Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[Toys for Boys] Sidesword & Dagger

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: [Toys for Boys] Sidesword & Dagger
Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 04:37:03 PM
I always liked HEMA. But the trouble is the only club I know of is on the other side of the country. Granted, the country in question is no more than 300 km across as the crow flies (if that), but I am not the most mobile of creatures. Also, in addition to me going to gym 3 times a week I doubt I could do any decent amount of practice. Especially as it seems to me that these pointy sharp objects require quite a lot of skill to handle.  :D

The other thing I would like to try is paramotoring. But that is even more expensive.

We meet on the border in full plate armour, have our national coat of arms on the shields and just watch as the mayhem ensues. Oh and we start challenging each other to all sorts of contests (jousting, different sword duels, archery, pin the tail on the donkey....) over something idiotic. We wouldn't learn anything but it would be funny

Can you imagine if we did that? What could possibly go wrong? I can just imagine the media reaction...  :D
Its called "Battle of the Nations"  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=E1E0gi8BzKM

Oh and it will happen in Prague
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:38:48 PM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 04:37:46 PM
I always liked HEMA. But the trouble is the only club I know of is on the other side of the country. Granted, the country in question is no more than 300 km across as the crow flies (if that), but I am not the most mobile of creatures. Also, in addition to me going to gym 3 times a week I doubt I could do any decent amount of practice. Especially as it seems to me that these pointy sharp objects require quite a lot of skill to handle.  :D

The other thing I would like to try is paramotoring. But that is even more expensive.

We meet on the border in full plate armour, have our national coat of arms on the shields and just watch as the mayhem ensues. Oh and we start challenging each other to all sorts of contests (jousting, different sword duels, archery, pin the tail on the donkey....) over something idiotic. We wouldn't learn anything but it would be funny

Can you imagine if we did that? What could possibly go wrong? I can just imagine the media reaction...  :D
CROATIA AND SLOVAKIA AT WAR! More news at 11.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 04:56:11 PM

Oh no, you didn't! Prepare to be invaded and have country names explained to you!  :D

Ps: Can I trust our neighbour Australia to support us in our quest for enforcing the correct country names?  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:57:52 PM by lister »
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 05:28:07 PM

Oh no, you didn't! Prepare to be invaded and have country names explained to you!  :D

Ps: Can I trust our neighbour Australia to support us in our quest for enforcing the correct country names?  :rofl:
:doh:
I get it now.  :facepalm:

You can call my country (Republic of Ireland) part of the UK if you like, I deserve it.  :facepalm:

All hail the hook!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 05:46:14 PM

You can call my country (Republic of Ireland) part of the UK if you like, I deserve it.  :facepalm:
Gentlemen, no need for name calling... lets do this properly and meet "behind the Luxembourg" at noon ;)

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 10:32:04 AM

Gentlemen, no need for name calling... lets do this properly and meet "behind the Luxembourg" at noon ;)

I wonder if I can get direct flight there from my country?  :think:

What weapons are we using? Or is this more one of those violence transfer/substitute games/sports kind of a thing? If so, what kind?

Or are we just getting drunk till we forget the grievous insults exchanged?  :drink:

:D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 11:21:17 AM

What weapons are we using? Or is this more one of those violence transfer/substitute games/sports kind of a thing? If so, what kind?

Or are we just getting drunk till we forget the grievous insults exchanged?  :drink:

Foam swords with a stick of wood in the middle to stiffen them up.  :like:

All hail the hook!

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 11:23:42 AM

So basically a glorified pillow fight? It can't hurt if we try...

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 11:35:05 AM

So basically a glorified pillow fight? It can't hurt if we try...
At least we won't be using those silly floppy foam swords.. ::)
Say, what about wood swords? That could work!
If it worked for Syrio Forel, it could work for us.  8)

All hail the hook!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 11:50:40 AM

Well, Paris does have an airport nowadays :D

Its a reference to the Three musketeers, its where D'Artagnan is supposed to fight Athos at noon, Portos at 1 pm and Aramis at 2 pm

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 12:06:52 PM

Well, Paris does have an airport nowadays :D

Its a reference to the Three musketeers, its where D'Artagnan is supposed to fight Athos at noon, Portos at 1 pm and Aramis at 2 pm
The Three Musketeers?  :think:
I'm more familiar with The Three Muskehounds.

All hail the hook!

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 12:16:48 PM
We gotta be careful we don't disturb the Swiss. They use halfbeards and those things freak me out
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 12:55:04 PM
We gotta be careful we don't disturb the Swiss. They use halfbeards and those things freak me out
Cough the Swiss Guards anyone? Cough Cough

All hail the hook!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 01:44:59 PM
I'm very fond of the Lucerne hammer  :dd:

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 01:56:03 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Give me one of those to play with and I'll probably summarily lobotomise myself...  :ahhh

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: December 08, 2017, 01:59:19 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Give me one of those to play with and I'll probably summarily lobotomise myself...  :ahhh
I'd probably stab my eyes. :facepalm:

All hail the hook!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 02:21:58 PM

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 02:35:00 PM

That's easy to say but to actually do it successfully is a whole different story.

Its like saying:

You are supposed to chop the onions not your hand!

Well, chopping either makes me cry so I got confused!  :ahhh

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 07:44:45 PM
as this teaches us there are many perils in a sword fight

Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%