Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Starts Tomorrow!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Starts Tomorrow!
on: September 03, 2018, 07:11:26 PM
Can’t believe it, the little guy starts “high” school tomorrow, not so little anymore :-\ To top it off he actully chose to put his foot down and go to school rather then being homeschooled like he has for the last two years :tu: when he was in middle school he was bullied to the point we had to call the police, and he had to take therapy, his big brother would stand at his bus stop and wait for him to get off the bus! So when I say I’m proud of him I’m really PROUD of him to put his foot down and move forward! His older brothers 4yrs older so unfortunately he won’t be in school but he knew some lower class men who said they will keep an eye on him..
   I just still can’t believe he’s doing it, he’s nervice as all hell but he wants to move forward! He said to us a little while back since we moved, “hey, if anything I can run home, and be back in under 2min!”  :facepalm: Because I can walk out to the sidewalk a litterly see the school, the Mrs can walk it in 7min and that’s walking slow.. Ah man, a new start, heck I’m nervice! :-\
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Starts Tomorrow!
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 07:13:34 PM
Good luck to junior, hope he finds some good friends and have a great time at school

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 07:17:29 PM
Now that is stepping up and being brave.  :tu:

You are quite right in being PROUD, JR! Not many kids would do that. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 07:25:10 PM
I forgot my pic, the other day we were in his room on his little sofa enjoying some sunflower seeds while playing some video games..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 09:44:50 PM
That is a big step! I understand that you are nervous and proud, I salute him for being strong and you parents for giving him the strength!

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 10:11:30 PM
I had a nephew who stayed home and attended an electronic school (on line).  Same as home schooling except it wasn't his parents doing the teaching (his mother is an elementary teacher).  Nice kid, but very introverted.  Not sure that keeping him home was really the best thing in the long run.  I salute your kid for facing the challenge. 
That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
- Steve

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 02:01:32 AM
That is purely awesome  :)

:like:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 09:50:29 AM
good luck to him. great reason to be proud
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 03:24:54 PM
Have a great day.   :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 04:20:23 PM
Good luck to junior, hope he finds some good friends and have a great time at school

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

+1

:salute: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 04:21:54 PM
Very proud of him for moving forward and facing his fears. Just let him know if anyone picks on him to let them know his uncle Spaulding just got out of San Quinten penitentiary and doesn’t take bullying his nephew lightly.  ;)
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 07:34:40 PM
Very proud of him for moving forward and facing his fears. Just let him know if anyone picks on him to let them know his uncle Spaulding just got out of San Quinten penitentiary and doesn’t take bullying his nephew lightly.  ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The Mrs was speaking and I started cracking, she then says are you laughing at me? No no, so I then copied what you wrote and put it on speaker, and then she just lost it.. :rofl: :tu:
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 07:36:47 PM
I got a pic in with my little guy this morning, I guess he’s not so little anymore? He’s only a few inches shorter then me, he’s right there with mom! Forgive me, I’m not awake yet..
JR

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 08:29:18 PM

The Mrs was speaking and I started cracking, she then says are you laughing at me? No no, so I then copied what you wrote and put it on speaker, and then she just lost it.. :rofl: :tu:
JR

Glad you two got a chuckle out of it.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 08:44:04 PM

JR

Lol, but I’ll pass the detailed note on and that uncle Spaulding doesn't take it lightly, he should be home shortly..
JR

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 09:20:56 PM

JR

Lol, but I’ll pass the detailed note on and that uncle Spaulding doesn't take it lightly, he should be home shortly..
JR

Great! Might be a nice ace up his sleeve to defuse a potential situation. Hoping he doesn’t have any problems though.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 10:12:05 PM
Well,
He walked in dragging his knuckles across the floor gasping for air as if he’d ran the two blocks to get home, but that’s not why. It’s only 87° out with a feel temp of only 97° and we’re in a heat advisory, so he was just out of breath from the nasty temp! So we asked how his first day was, how each class was, he said his fav class was robotics not only because it had a/c 8) yet it also had a girl in which he worked with! :whistle: so of course mom and I wanted details, lol.. but he’d had a good day, only trouble he had was his locker, for some reason he kept trying and it didn’t want to open, and of course had to kick it, then he stepped back and noticed it was the wrong one and had to move —> over two :whistle:
Anyway Capt I let him know about uncle and penitentiary, and he said “ok, what’s that?” :facepalm: PRISON, ohhhh :o
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 11:21:04 PM
He crashed!
JR

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 02:15:25 AM
 :D Looks like things are going great

:like: :like:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 02:54:35 AM
robotics ... also had a girl

The smart girls are the dangerous ones.

He's had the talk, right? About how he wants to find a girl who at least as smart as him, and can kick his butt three out five falls, right?

And a robotics lab? Is this is a school for evil geniuses? Evil genius girls who do their own dirty work are amazing. But break their heart, you wake up in a freezer with a chem light to read a note by,giving you very important directions and an explanation why you are on ice.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:08:57 AM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 03:41:44 AM
robotics ... also had a girl

The smart girls are the dangerous ones.

He's had the talk, right? About how he wants to find a girl who at least as smart as him, and can kick his butt three out five falls, right?

And a robotics lab? Is this is a school for evil geniuses? Evil genius girls who do their own dirty work are amazing. But break their heart, you wake up in a freezer with a chem light to read a note by,giving you very important directions and an explanation why you are on ice.
Lol,,
Yes he’s had the talk, some times the smart ones aren’t to smart, the Mrs grad the top 5% of the US back in the day, yet didn’t know what inertia is when taking a turn on a trike :whistle: and ended up on two wheel going in circles in a field..
    As for the school, they have all sorts of classes, I’m sure he didn’t want to take cooking..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 06:50:46 PM
It doesn’t look like this is going to work, his anxiety is through the roof, last night he crashed balling his eyes out, he said walking the hallways is a nightmare, he’s already started texting today asking if he can come home.. I think we’re going to have to put him back to homeschooling.. :-\
JR

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 08:03:38 PM
If he bites through for about 14 days, I think he'll do just fine...

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 02:01:50 AM
I hope all goes well :-\ :salute:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 02:06:21 AM
I'm going to second the motion that he should stick it out a few days, rather than just quit. If for no other reason that the real world is real and it's big and it's full of people and I don't like most of them either but I survived. If he has a crowd aggravated anxiety disorder, I get it, I really, really do. I don't do crowds. I just don't. It's why I don't fly- lack of viable exits. Putting me on a plane is an guaranteed anxiety attack. But he's got to learn to manage being in the world, he can't spend his life hiding from the other 7-point-something billion self propelled bags of water and protein- can he? First day was easy, he talked to a girl, made the day good. Second day was harder, it wasn't all new, he'd learned where the bathroom is, what more do you need to make it through the day, right?

I'd also point out that if he asked the cute smart girl in the robotics lab if evil geniuses feel that hiding is a successful strategy for propagating ones genetic potential, she'll say no.

Or slap him.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: September 07, 2018, 03:54:31 AM
I'm going to second the motion that he should stick it out a few days, rather than just quit. If for no other reason that the real world is real and it's big and it's full of people and I don't like most of them either but I survived. If he has a crowd aggravated anxiety disorder, I get it, I really, really do. I don't do crowds. I just don't. It's why I don't fly- lack of viable exits. Putting me on a plane is an guaranteed anxiety attack. But he's got to learn to manage being in the world, he can't spend his life hiding from the other 7-point-something billion self propelled bags of water and protein- can he? First day was easy, he talked to a girl, made the day good. Second day was harder, it wasn't all new, he'd learned where the bathroom is, what more do you need to make it through the day, right?

I'd also point out that if he asked the cute smart girl in the robotics lab if evil geniuses feel that hiding is a successful strategy for propagating ones genetic potential, she'll say no.

Or slap him.
All day he text not his mother but his brothers gf, Grant it he did text mom and did ask if he could come home. A couple of the classes he likes, one he’s guaranteed a pass cause he’s teamed up with a senior and you know they don’t want to fail cause it’s his last year. Anyway, we spoke with him and he seems as if he wants to keep moving forward. A while back he was on a Rx for his problem and it was horrible, not only does he have problem taking anything but he just didn’t eat, we were all over him to just eat something and he lost soo much weight. His mother has something similar, she gets into a crowded place as she’ll start getting nuts, Black Friday, forget it! She’ll just knock someone out! So we’ll see,,
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: September 07, 2018, 06:28:42 AM
Lots of approaches to anxiety.  We're seeing more and more kids who have such attacks.  He's a young man who has got a long life ahead of him.  Rx is fine as are the multitude of other measures to help.  IIIRC it was bullying that had him at home.  Hows that this year?  I know one of the methods to help with anxiety is putting ones self in such situations so that you can put into practice coping mechanisms. 

I've read some wonderful papers on this topic.  Getting our kids to not avoid situations.  We are not trying to eliminate anxiety, we're trying to manage it.  Respect their feeling but don't empower them. 

This is a great opportunity to put into work any and all method he's been taught to mange his anxiety.  He's gonna be fine.  IIRC momma was pretty broken up when he went on the bus a while back.  Moms natural instinct is to protect.  I do mean this with all due respect, moms not gonna be around his whole life.  He'll eventually, for his own sake, have to learn to manage it. 

It'll take time to learn what works and what doesn't.  Each circumstance will be different.  One technique may work in a certain moment and not at all in the same one a few moments later. 

We're routing for him and for you both to help him work thru this.   :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 07:15:44 AM
Thanks, we want to get him on a inschool program kinda like special education but he keeps saying no, so that there should mean something.. I was in nothing but spec ed though out elementary and middle school, not because of anxiety but because of the rx’s I was on for my medical, but when I hit HS I said I don’t care if I pass with straight “D”s but so long as I do it myself without any special help! And I did, even got an award that a SR was to receive yet I was only a JR!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: September 07, 2018, 04:10:51 PM
Y'all know whats best.  He might protest like my little one did.  She protested IMO just to protest ;).  We continued to guide her/encourage her when she was hesitant.  New experiences for her was something she was shy to do.  Once she got going she was  :woohoo:.  At 19 she says, "You guys should have pushed me harder"  :facepalm: 

He's been home for a while so home is comfortable/familiar.  There are lots of great kids at school.  Unfortunate we tend to hear of the bad apples.  He'll find some good people that can and will be a source of positive energy for him.

Adele is well known for her anxiety.  She's learned what works for her.  Royce White former NBA player.  LeAnn Rimes.  To name a few.  He's not alone nor should he feel any less because of his anxiety.  He CAN learn to manage this and the earlier the better.  You got this Ardboy! 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #29 on: September 07, 2018, 09:03:51 PM
We got a call from the school today, the guy who makes the programs is very sick so he won’t be in but he spoke with someone else in the school, because he knows him from elementary school, we sat down with him and all his teachers for a good hr to go over everything back on the day, but he knows he doesn’t want to go into any programs so their going to speak with the teachers and kinda bend the rules a little, but not to the point where it’s really noticeable especially to where any other kid sees it.
  Oh get this, I slipped him a few bucks on his first day, of course saying spend it wisely, yesterday he comes home and asked me if we had any book covers, his one teacher said that the one book needed to be covered ASAP, unfortunately we didn’t and didn’t have any paper bags, even though he wouldn’t want the paper. I always loved the paper bags cause you could write all over them, of course that all there was back then! Anyway, I told him the next time we go to the store I’ll get him a few to put in his school supply’s tote, yet mom gets a text that his one other teacher sells covers and he bought one, a whopping $2 but he put out his own cash in order to take care of the issue, so that kinda means he wants to handle the problem and not just throw down, needless to say there’s $2 sitting on the dresser for him, speaking of I just heard the front door..
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%