Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

complete collection for sale

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: complete collection for sale
Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 01:28:21 PM
If I had the cash to make you a reasonable offer on it I'd do it.  Unfortunately I don't, and the shipping would be deadly anyway.

You can also try to post it on our group on Facebook- it's a very different bunch of people there.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #31 on: August 29, 2018, 01:59:57 PM
I'll be frank, the display is not that attractive. You will steer potential buyers away for insisting them on buying that thing, no matter how much sweat and soul you put into making it. Same for lesser tools like Micra and Wingman. Your best bet that nobody mentioned is the Juice collection. And for them, eBay is your friend. I do not think you will get decent price on this forum, unless you are willing to ship abroad.

Also, the Mini and Sideclip are not that rare. They used to be produced in millions. I got many of them under 40 bucks each, even new with box. 

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #32 on: August 29, 2018, 08:19:22 PM
Hi Turtle X  :hatsoff: Unless you have an uber rare SAK you are not going to get a great price on MTO, but at least you know they will go to someone who will love them; well that’s what I keep telling myself anyway!! :ahhh
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Offline Turtle X

Reply #33 on: August 31, 2018, 03:26:28 AM
Is it just me, or is the SideClip missing the clip? :think:
And is that Wave scratched up on the handles? And is that wear on the Squirts?

See, those kinds of things, IF they are the case, will greatly affect the value, especially  as a collection.
im not sure if you were being retorical or not . no the sideclip isnt missing the clip to keep the labels all facing when i made the display the clip is at the back , and yes , some of them are used , but all still in (what i would consider) good shape . if anyone wants specific information or pictures of specific ones i would be glad to provide , as long as they are looking to purchase the collection in toto .

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #34 on: August 31, 2018, 10:49:15 PM
No, not being rhetorical. This would not be an appropriate thread for rhetoric, as it is a business oriented thread. It just seemed the sideclip wasn't sitting at an angle, like it would if you sat it clip-side down, on a table. Thanks for clarifying. But, since some of the tools do have wear(like I noted), you would be WAY better off piecing it out.

Read what chrono wrote as well. He is right about the Juices. And the display will definitely not be to everyone's taste, which will further limit potential profit.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

Offline Turtle X

Reply #35 on: September 01, 2018, 06:43:09 PM
No, not being rhetorical. This would not be an appropriate thread for rhetoric, as it is a business oriented thread. It just seemed the sideclip wasn't sitting at an angle, like it would if you sat it clip-side down, on a table. Thanks for clarifying. But, since some of the tools do have wear(like I noted), you would be WAY better off piecing it out.

Read what chrono wrote as well. He is right about the Juices. And the display will definitely not be to everyone's taste, which will further limit potential profit.
i want to thank everyone that has made comments , suggestions and given advice. as to the comment about this being a buisiness orientated forum. i was under the misinterprettion that this was a hobby related forum . for entheusiests , not business opportunities . i had thought that this would be the best venue for those that might be interested in purchasing my collection . i now realize that i was wrong . i will attempt to contact mgt and close the sale. no further comments are necessary.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: September 01, 2018, 08:19:45 PM
This is a tool forum for tool enthusiasts  :tu:  What GLBM was saying was this thread and the Buy and Sell section is meant for sale related comments and not so much to critiche .

People here are trying to be helpful in your sale and if you are stuck on selling it as a collection you should put a price on it and let it run here and see what happens.

If you still want to close the sale let me know and I'll close it for you  :tu:

Offline Turtle X

Reply #37 on: September 02, 2018, 07:42:47 AM
This is a tool forum for tool enthusiasts  :tu:  What GLBM was saying was this thread and the Buy and Sell section is meant for sale related comments and not so much to critiche .

People here are trying to be helpful in your sale and if you are stuck on selling it as a collection you should put a price on it and let it run here and see what happens.

If you still want to close the sale let me know and I'll close it for you  :tu:
okay ill try again . so ...

here it is . 23 multtools
PST
MINI TOOL
SUPERTOOL ( ORIGINAL )
MICRA
PST2
SIDECLIP
WAVE ( ORIGINAL)
CRUNCH
FLAIR
SQUIRT P4
SQUIRT S4
SQUIRT (RADIO SHACK VERSION)
JUICE S2
JUICE C2
JUICE CS4
JUICE KF4
JUICE XE6
JUICE PRO
WAVE (2ND REVISION)
BLAST
FUSE
KICK
CORE
CHARGE
SUPERTOOL 300
STYLE CS
STYLE
WINGMAN
 all in a homemade display case. they are not secured or fastened in the case , they simply slide in and are held by friction . the case would look better and be sturdier with a wooden frame , but it doesnt have one now . . if your not interested in the case you needednt take it . i am NOT looking to break up the set or sell them individually . if you are seriously considering and would like close up pictures of any of them i would be glad to accomidate . just dont expect close ups of all 23 . some of them are used .most are brand new condition  all are in very good or better condition . no bent blades , no rust , not missing blades. i do have the original sheaths that came with most of them ( but i would need to go to storage to get them ) again if you are seriously considering and this is a factor , let me know and i will get them .  the asking price is $750 for the entire collection . requests for individual prices will be flat out ignored. aside from that feel free to ask any questions . thank you .
20180828_133536_Film3_resized.jpg
* 20180828_133536_Film3_resized.jpg (Filesize: 323.79 KB)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #38 on: September 02, 2018, 03:37:25 PM
As requested, this thread is closed.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%