Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Make your own diffuser film

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Make your own diffuser film
on: October 23, 2008, 08:54:54 PM
A fellow on another forum wanted to diffuse the beam on his Surefire E2DL but didn't want to use the Surefire F04 diffuser which covers the strike teeth and changes the look of the light. This is an idea I came up with and I thought I would post it here as well. It works on any lights and from depending on how much you scratch up the front of the WriteRight paper you can diffuse the beam of your light allot or very little.

Go to Walmart and some WriteRight universal screen protectors in the IPOD section for $5.88.

Then cut a circle to size the E2DL lens. Not shown is how I got the correct size. I took a scrap paper and cut until I got the correct size and then used it as a guide to cut the film.

Here is the important step. By itself WriteRight film wont diffuse the E2DL beam. You have to use some 3M scouring pad and rough up the front of the film until you get a nice milky look to the front.

Here's the results:

Before:

After:

There is a lite adhesive on the back of the film that holds it in place.

Before:

After:

So far I have tried this on some of my lights at diffing levels of scratching up of the front of the film for diffing levels of diffusing. It works well.
"

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Make your own diffuser film
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 08:59:36 PM
I've done this too, and it works quite well.  I've added the film to the red filters that fit on my Fenix lights.

Nice instructions & pics!   :tu:
- Terry

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Make your own diffuser film
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:49:28 PM
very nice! thx ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00