total for Spring brake.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:18:58 PM by kkokkolis »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD