Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Did I sin against the SAK gods?

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Did I sin against the SAK gods?
on: November 01, 2008, 08:56:05 PM
So the last few days have been busy with me tinkering a lot. Working on my car to doing stuff around the house. So I've been carrying my Spirit a lot lately. I absolutely love this tool but I found the ultimate weakness of it. I couldn't find it for a few hours yesterday and I was horrified. I had lost my baby. I decided that I'm gonna buy a LM Kick to do busy work so I don't lose my good tool. If I break or lose a Kick it's no big deal, they're cheap and I can go to Wal-Mart to get a new one. Of course I'd still use my Spirit for outdoor adventures and more important jobs.

Now is this a sin against the SAK gods or am I honoring the higher quality tool by possibly sacrificing a lesser tool on unimportant stuff?

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Re: Did I sin against the SAK gods?
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:58:32 PM
Now is this a sin against the SAK gods or am I honoring the higher quality tool by possibly sacrificing a lesser tool on unimportant stuff?

Shelfing (as in actually putting on a shelf, not the other thing) tools offends them.

Anyway, the spirit isn't a real tool, it's a shiny tool shaped object that is fun to touch, if you want to do real work, you need a leatherman anyway  :D

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:17:48 PM
Shelfing (as in actually putting on a shelf, not the other thing) tools offends them.
Anyway, the spirit isn't a real tool, it's a shiny tool shaped object that is fun to touch, if you want to do real work, you need a leatherman anyway  :D
Oh I wouldn't say that. As of yet, I have NOT broken a Spirit but I HAVE broken a Super Tool.  :D :D
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:18:26 PM
Do you consider the Spirit a SAK? (to each their own, unless you meant the Swiss Gods! and I thought that was money!)
and where did you end up finding it by the way?

I have to use my Spirit, I have a Kick and Blast and they are fine but
nothing feels like the Spirit!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 10:23:14 PM
I'm EDCing a Spirit as we speak  :D I still say its THE best all round multitool  :multi:  The Kicks OK but your going to miss the tool selection you get with the Spirit  :( My advise is get another Spirit as a spare .Or try a mighty Swisstool  ;)

Dunc

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 10:28:25 PM
I know what you mean, DTH. I use a Kick as a beater tool too. It's small and light and I am never worried about damaging or losing it.

The main downside is the limited tool selection, which has me considering getting a Blast.

It is a weird to leave my clearly superior SwissTool behind for a Kick though...  :P
[

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 10:30:52 PM
It all comes down to two words...

SAFE QUEEN

?
[

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 10:31:53 PM
You will anger the Swiss Gods by sullying you hands on a lesser tool!

Stay true to the path of the righteous and keep using the Spirit, just paint it so you can find it easier :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 12:14:23 AM
 The Swiss Gods are jelous gods, buddy you are taking a hell of a chance!Ya might get stomped by bearer Dwarven maidens who will pour stale beer on you ,after passing it thru their kidneys !

Chris

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 12:24:46 AM
 :oops:
YOU SHALL BURN IN HELL FOR THIS!!! :pommel: :twak:

Bow down on your hands and knees you apostate!!!

AND BEG FORGIVENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:26:25 AM by BIG-TARGET »
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 01:38:05 AM
Don't feel bad I lost(or someone "borrowed" it) my Pelican flashlight a month ago and haven't seen it since.
(

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 01:41:09 AM
I actually leave the Spirit in my backpack, along with a laptop and graphing caluclator and all sorts of expensive things... I keep a watchful eye.

The PST in my pocket or Blast on my belt is for beating.
Got those frog legs.

us Offline Splat

Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 02:27:12 AM

Just send the Spirit to me for safekeeping so then you'll never lose it. You'll always know I have it.  :D :D

Ok, ok.........  seriously, I would just keep using the Spirit. Throw a GID & bright-orange mixed lanyard on it so it sticks out, but just keep using it. You bought it to use it, no?
Splat

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 09:34:58 AM
The Swiss Gods are jelous gods, buddy you are taking a hell of a chance!Ya might get stomped by bearer Dwarven maidens who will pour stale beer on you ,after passing it thru their kidneys !

Chris
:D :D

Made my morning mate :cheers:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Splat

Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 06:43:17 PM

Some people pay a lot for that over in Asia.  :D
Splat

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 09:23:23 PM
My advise is get another Spirit as a spare .Or try a mighty Swisstool 
Well see, that's the problem. I can barely afford gas for my car right now. I'd love to be able to have a spare Spirit but ATM if I bought one my wife would neuter me. Of course ATM I can't afford a Kick so it's a moot point.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 09:58:06 PM
The reason you are afraid to lose it is because it's engraved and it has a pocket clip- right?
B

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 10:45:03 PM
My advise is get another Spirit as a spare .Or try a mighty Swisstool 
Well see, that's the problem. I can barely afford gas for my car right now. I'd love to be able to have a spare Spirit but ATM if I bought one my wife would neuter me. Of course ATM I can't afford a Kick so it's a moot point.

It would be worth it ::)
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 12:01:06 AM
The reason you are afraid to lose it is because it's engraved and it has a pocket clip- right?
Yeah. It's a pretty special tool to me. And by no means would I make it shelf queen. I would just use the Kick on the dirty and crappy jobs. And I have to admit I like the Kick. I had one and for what it is it's great. I would love it if Vic would come up with something similarly priced. Replacing a 20 dollar tool is a lot less painful than replacing a 60 dollar tool, especially when you're as broke as I am. We're even considering moving to a cheaper place to save some money. I sold one of my cars yesterday to pay off some debt.

It's reasons like this why I want to get the cheaper tool. I do not want to lose it since 1) it's so special to me and 2) I simply couldn't afford to get another one.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%