Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Banana spam (was: Non lockung multitools regarding local knife laws)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

Ive got a question to the "locals" around the world regarding their knife laws.
Here in europe we got the whole range of laws, from "we dont care" (austria) to "better keep your scissors at home" (UK).

My issue is with the non locking rule, for example in the UK, france, italy, spain afaik.
Now there are some MTs that have no locking blade, but the handles prevent the blade from folding in when closed, for example:
- old Mr Pinchys
- old LMs (PST, PSTII, Flair)
- SOG PPP, Paratool

All these tools are non locking, but: how are they handled in real life? Are these tools considered locking or non locking in your country?
I worry about this since I travel a lot and dont want to mess with the police far from home.

Any experiences?

In the UK, it is presumed that they are non locking, but if it went to court??? Also, even if it's non-locking 3" or less, it's still a bladed article, so you have to be mindful of that in public spaces, train stations etc... and if it's flashed about or percieved to be used in a threatening manner, then (under law) it becomes an offensive weapon, but that could technically apply to anything eg. an umbrella.... or a stick... or a frozen banana....

I hate it when mobs get armed with frozen bananas

:nanadance:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:52:34 AM by hiraethus »

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Non lockung multitools regarding local knife laws-
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:37:29 PM

Here in europe we got the whole range of laws, from "we dont care" (austria) to "better keep your scissors at home" (UK).

My issue is with the non locking rule, for example in the UK, france, italy, spain afaik.
Now there are some MTs that have no locking blade, but the handles prevent the blade from folding in when closed, for example:
- old Mr Pinchys
- SOG PPP, Paratool

All these tools are non locking, but: how are they handled in real life? Are these tools considered locking or non locking in your country?
I worry about this since I travel a lot and dont want to mess with the police far from home.

Any experiences?

In the UK, it is presumed that they are non locking, but if it went to court??? Also, even if it's non-locking 3" or less, it's still a bladed article, so you have to be mindful of that in public spaces, train stations etc... and if it's flashed about or percieved to be used in a threatening manner, then (under law) it becomes an offensive weapon, but that could technically apply to anything eg. an umbrella.... or a stick... or a frozen banana....

Ah-hem... it's not a laughing matter...

Accidently stabbed to death [with a frozen banana] while viewing a tool related internet forum? Do not delay, call Fuzzbucket Injury Lawyers for You on 0800......
banana.jpg
* banana.jpg (Filesize: 118.77 KB)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 12:44:42 PM

- old Mr Pinchys
- SOG PPP, Paratool

Any experiences?

Accidently stabbed to death [with a frozen banana] while viewing a tool related internet forum? Do not delay, call Fuzzbucket Injury Lawyers for You on 0800......
The banana is not in it's peel...

Do I really want to know where it went? :dwts:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 12:45:18 PM
And how is someone going to call you after being stabbed to death? :shrug:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 12:47:27 PM

- old Mr Pinchys
- SOG PPP, Paratool

Any experiences?

The banana is not it it's peel...

...Dr said it was the worst case of rectal trauma he'd ever seen...

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 12:48:43 PM

...just a technicality...

Edit: Nitpicker!!!!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 12:50:38 PM
'You shot him! You shot him dead!'
'Well he was attacking me with a banana!'
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 12:55:37 PM
'You shot him! You shot him dead!'
'Well he was attacking me with a banana!'

Exactly... well said.
13887.jpg
* 13887.jpg (Filesize: 21.07 KB)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 01:01:20 PM
 :rofl:
Gotta love Monty Python!
Nate

SEND IT!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 01:03:18 PM

- old Mr Pinchys
- SOG PPP, Paratool

Any experiences?

The banana is not it it's peel...

:ahhh
And I hear that the frozen turkeys are even worse!
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 01:04:06 PM

- old Mr Pinchys
- SOG PPP, Paratool

Any experiences?

Or Roy Hudds finger  :D
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 01:08:55 PM

- old Mr Pinchys
- SOG PPP, Paratool

Any experiences?

:dwts: :o
You've gone too far in this time mags.  :whistle:

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 01:18:21 PM

- old Mr Pinchys
- SOG PPP, Paratool

Any experiences?

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 01:30:17 PM

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:33:56 PM by Aleph78 »
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 01:43:21 PM
Ah-hem...

I'd like to point out, that so far... despite what it might appear... I am... the only one... to have replied to the OP with a sensible reply... (yes i said sensible)...  :whistle:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 01:45:14 PM
Ah-hem...

I'd like to point out, that so far... despite what it might appear... I am... the only one... to have replied to the OP with a sensible reply... (yes i said sensible)...  :whistle:
Well, mostly.
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 01:51:36 PM
Ah-hem...

Well, mostly.

No Ducty NO! I was being quite serious about the banana... you would not be so cavalier about such things looking down the pointy end of a frozen banana!!!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 01:57:28 PM
Ah-hem...

Well, mostly.

No Ducty NO! I was being quite serious about the banana... you would not be so cavalier about such things looking down the pointy end of a frozen banana!!!

Well for some, the looking down the pointy end of a frozen banana would be a horrific ordeal. However, I have been trained in self defense against fruit. Yes even black and red cherries. Now pointy sticks on the other hand......
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 02:01:39 PM
Ah-hem...

Well, mostly.

Well for some, the looking down the pointy end of a frozen banana would be a horrific ordeal. However, I have been trained in self defense against fruit. Yes even black and red cherries. Now pointy sticks on the other hand......

...well yes, the banana's only there to distract you while i chib you with [one of Mags] pointy sticks...

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 02:03:46 PM
There'll be no chibing using one of my pointy sticks young fellow me lad. My pointy sticks were designed and made with peace in mind.  :twak:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 02:05:54 PM
There'll be no chibing using one of my pointy sticks young fellow me lad. My pointy sticks were designed and made with peace in mind.  :twak:

...but, you said...?

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 02:09:09 PM
Peace in mind........ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I thought you was serious there for a second.
Nate

SEND IT!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 02:30:23 PM
Can I have one of your pointy sticks if it's only for personal use?  :angel:

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 02:33:25 PM

Hey!

You... you...

Picknicker!.. uh...

With bananas!...

:facepalm:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 06:18:10 PM

Hey!

You... you...

Picknicker!.. uh...

With bananas!...

:facepalm:

;) :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:20:34 PM by Fuzzbucket »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 06:32:08 PM
You want me to trust you with one of my pointy sticks? Are you having a laugh? You'd have to promise to attend one of my annual 'Responsible use of a pointy stick' weekend seminars. If you pass the final exam you receive a certificate licencing you to use a pointy stick in public. Other successful attendees have gone on to great things - one of my most promising students is now the Official Pointy Stick Bearer for the Prince of Zimbabwe.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 06:35:53 PM
You want me to trust you with one of my pointy sticks? Are you having a laugh? You'd have to promise to attend one of my annual 'Responsible use of a pointy stick' weekend seminars. If you pass the final exam you receive a certificate licencing you to use a pointy stick in public. Other successful attendees have gone on to great things - one of my most promising students is now the Official Pointy Stick Bearer for the Prince of Zimbabwe.
:gimme:
When does it start?

All hail the hook!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 06:47:53 PM

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice