Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Jetbeams anyone?

us Offline Splat

Jetbeams anyone?
on: November 07, 2008, 06:22:17 PM
From everything I've read I'm really, really liking the Jetbeam Jet-II Pro w/IBS. I almost picked up a Nitecore but the Jetbeam's 3-modes vs Nitecore's 2-modes(IIRC). Anyone own a Jetbeam here and care to comment on it?
Splat

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Jetbeams anyone?
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:28:10 PM
I own several JetBeams, but they're all twist-switch type, not like the current generation stuff.  The old C-LE v1.2 is a great light.  Have you seen the new stainless steel JetBeam Element?  Very pretty....

The NiteCore SmartPDs are single-mode, adjustable level lights, BTW.
- Terry

us Offline Splat

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:53:39 PM
I own several JetBeams, but they're all twist-switch type, not like the current generation stuff.  The old C-LE v1.2 is a great light.  Have you seen the new stainless steel JetBeam Element?  Very pretty....

The crenulated one? Damn, it's nice but I'm afraid I'll hurt someone.... like me!  ;) :o 

The NiteCore SmartPDs are single-mode, adjustable level lights, BTW.

Oh, OK.  Glad I didn't get one then. 

I just ordered a Jetbeam-II Pro from Bugoutgear. I went for OP because I plan on using it for EDC, which usually encompasses more closer than farther work. Man, I'm stoked! My Fenix LOD Q4 will be going to my sister and her ARC-P will be handed down to her son, my nephew, who seems to dig little bright things too.  :tu:
Splat

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:51:04 PM

Oh, OK.  Glad I didn't get one then. 

Don't dismiss the NiteCore SmartPD until you know how it works.  It has one of the best user interfaces I've had the privilege to use.  You can adjust it to minimum or maximum brightness from any setting with two short clicks, or adjust it to any level in between.

The JetBeam Element doesn't have a crenelated bezel.  Here is a link:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=185814
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:03:34 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 11:47:56 PM
Where does Jetbeam makes them?

The Element looks like a very nice casual wear flashlight. It might make a really good present for a friend of mine who's about to leap into the business world.

us Offline Splat

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 01:12:04 AM
Don't dismiss the NiteCore SmartPD until you know how it works.  It has one of the best user interfaces I've had the privilege to use.  You can adjust it to minimum or maximum brightness from any setting with two short clicks, or adjust it to any level in between.

My eyes are bugging out now after reading about the Nitecore! :o  Yes, it's a nice interface but I think the Jetbeam IBS is better. On the Nitecore you lose your memorized setting if you go to instantaneous max low or high. At least with the Jetbeam you have 3 "slots" to save your preferred brightness modes, which can be set all the same, two the same and one different, etc...  Also the Nitecore comes on at the last mode used. For a tactical use this would be good if you always use the brightest output. The Jetbeam's interface is more practical for my EDC needs.

The JetBeam Element doesn't have a crenelated bezel.  Here is a link:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=185814

I thought you meant the SS crenelated bezel Bugoutgear is offering. :ahhh   Yeah, the Element's nice but I like tactical-looking torches more.
Splat

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 02:11:47 AM
Good point about the memory on the NiteCore.  That's what I mean about it really only being a single level light.  The JetBeam's interface is more like the Novatacs really.  The NiteCore works perfectly for me, but I can see where it may not work out for someone else's uses.

Yeah, that Element looks is a nice "dressy" light, but I'm sure the grip isn't very good.
- Terry

us Offline Splat

Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 02:48:28 AM
Good point about the memory on the NiteCore.  That's what I mean about it really only being a single level light.  The JetBeam's interface is more like the Novatacs really.  The NiteCore works perfectly for me, but I can see where it may not work out for someone else's uses.
Yeah, that Element looks is a nice "dressy" light, but I'm sure the grip isn't very good.

If you don't mind, how/where do you use your Nitecore?

"One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces." -- Nick Mason.

Holy ***t, Terry! That's from my most fave PF album.  MOF, one of my very first bands we played that and it was always a blast to play. Now I gotta crank it!  :cheers:
Splat

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 02:57:10 AM
I use the NiteCore pretty much for all day-to-day (EDC) chores.  It's really quick to set the level, and I love the really low low setting for nighttime use.  I usually keep it set around 30 lumens or so for regular use during the day, but min and max are just a shortcut away.  When nighttime comes I usually set it to the lowest setting and leave it there.

Meddle is an awesome album!  I gotta hand it to you and your first band, "One of These Days" cannot be an easy song to master.  :cheers:

I think I might have to dig out "Live at Pompeii" tonight and make the wife watch it with me.  :D
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD