Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Getting a Nite Ize Clip back off

us Online zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Getting a Nite Ize Clip back off
on: September 24, 2018, 12:25:46 AM
Decided to remove the Nite Ize Hip Clip that has been on my Pioneer X for over a year.   Plan to try changing the color by using nail polish.

This was the second time this clip was used. Originally it was on my Gen 1 Wave. Then I used some 3M VBT adhesive tape to stick it on my PX.

It was hard to pull off!!  It took a butter knife and my OHT to remove it. But it came off clean. Leaving nothing behind on the Vic.

Now I will source the proper nail polish and clean the tape and adhesive from the clip, readying it for its next use!

So you can see they can easily be removed and reused. Not harming the previous Wave nor the SAK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Getting a Nite Ize Clip back off
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 12:31:49 AM
Excellent, nicely done.   :tu:

us Online zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 12:34:44 AM
Excellent, nicely done.   :tu:

Thanks. Here it is all cleaned up. Quickly hit with some alcohol them hot water n soap.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 02:03:34 AM
Wow nice, I’ve been wondering how that 3m tape would come off, I have two and the one I’ve been thinking about taking off but just not sure..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 02:08:13 AM
Thanks for posting this! I have been thinking about taking the Nite Ize clip off of my blue PX, but haven't yet. That clip just has so little pocket retention, I really do prefer a suspension clip.

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 02:58:59 AM
Thanks for posting this! I have been thinking about taking the Nite Ize clip off of my blue PX, but haven't yet. That clip just has so little pocket retention, I really do prefer a suspension clip.
I had one on a Spirit X, removed it when I sold it... it also took a good bit of effort to remove but I was able to retain it and was able to clean the little adhesive that was left on the Vic with a little bit of elbow grease; nothing too difficult.
I currently still rock one on my rebar... I agree with you on the pocket retention... they’re so loose they just don’t have the hold of a Wave clip; I wish LM would do something about that. Luckily the rebar is heavy enough to keep it stationary in the pocket with clip... but on something smaller like a Vic pioneer etc, I can see it not having near the retention strength.

us Online zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 05:20:11 AM
I never had a problem with my Wave, Pioneer X or my blue Pioneer.  Stayed in my pocket just fine.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD