Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Rebar - Pliers upgrade / replacement alternatives questions

MMR · 5 · 1097

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Okay, so I have been EDC'ing my Rebar for around 6 months now......and I must say that I hate the pliers in it.

First of all, they get stiff EVERY TIME I squeeze hard on anything, even when I try to cut something with them...same thing....I thought this would go away after a while and I have asked about this on the forum before and it seems to be a thing on both the rebar but also the wave, and most say that it goes away after a while, one guy tried grinding paste and said it went away after that.

Anyway, I think I have been patient enough at this point, and it's just not going away on mine.

Secondly, I hate the flat tip of the pliers, I would like them to proper "needle nosed".

These have never been a problem on my kick or my charge, it's only on my rebar that I have had these issues.

So! ...I want to find do somehing about them.

I have been toying with the idea of  swapping them out with a pair of pliers from a LM Wingman / Sidekick.
- To get the needle nose pliers
- To get a pair of spring loaded pliers

What do you guys think of that idea? ...Go / no go?

Any other ideas for alternatives?

Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
No go.. The locking profile is entirely different. Not to mention the the pivot size also. I strongly suggest you send it back for warranty if possible. In my opinion, you shouldn't be fixing something that wasn't started by you. Tell LM the problem and ask for a replacement. Rebar is a excellent tool, but out of the many thousand they produce, there will definitely be some lemons around...

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
 :iagree:

You could always grind the tip to a finer point or replace with a plier head off of Wave ,Blast ,Fuse, or Kick .

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club

You could always grind the tip to a finer point or replace with a plier head off of Wave ,Blast ,Fuse, or Kick .

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
No go.. The locking profile is entirely different. Not to mention the the pivot size also. I strongly suggest you send it back for warranty if possible. In my opinion, you shouldn't be fixing something that wasn't started by you. Tell LM the problem and ask for a replacement. Rebar is a excellent tool, but out of the many thousand they produce, there will definitely be some lemons around...

Thanks for the replies lads

And thanks for the info about the pivots being different on a sidekick/wingman.

Since my Rebar is already heavily modded, I don’t think LM will touch it, I think the most feasible thing to do, will be to ask Loki what he charges for a replacement set of pliers, both a new pair for a Rebar but also one from a Wave ,Blast ,Fuse, or Kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00