Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The EDC Rebar

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
The EDC Rebar
on: May 26, 2020, 08:29:29 AM
The Rebar has a knifeless variant (the EDC) so I have two questions for the hivemind:

What exactly are you trading the knives for if the tool retains the same thickness?

Do they sell the EDC model in the US?

The second question is just because I'm in the UK and our pricing is... punitive. The Rebar on Heinnie is £83 but on amazon.com it's $60... I'd prefer the knifeless version and like to grab from the US to save money wherever I can.
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: The EDC Rebar
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 11:48:58 AM
You lose both blades and gain scissors ::) It is better than nothing I suppose and I understand it is for knife laws but it still has a locking saw and awl, which may still not help you in being able to carry it :facepalm:

I have never really looked for it online but I am sure you can track one down for a better price than 83 pounds :ahhh

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 10:27:45 PM
You lose both blades and gain scissors ::) It is better than nothing I suppose and I understand it is for knife laws but it still has a locking saw and awl, which may still not help you in being able to carry it :facepalm:

I have never really looked for it online but I am sure you can track one down for a better price than 83 pounds :ahhh

I hope i can, my girlfriend bought me a Leatherman belt sheath for my birthday last year, but right now the only one I have that fits it is a Rev!  :ahhh :dunno:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 11:58:52 PM
I like the Rebar Knifeless because my workplaces (several Hospitals in decent to not great neighborhoods) don't allow knife blades but do allow the saw and awl (and when we had a major homeless person problem, my conceal carry).

To that end I keep it in my work bag for the odd minor maintenance where I can't be bothered to place a work order and make two phone calls to get a guy to come by sometime, maybe, in the next 2-7 hours (just gotta love hospital admin BS sometimes.)

And to answer your question, the knifeless version usually costs $10 more than the standard Rebar in the US but with the current sale going on they are both the same price of $60 and are only available in the plain stainless steel color.

-Wes.
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%