Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Did the Solo, Pruner, Rancher, Harvester Alox models disappear/get renamed?

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Hey Knights

Just had a quick flick through the 2017 catalogue and there is no mention of the Solo, Pruner, Rancher and Harvester Pioneer Alox models ...... by name. Basically all the models with the Pruner blade (except the Solo of course!!)
NB The SAKs are still there - But they are called the 'Swiss Army 1, 2, 6, 7' respectively. How unimaginative!!  :twak:
Although the number represents the number of functions in the SAK - Just like they used to do for the Cybertool

This got me thinking - So I looked back to the 2015 catalogue and the names were not there either
- There they were all called 'Pocket Knife Alox' !!  - Yep all of them called the same name  :o

OK - So I went back to my next catalogue - 2006 - And there they had no names at all !!

Right - So this is not a recent change - And these names have not been around for some time
 - Can anyone tell me what is going on please? - And where did the names that are in SAKWIKI, and that we use here, come from?
Is it one of these regional differences in model names things?

Apologies if this has been raised before 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:43:11 AM by Huntsman »

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
They are strange names in the current catalog.  The worst, in my opinion is the Executive 81 (Esquire).
Not sure what's up with Victorinox.
- Steve

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
My word of the day is random.

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Maybe they're getting back to the 80's way of naming things, not easy to remember names, but complicated (scifi/military like) code numbered names that where "cool" back then  >:D
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
In the past, different regions got different models/names

Maybe they are still in the catalogue for  e.g. Europe
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%