Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Small Simple Mod to My Surge Sheath 200

Newbie Posts: 16
Small Simple Mod to My Surge Sheath
« on: January 10, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
This might have already been done and posted but I am fairly new around here ...
So for Christmas my wife got me the bit kit and bit extender (she's awesome!). I was having a hard time keeping the bit extender in there. So I took a little thread and need and sewed the bottom of the elastic and put the extender in bit end down. It worked out great and was dead simple.

Leatherman Micra, Leatherman Surge
Sr. Member Posts: 381
Re: Small Simple Mod to My Surge Sheath
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »
This might have already been done and posted but I am fairly new around here ...
So for Christmas my wife got me the bit kit and bit extender (she's awesome!). I was having a hard time keeping the bit extender in there. So I took a little thread and need and sewed the bottom of the elastic and put the extender in bit end down. It worked out great and was dead simple.
Well done, mate, been thinking of upgrading mine for Wave in a pretty similar fashion - since the extender is wobbling in there I thought of partly sewing it in order to make it fit tighter, but your approach is cool too!

Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.
No Life Club Posts: 2,621 Geometry cuts but the steel determines how long.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:48:54 PM »
Thanks.  :salute:  :tu:
Full Member Posts: 249
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:24 AM »

Nice job!     :like:
Hero Member Posts: 692
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 11:10:54 AM »
I wrapped a rubber band around my bit extender and it stays put very well. I like your solution too  :tu:

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $182.13
PayPal Fees: $9.12
Net Balance: $173.01
Below Goal: $101.99
Site Currency: USD
63% 
January Donations

Community Links