Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Found knives

Pacu · 11 · 798

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Found knives
on: June 15, 2018, 09:18:48 PM
Over the years I've found the odd knife here or there. Nothing great. I recently found a Benchmade Griptillian 551 in the road on my way to work. It looks like a car or two may have hit it as it's a little rough. I cleaned it up, sharpened it a bit and set it aside. Here the last couple of weeks I started carrying it in addition to my Charge. This is a great little knife.  :D  The axis lock is smooth and the thing is super sharp. Having never owned a Benchmade this makes me want to explore those higher end knives a bit more.

20180615_140940

20180615_140952

20180615_141004

20180615_140959

:like:    :MTO:

se Offline RF52

Re: Found knives
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 09:28:51 PM
Great find I recently found a Mora that needs some care

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:38:38 PM
Nice find !     :tu:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 01:33:08 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the BM Griptilian is one of my favorite knives, by any manufacturer. I don't think I really need any other knife than a Griptilian. Great find!   :tu:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 01:35:59 AM
I'm considering getting one, and me possibly losing the most expensive knife I'll buy is why one of the custom shop options I've selected on my prospective model will have my name on it so someone might know whose it is.  I'll probably just go used, since those are considerably cheaper than the $120 or so a Mini Griptillan is new. Unfortunately, they look about as bad as this one that was run over.  I've been bitten by the Benchmade bug ever since I saw a friend's automatic model.

I haven't been lucky enough to just find a knife someone lost.  Not even a Chinese SAK clone.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:46:23 AM by cody6268 »

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 05:19:04 AM
Awesome find, Pacu! A little worn? No worries about using it as intended. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 05:28:15 AM
Over the years I've found the odd knife here or there. Nothing great. I recently found a Benchmade Griptillian 551 in the road on my way to work. It looks like a car or two may have hit it as it's a little rough. I cleaned it up, sharpened it a bit and set it aside. Here the last couple of weeks I started carrying it in addition to my Charge. This is a great little knife.  :D  The axis lock is smooth and the thing is super sharp. Having never owned a Benchmade this makes me want to explore those higher end knives a bit more.

20180615_140940

20180615_140952

20180615_141004

20180615_140959

Great find!  Grips are awesome.  For me, even Benchmades higher end stuff would have a hard time beating my mini Grip out for pocket time.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 06:09:07 AM
Nice find.  I haven't found any MTs or knives.  I did pass up on a Mini Grip at the flea market only cause I wasn't sure it was real.  When I went back to take a closer look it was gone.  Kinda wished I would have bartered with him. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 06:21:41 AM
Funny story. Had to show up in the courthouse to complete my small claims. I didn’t want to pay for parking so ended up parking in some neighborhood several blocks away. I got to the courthouse entrance and totally forgot I edc’d things they don’t allow inside. A knife was just one of them.

Their parking lot was surrounded by bushes so instead of walking back to the car and back and potentially missing my appointment I decided to just stash my stuff and knife in a bush. Memorized my spot then went in.

Came out and totally could not find my stuff in the bushes. After several scratches and cussing I finally found my stuff except my knife.

A few minutes later I went Aha! as my hand felt something long and hard. I pulled it out and it was a Made in China spring assisted folder. Too bad it wasn’t mine.  :facepalm:

Lol. Finally found my CS AL. But I took the extra knife home and took it apart for fun.

I’m guessing I wasn’t the only guy with the same problem. I’m sure if I stayed longer I would have found weed and stuff.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 01:39:14 PM
Over the years I've found the odd knife here or there. Nothing great. I recently found a Benchmade Griptillian 551 in the road on my way to work.

Nice find Pacu! :like: :tu: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 04:48:38 PM
very nice! All the knives and tools I've found were cheap, Chinese, crappy or a combination of the three. Finding a BM Grip is awesome!   :ahhh 8)

FYI, if you send it back to BM they will put a new edge on it (lifesharp service) and can change a rusted, broken or snapped blade for a modest fee ($30 I think  :think::cheers:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%