Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LEATHERMAN WAVE $35 at your local LOWES today

King · 17 · 1098

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

00 Offline King

Re: LEATHERMAN WAVE $35 at your local LOWES today
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 04:09:53 PM
In america they dont

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:27:50 PM
Keep in mind, you might have some trouble. The Lowe's website said my store had two. Upon arriving, all I saw was a couple of Wave+, with a different item number than the  last gen Wave shown.  The lady over tools said more likely than not, they were either shoplifted, or someone put them down away from where it's supposed to be.  About 5 or 10 minutes later, she comes to me with one she found several feet away from the area near pliers where the knives and MTs are displayed in my store.

00 Offline King

Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 04:44:53 PM
i saw the wave + , but I just order online for $5 shipping , the wave + you saw was in clear packing, is the regular wave come in a box or still clear packing ?

00 Offline King

Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 06:51:20 PM
[/img]quick update : lowes call me and told me that they only have 1 in stock, because I order 2, one for me and one for my brother graduation, they ask if im still interest and can pick up instead of shipping, i went in and pick it up, she told me that she found 2 box, one of them is empty, some kid cut the box open and steal it  :twak:

my first LM  :multi: :whistle:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 06:52:49 PM by King »

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 06:40:04 AM
Thanks King, unfortunately, what I get from the link is the $35 dollar wave is not available for pickup at my local lowes but I can order it and they will drop it off by truck (from the local Lowes) for a $115 delivery charge.  That kind of cancels out any savings doesn't it?

Checking other Lowes in my area I found only two available for pickup, one for $89 at one location and one for $69 at another location.  The more expensive one is probably the wave plus, and the cheaper one is at a store 30 miles away. :facepalm:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 07:23:46 AM
Congratulations on the Wave, King! Guess that settles your first Leatherman question. :like:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 07:27:45 AM
Stopped by Lowes today to get some spackle and saw a similar deal. Very tempting........  >:D

00 Offline King

Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 10:50:19 AM
Glad to help .

I was having second thought about the wave weight for pocket carry . I took it to work with me and open and close to loose it up . I’m get use to the weight now  :D. One thing I wish the wave is the flies manual . I use to get use to the spring type .

00 Offline King

Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 10:57:51 AM
Thanks King, unfortunately, what I get from the link is the $35 dollar wave is not available for pickup at my local lowes but I can order it and they will drop it off by truck (from the local Lowes) for a $115 delivery charge.  That kind of cancels out any savings doesn't it?

Checking other Lowes in my area I found only two available for pickup, one for $89 at one location and one for $69 at another location.  The more expensive one is probably the wave plus, and the cheaper one is at a store 30 miles away. :facepalm:

Ouch . Only way I think it worth drive out there . Is to order online and pick up at that store. And wait for them to call for ready to pick up . So you know it there so you don’t wasted your trip . Chrismast coming up . It’s great gift for some one special . I would order 2 for worth 40min drive .

00 Offline King

Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 10:58:45 AM
Congratulations on the Wave, King! Guess that settles your first Leatherman question. :like:

Thank you gerleayherberman :drink:

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 02:01:47 PM
Snatched one  ;) It is so weird. The shipping calculated based on shipping from a specific store. I found one at the store near where I work. Creating a myLowes account and using their credit card, I got it under $40 shipped to me, while it is sky high to pick up at the store

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 03:37:24 PM
:hatsoff:
Thank you gerleayherberman :drink:
Snatched one  ;) It is so weird. The shipping calculated based on shipping from a specific store. I found one at the store near where I work. Creating a myLowes account and using their credit card, I got it under $40 shipped to me, while it is sky high to pick up at the store
Congrats to you as well, chrono! :cheers:
That is a phenomenal deal! :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 04:05:04 PM
I had another look and whatever glitch was causing them to only offer me truck shipping for 115 dollars has been corrected.  I now have the option to select standard parcel shipping for only $5.99.  So, my price including shipping and tax would be $44 and some change.  This is a very good deal but I don't need another wave right now.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 01:52:52 AM
 :like:

Just picked up another Wave. Many thanks for the heads up. It was mixed in with the 100 dollar wave pluses. Sorted it out, scanned it. 35 bucks! 

Go get it while you can. It's a fine tool. :multi:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Pacu

Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 03:21:53 AM
Picked up another Wave on clearance
Check this out........notice a difference ??

20180801_200609

Apparently the Wave + is so new to Lowes they put them on clearance not knowing it costs 100 bucks at one of my local stores. Texas has Lowes every 5 miles. I saw they had another one on clearance, hauled ass up to the store. The 35 dollar clearance Waves are item # 239132.  This store stuck the Wave +s in inventory as that. I had to let them know instead of cleaning them out. Just wasn't right even if their inventory is screwy. I told a guy who told a girl who told a manager. The Wave + item number should be 999318.  They let me have the + @ 35.99 for calling out their mistake. He seemed pretty relieved and appreciated my honesty. I guess working in retail those 20 plus years has had an effect on me. ::) ::)
:like:    :MTO:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD