Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Still kicking

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Still kicking
Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 05:25:42 AM
Glad to hear your back up and running :tu:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #31 on: September 24, 2018, 12:48:43 PM
Sorry to hear about you guys being hit with that kind of weather. Glad to know awl of you are safe. Hope you can back to "normal" soon.

:salute: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: September 24, 2018, 01:08:45 PM
My household internet connection was back up and running when I got up this morning, so that pretty well solves the issues I had been having.  Unfortunately it appears that our fridge and freezers may have to be emptied, so there's a bit of a loss that I am not looking forward to.  And the cleaning....  :facepalm:

I have a lot of cleaning up to do, from putting the generator, flashlights, extension cords etc away, the camp chairs, the cat box that got ignored in the dark, got to re-organize all of the charging cables and things that got pulled from everywhere and I have to clean out the cooler after hauling food for other people.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: September 24, 2018, 02:33:40 PM
The clearing up is always the biggest job  :ahhh
But at least you have the stuff for a emergency  :tu: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #34 on: September 24, 2018, 05:38:35 PM
It's not just the cleaning up... I have several days worth of vacuuming, laundry and other mundane things to catch up on too.  Not as exciting, but needs to be done along with emptying the fridge and freezers and putting away various tools and gear.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 10:23:38 PM
Hope you can get back to normal life as soon as possible.

I once turned of my fridge by error before I went to Italy and when I came back a week later... The fridge had a life of its own.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 11:40:22 PM
Hope you can get back to normal life as soon as possible.

I once turned of my fridge by error before I went to Italy and when I came back a week later... The fridge had a life of its own.
Ewwww..... I hope the carrots wern't sentient yet.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 07:27:11 PM
No. Not sentient. But somewhere between life and death. Like a zombie.

Fortunately the garbage chute was still hungry so... Feeding time!

:popcorn: :popcorn:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 29, 2018, 08:32:33 AM
After Hurricane Irma in September '17 I was without power for 4 days before a crew finally made it to my neighborhood and spliced a downed line to restore our power.  My neighbors and I were elated... for about 6 hours. Then the line came apart again because the splice hadn't held.  We were without power again for another 2 days.   The thing about a hurricane is that after it passes you have no breeze and it is just miserably hot and humid for days afterwards.  Air conditioning is a necessity down here.  I run my generator in my fenced front yard with an extension cord running to the fence line with an outlet strip and a small table so my neighbors can charge their devices as well.  Good for you Grant for helping out that way.  I know from my own experience from before I had a generator that it means a lot.

Pro Tip:  Before a storm or before you go on vacation put some water in a clear jar in your freezer and let it freeze solid, then put a coin on top of the ice.  After the storm or when you return from vacation you can tell if your power had been out if the coin has sunk into or is at the bottom of the ice.  If the coin is in the middle of the ice the power was only out for a few hours and your frozen foods are still safe to eat, but if the coin is at the bottom of the ice the power was out for much longer and then restored and you need to throw everything away. If the jar is full of water the power is obviously still out and you can't tell how long it has been out so you should throw everything away then as well.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%