Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Nylon Leatherman Sheath.... Disappointed! 1315

No Life Club Posts: 4,429
Re: New Nylon Leatherman Sheath.... Disappointed!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »
There's already the black sticker with the "made in China" and the LTG part number on the inside, but when the put the wrong sticker in the sheath ...  ::)

Um yes. One can see why the packers could get confused. :think:
Vic solved this problem long ago with different colours of trim (see Swisstool vs Spirit nylon sheaths). Maybe a tip for LM? It could be as simple as a reversed colour scheme on the sewed-on logo...

The sheaths look very alike, and the only difference is about 1 or 1.5 cm in length, but still, this shouldn't be a problem for the packers (if they know what they're doing, at least).  Leather sheaths (or stiffer Nylon, like the Nylon Vic sheaths) are easier to tell the difference in size.  With the "new" nylon Leatherman sheaths it's harder since you can change the shape of them a bit.  I mean, when I place my medium sized sheath on my workdesk, and I apply some pressure on it the sheath flattens and seem to become a bit longer.  That might be enough to mix them up.

With the previous Nylon sheaths from Leatherman , you could tell the difference since the large sized sheath had a cut-out on the top so you could put a bigger (longer) flashlight in the side pocket, and the medium sheath did not have this, else, they would've had the same problem I guess.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $127.00
PayPal Fees: $8.47
Net Balance: $118.53
Below Goal: $181.47
Site Currency: USD
40%