Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Warranty Questions in the US

us Offline Zhenchok

Victorinox Warranty Questions in the US
on: September 12, 2018, 03:29:04 PM
I have about 5 Victorinox knives that need various repairs. The damage is anything from a chipped tip on a blade, a can opener that won’t open without hard force, a blade that has been used to the point of it being almost gone, etc. All have some kind of a damage to the knife and maybe a crack or chip in the scale etc.  I think 3 out of the 5 are the older knives with the corkscrew that has the line going through it, one is a compact (my favorite one).  In the past when I considered sending a knife to the Warranty department in Connecticut, it seemed like it would be too much work and I would get stuck with more charges to repair.  I let them sit and wait in my desk, I also think they requested a $5 bill in the package for every knife. 

I do not have any sentimental value and don't mind if they fix them or send me a new knife.  What I'm concerned with is being stuck with a repair cost or not getting my knives back at all.  I was hoping I can all 5 at the same time and get them repaired or replaced.  Is it better to send 1 or 2 of my favorite ones?   Please let me know what you recommend, especially looking to hear about a recent warranty experiences. In all honesty I want to do it as cheap as possible, I have alternatives that I can use, these are just would be nice to fix or replace.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:23:44 PM by Zhenchok »
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

us Offline Zhenchok

Re: Victorinox Warranty Questions in the US
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:21:15 AM
Tough crowd :) I just want to fix my knives but I don't want it to cost more than a new knife.
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 04:25:21 AM
I have no ideal what the cost is ... maybe a phone call???

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:22:01 AM
I believe they will charge you $5 per knife if the damage is not found to be covered under the warranty. And I'must pretty sure the maximum number of knives you can send at one time is 5
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:23:17 AM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 05:03:45 PM
Victorinox have never replaced a tool for me, they always repair, their service is slow and nothing outstanding but they have never charged me a dime!
I have only sent Swisstools for repair, last time they even sharpen my blade on a serrated Spirit!
Enjoy!

us Offline mashguy4077

Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 06:53:28 PM
What is the turn around time usually? I sent my 98 style Swisstool In for repair about a week ago.

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 07:40:14 PM
My swisstool took a month to get back to me...
Enjoy!

us Offline Zhenchok

Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 03:50:13 PM
Victorinox have never replaced a tool for me, they always repair, their service is slow and nothing outstanding but they have never charged me a dime!
I have only sent Swisstools for repair, last time they even sharpen my blade on a serrated Spirit!

Thanks if I have 5 should I send them all in? Or do you recommend a few?  Did you include anything money? Or just shipped the tool as is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 05:08:18 PM
I used this form to contact them and they reply by email, they sent me the address and instructions to send my tool and that's all I did.
https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Swiss-Army-Knives-Product-Support/cms/service-swiss-army-knife
The e-mail that they sent me said that if a payment was needed it will be thru their website with credit card.
They fix the scissors on my Swisstool and sent me back my tool, free of charge.
I used Fedex because is close to my office and did not have a problem.

I did a tool at a time, did not want to stay without a tool in my hands.

Good luck.
Enjoy!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32