Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Puttin' on the Hoffritz 2426

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,876
Re: Puttin' on the Hoffritz
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2018, 06:30:14 AM »
No clue on the inlay as i have made a start at cleaning and polishing the front scale   ::)
Scissors and reamer  :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)
Sorry I never got back to this, Borg!  I need to see the other side of the reamer!  :D  We know it's post 75 and pre 85 so far  :cheers:

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain
Hero Member Posts: 840
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2018, 06:53:23 PM »
No worries  :tu:

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2018, 01:50:32 AM »
I believe that beveled tip of the awl will place it '82 before, and the cross looks like it's stainless steel which would place is post '80

I think you could date this one 80-82.. ish  :)

:cheers:

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,283
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2018, 02:32:04 PM »
 :like: Nice one Borg!!

Barry
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2018, 07:53:57 PM »
Sounds good, thanks El C and cheers Barry  :salute:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,626 Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2018, 03:19:48 PM »
got a few SAKs from the Mt.org store today,

and among them...my first Hoffritz  :woohoo: :D

and other two brandings/engravings  :dunno:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,283
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »
Nice!!

Barry
No Life Club Posts: 1,862
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2018, 07:35:50 PM »
Nice find on the Hoffritz
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2018, 10:36:49 PM »
Welcome to the club TP   :cheers:
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2018, 02:52:52 AM »
Welcome to the club TP   :cheers:

+1  :like: :salute:

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »
behind the safety of two Spydeholes, and a body of plastic
and a big chunk of old Hoffriz scales, which look fantastic,
both LEGO minifigures approach the Spyderco sticker,
that just arrived and is aggressive, no doubt it's a critter!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest
No Life Club Posts: 2,366
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2018, 10:08:25 PM »
There are some very nice Hoffritz models displayed.  Congrats to the owners.

This is the only one I own.I believe it's a Champ.There wasn't much attention paid to this when it was up for auction,so I took a chance and bid on it.I believe I bought it below its true value but that's just a guess.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**
No Life Club Posts: 1,862
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2018, 01:34:45 AM »
Nice Toolguy!  :like:
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 05:32:38 AM »

This is the only one I own.I believe it's a Champ.There wasn't much attention paid to this when it was up for auction,so I took a chance and bid on it.I believe I bought it below its true value but that's just a guess.

That's a very nice Champion!  Looks like it's in excellent condition!  :tu: :like:

No Life Club Posts: 2,366
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2018, 05:55:16 AM »

That's a very nice Champion!  Looks like it's in excellent condition!  :tu: :like:
Thank you.

Yes it is a Champion.Sorry about the mistake and improper abbreviation.

It is in new condition.The scales are perfect.I added that screwdriver but I believe I will replace it with an older and appropriate round mini-driver.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2018, 06:16:17 AM »

Thank you.

Yes it is a Champion.Sorry about the mistake and improper abbreviation.

It is in new condition.The scales are perfect.I added that screwdriver but I believe I will replace it with an older and appropriate round mini-driver.

Love the old Champions,  I've never been a big fan of the Victorinox pliers, I kind of feel like they had too much bulk for the usefulness of the tool.

I've noticed that the older round mini screwdrivers will often fit a lot looser in the corkscrews. It seems like the newer version fits more snuggly and most corkscrews, especially Wenger corkscrews.  But up do understand wanting to put the older version in there for historical accuracy sake.

I think if you paid less than $50 for it, then you got a great deal.  :cheers:

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2018, 08:15:03 PM »
Against the Hoffritz, in futility, fought the brave Pumpkin
but both in taste and in utility, the two were top ranking
 :climber:

My toys:

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $154.00
PayPal Fees: $9.19
Net Balance: $144.81
Below Goal: $130.19
Site Currency: USD
53% 
November Donations

Community Links