Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Manager saves the day.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Manager saves the day.
on: April 28, 2017, 05:02:41 PM
So I took off my MT while working yesterday for some odd reason.  I left it on my center console and didn't give it a second thought.  I had to scurry up some really steep embankment to my work site and realized the tool was not on me.  I really didn't want to slide down the embankment then scurry up again.  I figured my Pocket Wrench 2 would suffice and I also had my Manager on me tho honestly I didn't even consider it at that moment. 

I had several phillips that needed to be loosened and my PW2 was a no go because they were recessed.  I looked down the embankment and thought heck no I'm not making the trip. 

I keep my PW2 and Manager on the same clip so when my PW2 failed I then noticed my Manager. 

Yeah this could work.  If I bust it I'll be bummed but if it works then hoorah. 

Well as the title of the thread states, My Manager saved me.  I opened the Philips to the 90 degree position and pinched the tool at the connection to the scales then gave the screws a little constant torque till they all budged.  I was super impressed that the Manager didn't go flying into pieces or the fins of the driver didn't get wrecked. 

It is a little looser now with the torque applied but very much a usable tool still.  I am very impressed. 

Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Re: Manager saves the day.
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 05:18:57 PM
That is impressive!  :salute: I have a midnite minichamp but have yet to use the Philips head on it - good to know it's well made! I tend to use the knife, cap opener and pen most, though the light has come in handy when I've forgotten to carry a torch. Good work!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: Manager saves the day.
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:26:23 PM
Nice!  :like: :like:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!