Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

So as I left the house yesterday........

Aloha · 26 · 1006

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
So as I left the house yesterday........
on: December 03, 2018, 09:58:09 PM
I have a pretty stable set of things I like to carry.  Wallet is a must, house keys not always needed if I don't drive, phones a must, lip balm I always carry, I have been very consistent with my bandana/kerchief, pepper spray, and Squirt/SAK. 

There are times when I do want to bring a few extra items.  I just don't want to carry them.  I am not a bag carrying guy. 
I have a small leather belt pouch that I brought.  I added sanitizer, 1st aid, pen, plus I also added snack bar, and small light. 

It got me thinking today as I prepared to leave about this video ( foul/bad/adult language )  please view at your own discretion. 

Show content
Esse Quam Videri

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: So as I left the house yesterday........
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 10:03:50 PM
Is that like the EDC theme song

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:13:39 PM
Can relate to must things…
Don't want to judge or anything, just seriously interested.
Pepper spray… Why?

In The Netherlands you can get arrested for that.
Although I carried it mostly every day. Oh wait… Cops ARE allowed. :rofl:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 10:19:07 PM

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:21:06 PM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:24:18 PM
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 10:35:25 PM
 :rofl:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 10:55:25 PM

Pepper spray… Why?

Lighter and easier to carry than a tomahawk. And tomahawks are awkward when trying to sit down in a restaurant that has those wrap-around chairs.

...although, if you are eating a particularly tough steak, the 'hawk might be more useful!   :rofl:

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 10:56:12 PM
But the spray might spice up the steak…

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 11:22:37 PM
Oh, I carry Tabasco as part of my EDC. 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 11:41:49 PM
That is awesome.    :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 11:55:54 PM
Pepper spray… Why?

Because I've only got 2 hands and slapping the poo outta the vast amount of many idiots is time consuming :rofl:.

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 04:04:25 AM
Pepper spray… Why?

Because I've only got 2 hands and slapping the poo outta the vast amount of many idiots is time consuming :rofl:.

Time consuming, but oh so very satisfying. :megaslap:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 07:38:50 PM
Phone, Wallet, KeySMART!  Phone, Wallet, KeySMART!  Now when I leave my house I take my Phone. Wallet, KeySMART.........  Manager, Pill fob, Bandana, Wenger Cyclist, Pepper Spray, and likely some other Stuff

IMG_7330.jpg
* IMG_7330.jpg (Filesize: 197.39 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 12:35:19 AM

:facepalm:

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 03:11:45 PM
Pepper spray… Why?

Are you really asking?

If you're a cop then you must know that human behavior is not the best at times, and crime does occur. The average citizen going about his daily business has the right to protect himself from those who would rob, assault or otherwise do harm in the commission of a crime. Criminals are criminals and people have to defend themselves. Part of my EDC is the small pistol that goes onto the right hand pocket of whatever pants I'm wearing that day. Three times in the past that little gun has convinced some criminal to go elsewhere than around me. Human beings have the right of self protection, no matter if its pepper spray, knife, or gun. Everyone has the right to go about their day unmolested. They need to carry something to back up that right.

Maybe I'm mis reading your post, but it comes off a little obnoxious, like "yeah pepper spray is illegal here, but I'm a cop so I get to carry it." 

So what does a five foot four woman do to protect herself from a six foot three rapist, or a five foot nine senior citizen from a young strong 6 foot two 20 year old punk thats going to rob him, in your country?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:48:22 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 03:49:29 PM
I wouldn't mind carrying a pepper spry to communicate to dogs in no uncertain terms that I do not approve of being chewed on...  :facepalm:
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #17 on: June 05, 2019, 03:52:16 PM
I wouldn't mind carrying a pepper spry to communicate to dogs in no uncertain terms that I do not approve of being chewed on...  :facepalm:
Skunk spray is sounding better and better, if it means that you don't get bit. :ahhh
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: June 05, 2019, 04:32:42 PM
Are you really asking?

If you're a cop then you must know that human behavior is not the best at times, and crime does occur. The average citizen going about his daily business has the right to protect himself from those who would rob, assault or otherwise do harm in the commission of a crime. Criminals are criminals and people have to defend themselves. Part of my EDC is the small pistol that goes onto the right hand pocket of whatever pants I'm wearing that day. Three times in the past that little gun has convinced some criminal to go elsewhere than around me. Human beings have the right of self protection, no matter if its pepper spray, knife, or gun. Everyone has the right to go about their day unmolested. They need to carry something to back up that right.

Maybe I'm mis reading your post, but it comes off a little obnoxious, like "yeah pepper spray is illegal here, but I'm a cop so I get to carry it." 

So what does a five foot four woman do to protect herself from a six foot three rapist, or a five foot nine senior citizen from a young strong 6 foot two 20 year old punk thats going to rob him, in your country?

This isn't the time or place to discuss that.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: June 05, 2019, 04:54:50 PM
 :iagree:  I didn't answer because it never goes well.  There is no one way to live folks.  Choose whats best for you and others will do the same.             
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 07:03:51 AM
This isn't the time or place to discuss that.

CBL...Serena...I love reading both your stuff..

Zoid, I respect your athoritah, however, if I may be permitted?

We are all friends here sharing a passion for certain tools. But dont forget, we do come from different and interesting places. Times like this could be used to help better understand each other and those different forms of government from our respective countries. I dont feel like any of us deliberately attacks another on this forum, so I feel like Serena's surprise was just genuine.

Serena DID ask. That's what prompted CBLs response, whatever one thinks of it. And she wasn't sanctioned for thinking it was odd. I hope I wont be sanctioned for trying to apply an answer that might help her understand, while remaining neutral.

Serena - taking your question at face value: a more succinct answer to your question is simply that our US Constitution provides for the citizenry to be able to carry firearms. An arguement rages on as to the detailed meaning, however, our founding fathers made it the second most important point after freedom of speech and religion. Some of us choose to carry a firearm, while others do not.

Some choose to carry something non-lethal that could still help get them out of a bad situation or keep a dog or wild animal away from them. We ultimately formed our culture in such a way that the individual would have the rights to do anything they needed to remain un-oppressed by government or neighbor, or to be able to provide and protect for themselves in every way. Especially out west where for a century or more there was lawlessness.

CBL - life-long gun owner here.. my VietNam vet father taught me to shoot when I was 3 years old. I'll be 50 soon. While I share the crux of your response, we have to remember...those in Europe, especially younger generations in Europe, I am guessing have very little interaction with firearms or ammunition (as pepper spray is legally categorized here on Massachusetts) From everything I've heard and read, it is so far removed from their day to day culture unless one is military or police, so as to seem absurd that the average person might carry something like that. We need only see some of the knife laws to realize how strictly firearms, ammo, and chemical agents are controlled across Europe

Sorry if I've overstepped. Hope this helps mend a fence.

You both seem like nice people. I'd feel bad if two of my friends didnt like each other.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 07:19:38 AM

Lister,

I was attacked by a loose pitbull a couple of weeks ago as I was walking Scout the ThundahBeagle on-leash! I saw him fast approaching from my right and turned just as he pounced on me. I did not fall, but Scout immediately went after this pit bull, which was easily twice Scout's weight.

Really it was all I could do to keep the two dogs away from each other at that point. Scout was in a harness so I raised him with the leash and tucked him under my left arm like an American football or a Rugby ball. But Scout kept up a thunderous defence nonetheless. This while i was kneeing, kicking, punching and shouting at the other dog.

There were visions in my head that the two dogs would rip me to shreds and then piss on me, walking away as friends while the birds ate what was left of me

It was so bad, I pulled my Spyderco out and began a backward- walking retreat. I didnt want to hurt this dog but I didnt want him to hurt Scout or me. And the pit actually had not bit me as yet...As I retreated along the wall of a building, some people opened the door and got me and Scout inside the vestibule, thank God!

Would it ave gone better if I had pepper spray? But then again it was very windy that day...

Anyway, that's all I got. I circled back a couple hours later to tell the pit bull owner he almost buried his dog and to make sure his gate is closed and locked from now on

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 11:00:22 AM
Zoid, I respect your athoritah, however, if I may be permitted?

We are all friends here sharing a passion for certain tools. But dont forget, we do come from different and interesting places. Times like this could be used to help better understand each other and those different forms of government from our respective countries. I dont feel like any of us deliberately attacks another on this forum, so I feel like Serena's surprise was just genuine.

Serena DID ask. That's what prompted CBLs response, whatever one thinks of it. And she wasn't sanctioned for thinking it was odd. I hope I wont be sanctioned for trying to apply an answer that might help her understand, while remaining neutral.

Replies are appreciated.
Thank you.

Unfortunately the good that could often turns negative and divides members.
Yes Serena asked, and she was answered. That was six months ago.
Bringing it up again and in the way that it was, simply isn't constructive for this forum.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 12:41:38 PM
Beg your pardon, sir, however, CBL's answer was posted I believe less than a calendar week ago and seemed a bit on the harsh side IF Serena's question were to be taken at face value. After all, she may be from a place where a legally armed populace doesnt exist or only barely so.

This is a discussion forum, so I thought Serena could use a more constructive answer, and from someone who would know, rather than someone who had no experience about firearms ownership trying to chime in. I had a hunch CBL - clearly an owner - may have taken offense where he needn't have.

Sorry

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: June 11, 2019, 01:00:41 PM
Beg your pardon, sir, however, CBL's answer was posted I believe less than a calendar week ago and seemed a bit on the harsh side IF Serena's question were to be taken at face value. After all, she may be from a place where a legally armed populace doesnt exist or only barely so.

This is a discussion forum, so I thought Serena could use a more constructive answer, and from someone who would know, rather than someone who had no experience about firearms ownership trying to chime in. I had a hunch CBL - clearly an owner - may have taken offense where he needn't have.

Sorry

No, others had already answered the question.
Aloha bumped this thread to note his carrying a keysmart, something that Serena also carries.
It wasn't an invitation for Carl, six months later, to ask a female member how a women should protect herself from a rapist.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 01:07:11 PM
Agreed and understood. Thought it was a little harsh as well. That's why I thought I'd sort of give Serena a reasonable, level headed take on why someone might have such a thing here in the US.

No harm intended.

As requested,  I'm over and out on this, Zoid. Cheers mate

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69