Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Do the Victorinox Scissors dull?

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Re: Do the Victorinox Scissors dull?
Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 04:56:21 PM
Cutting peeling cuticles?  :dwts:
Yeah, it's not normal. It'd probably be better to find the cause and treat that rather than just repeatedly snipping skin off the top of your fingers. It might be indicative of other health problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See the later post. He apparently means the little bits of dead skin that curl up on your fingers along the sides of the nail, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, I know what he meant. Using harsh soap, detergents, or other chemicals can cause it. There can be dietary causes too, but usually it's from harsh detergents/chemicals.

Maybe dry skin too?  :think:

That's my guess, I feel like it's more common in winter and I believe it's due to the dry air.
From the heating apparatus?

Partially I guess. Mostly it's due to the fact that air can hold less water as it gets colder.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Do the Victorinox Scissors dull?
Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 05:20:59 PM
Cutting peeling cuticles?  :dwts:
Yeah, it's not normal. It'd probably be better to find the cause and treat that rather than just repeatedly snipping skin off the top of your fingers. It might be indicative of other health problems.

See the later post. He apparently means the little bits of dead skin that curl up on your fingers along the sides of the nail, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, I know what he meant. Using harsh soap, detergents, or other chemicals can cause it. There can be dietary causes too, but usually it's from harsh detergents/chemicals.

Maybe dry skin too?  :think:

That's my guess, I feel like it's more common in winter and I believe it's due to the dry air.
From the heating apparatus?

Partially I guess. Mostly it's due to the fact that air can hold less water as it gets colder.
Which is why an airconditioning unit gives of cold air + water.
A cold room causes a sore throat.
A steaming hot shower puts of water against a cold mirror etc...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%