Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Schrade Australian Defense Force Multitool on ebay $22.45

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Buy It Now price at $22.45

I seem to recall in the back of my brain that some folks here liked these tools for collecting. Box, papers, and everything with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrade-Multi-Tool-Military-pliers-Official-Australian-Defence-Force-Model/192425777774

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Schrade Australian Defense Force Multitool on ebay $22.45
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 02:21:42 PM
Buy It Now price at $22.45

I seem to recall in the back of my brain that some folks here liked these tools for collecting. Box, papers, and everything with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrade-Multi-Tool-Military-pliers-Official-Australian-Defence-Force-Model/192425777774

Definitely for shelf queen usage only (these Taylor-made versions of Schrade MTs are not up to any kind of serious usage in the real world).  But not a bad price if that is what you are into  :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 05:46:25 PM

Made in China for the lowest cost and not to be confused with the original Schrade Tough Tool produced before the company collapsed and the name was sold off. The originals are evidently quite a good tool. This is a "Shanghai Schrade"... :popcorn:
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 10:41:42 PM
The originals aren't even very good.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 12:25:48 AM
The original isn't my favorite tool by far, but it was WAY better than the new ones.  Let's not forget the one that Bob crushed at SHOT a few years ago.   :facepalm:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34807.0.html

I have also gone on record as suggesting that Taylor Brands uses a healthy dose of simian based fecal matter in the construction of their "knives" (and I use that term loosely), and I would like to point out that at no time have they ever even attempted to deny that claim.   :think:

Def
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:27:04 AM by Grant Lamontagne »
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 10:45:24 PM
The original isn't my favorite tool by far, but it was WAY better than the new ones.  Let's not forget the one that Bob crushed at SHOT a few years ago.   :facepalm:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34807.0.html

I have also gone on record as suggesting that Taylor Brands uses a healthy dose of simian based fecal matter in the construction of their "knives" (and I use that term loosely), and I would like to point out that at no time have they ever even attempted to deny that claim.   :think:

Def

Oh man I LOVE it whenever there is a new post about these tools.  Waiting to read Grants responses is like going to bed on Christmas Eve.  I get all tingly with anticipation.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 05:18:49 AM
I'm glad I have a fan out there.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%