Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Uses for the micro screwdriver if you don't wear eyeglasses?

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Re: Uses for the micro screwdriver if you don't wear eyeglasses?
Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 05:31:35 PM
:rofl:

--

Guys, does your miniscrew stay solidly in place inside the corkscrew when you use it? mine was wobbly in my Spartan when I placed it in  ???

Well... It varies a bit from corkscrew to corkscrew... :-\ Some go in more than others and have vary levels of "snugness"
I have a brand new spartan that in can't get any mini SD to fit in... It just wont pass the first two 2 turns

Thanks! I admit having a very limited experience with the mini SD as it was decades ago when I last used it for eye glasses adjustment. It was still using the rounded body that fit snugly in the corkscrew. The recent hexagonal ones though were loose in my Spartan. Its quite surprising to know there is variance in a SAK.

Will post again about my experience when my next SAK with corkscrew arrives.  :)

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 06:52:07 PM
I have one of the old model SD's that I carry whenever I'm carrying a SAK with a CS. It doesn't see much use for two reasons. First of all the old style SD doesn't fit most eyeglass scewes or some of the other screw's you may run into. If I updated to the new one I'm sure it would work better. When I do need a SD that small I use the Wanger 65mm SD. It's longer and fits a larger range of screws then the older Vic SDs. The biggest pulse the Vic SD for me is with it in place I'm less likely to get a hot spot from the CS on my hand.
20170827_091643.jpg
* 20170827_091643.jpg (Filesize: 194.3 KB)
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 07:28:04 PM
A perfect example (although another traitor) of real world reason for the newer hex shape.  Often when doing a job on electronis , adjusting a potentiometor, removing that micro screw etc... their is not enough room to simply stick one's fingers into the area safely ( with out becoming a part of the circuit- OUCH!!) so using the driver extension as a handle becomes a must.  I carry a Swisstool X Plus set up in a custom pouch and chose to leave out the corckscrew so I modded the ratchet handle to hold the mini driver and also be a handle for using it.

Very cool, great idea :salute:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 07:20:25 PM
Just want to report that the micro SD on my SwissChamp's corkscrew installs snugly/solidly  :tu:

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 07:33:15 PM
Just want to report that the micro SD on my SwissChamp's corkscrew installs snugly/solidly  :tu:

Glad to hear it! I can finally get some sleep now :P
 :D

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 07:34:40 PM

Glad to hear it! I can finally get some sleep now
 :D
:rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31