Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Halloween: safer with a torch!

Splat · 11 · 1408

us Offline Splat

Halloween: safer with a torch!
on: November 01, 2008, 07:00:51 PM
So yesterday was Halloween here in the USA. I went out for some take-out Chinese food last night. Driving around I saw many kids, most in dark clothing, going around trick-or-treating. I am a very cautious driver but last night I made an even more conscious effort to be aware of kids crossing or walking along the roadways. Around dusk my nephew visited to show off his cool ghoul costume and go around my neighborhood trick-or-treating. Remembering how hard it was to see some of the kids on the roads I gave him my Fenix LOD Q4 set to strobe dangling from a wristband. I figure this would help vehicles see him(us) better. So we walked about 1-2 miles around and had a blast. Every house we stopped at the people were very gracious. Quite a few remarked, "That little flashlight's a great idea! I wish I got my kid(s) one to walk with."  Yeah, so I'm blowing my own horn but this is yet another feel-good reason I'm glad I bought such a tiny, powerful portable light. You never know when it'll come in handy.
Splat

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Re: Halloween: safer with a torch!
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:06:54 PM
So yesterday was Halloween here in the USA. I went out for some take-out Chinese food last night. Driving around I saw many kids, most in dark clothing, going around trick-or-treating. I am a very cautious driver but last night I made an even more conscious effort to be aware of kids crossing or walking along the roadways. Around dusk my nephew visited to show off his cool ghoul costume and go around my neighborhood trick-or-treating. Remembering how hard it was to see some of the kids on the roads I gave him my Fenix LOD Q4 set to strobe dangling from a wristband. I figure this would help vehicles see him(us) better. So we walked about 1-2 miles around and had a blast. Every house we stopped at the people were very gracious. Quite a few remarked, "That little flashlight's a great idea! I wish I got my kid(s) one to walk with."  Yeah, so I'm blowing my own horn but this is yet another feel-good reason I'm glad I bought such a tiny, powerful portable light. You never know when it'll come in handy.
Yes it's true you are one of a dying breed people who think plan and use common sense  :salute:

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 07:26:48 PM
I gave my 3 year old a cheapo Wally World flashlight(with fresh batteries though) and I had my Mag-lite. Granted they're not super expensive ones but they did the trick. When he gets older I'll give him a better flashlight.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 07:57:31 PM
We celebrated trick or treat the day before Yesterday and when I did I was sitting out on my front porch handing out candy(I live in the country) with my friend Andrew as it got dark I kept hearing noices in the woods nearby(probably deer or foxes, etc.) after trick or treat was over I decided to investigate(what could be more fun than going in the woods on a dark night w/ bright flashlights)so I got my trusty .25, a 2C Maglite, photon freedom micro and Surefire 6p. To make a long story short the maglite wasn't that bright but my surefire was and we didn't see anything in the woods.
(

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 10:35:19 PM
That's a very good point mate, me and my son were fairly well illuminated, but there were plenty of other's who where near invisible :-\
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 11:07:50 PM
We celebrated trick or treat the day before Yesterday and when I did I was sitting out on my front porch handing out candy(I live in the country) with my friend Andrew as it got dark I kept hearing noices in the woods nearby(probably deer or foxes, etc.) after trick or treat was over I decided to investigate(what could be more fun than going in the woods on a dark night w/ bright flashlights)so I got my trusty .25, a 2C Maglite, photon freedom micro and Surefire 6p. To make a long story short the maglite wasn't that bright but my surefire was and we didn't see anything in the woods.

Voices in the woods and no one's there?  Ghosts!!!!   You're going to need a bigger gun...
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 11:30:05 PM

Voices in the woods and no one's there?  Ghosts!!!!   You're going to need a bigger gun...
I would get a barret  :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 11:44:54 PM
Forget the Barret... 20mm all the way >:D

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 07:57:47 AM
A flashlight is a great idea for trick-or-treaters :cheers:

Of course where I live we have to drive everywhere we go to trick-or-treat :( not to many houses close :-\

But we mainly went to relatives houses anyway :D

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 02:49:41 PM
I've seen Eveready(USA Made) flashlights at the dollar general for $1 since not to many kids come to my house for Trick or Treat I've thought about passing those out.
(

Offline SoDak

Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 06:12:31 PM
I think my little brother took his lumpower d-mini out with him for tirck-or-treating. Of course he had to get into my supply of 123 batteries sice he had used up all of his.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%