Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Stainless Gerber EOD

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Stainless Gerber EOD
on: September 05, 2018, 04:43:57 AM
Ok so first off I hope its OK for me to link to a sale on another forum.  If this is against the rules I hope the mods close this thread.  I don't know the seller and am only posting this because I think it might be of interest to someone on MTO.

Over on BF a member is selling 4 Gerber MP600 EODs.  The thing that caught my eye is that one of them is NOT black.  I don't think I've ever seen an EOD multitool that wasnt BO but I'm no expert.  Hopefully not a knock off?  Here's the link if someone is interested in taking a peek....
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wts-gerber-eod-tools.1608396/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:46:07 AM by clown »

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Stainless Gerber EOD
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 05:01:27 AM
If I was a betting man I'd put money on the SS one being a fake (notice the different knife blade and no saw exchanger tool).

I've bought a couple of the fake SS EOD MP600s, but they are pretty rare these days.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 05:09:52 AM
If I was a betting man I'd put money on the SS one being a fake (notice the different knife blade and no saw exchanger tool).

I've bought a couple of the fake SS EOD MP600s, but they are pretty rare these days.

I wondered about that, plus the lack of a standard Gerber sheath.  Did Gerber ever make an SS EOD model? Didn't know if it was maybe just an older model.  Buyer beware I suppose.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 11:36:20 AM
 Yeah. I would call that a fake as well. Its not that common but is readily available on some Chinese website.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 12:04:27 PM

Did Gerber ever make an SS EOD model? .

I've never seen genuine Gerber one.  That doesn't mean Gerber didn't, but if they did it is extremely rare.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 12:05:49 PM
Yeah. I would call that a fake as well. Its not that common but is readily available on some Chinese website.

Could you please PM me a link ?  I wouldn't mind adding a couple of SS EOD (DET) MP600 MTs to my collection of odd-ball knock-offs.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 06:57:43 AM

Could you please PM me a link ?  I wouldn't mind adding a couple of SS EOD (DET) MP600 MTs to my collection of odd-ball knock-offs.

I try to find the link. Its available on AliExpress.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 10:00:20 AM

Here.

http://s.aliexpress.com/eUvqQzYj?fromSns=Gmail

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 01:06:43 PM

Here.

Thanks Sam.  That is one of the crappiest ordering systems I've ever used, but I think (hope ? ) I got there in the end.  I guess I'll find out eventually ;)

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 03:29:35 PM

Here.

Thanks Sam.  That is one of the crappiest ordering systems I've ever used, but I think (hope ? ) I got there in the end.  I guess I'll find out eventually ;)

Lol. Maybe by area.. Here there's a app for that. I have an account on it and I can buy something off there in 10 secs... And, that's dangerous......

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%