Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New SOG Stuff

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
New SOG Stuff
on: February 04, 2019, 04:18:32 PM
Looks like SOG has launched airline friendly versions of the Sync I and II, as well as a new scissor based multitool.  :D

I haven't flown in years, so I'm not too excited about the new Sync models (plus we all know what I think of "airline friendly tools") but I am excited to see the Snippet when it comes out.

Def
* SOG Snippet Jan2019.pdf (Filesize: 270.18 KB)
* SOG Sync I Traveler Jan2019.pdf (Filesize: 354.77 KB)
* SOG Sync II Traveler Jan2019.pdf (Filesize: 364.28 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: New SOG Stuff
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 09:46:46 PM
Snippet sure looks interesting Grant. Thanks for this update.  :like:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 10:00:47 PM
The Traveller Syncs could make for good sellers in areas where the regular models could be classed as hidden or covert knives. I think belt buckle knife is actually a specifically restricted item in UK law if I remember correctly.

And the Snippet is... a Crosscut with wings? Are they taking their inspiration from panty liner adverts now?

Presumably those cuticle tormentors are to take the place of the spring...? Maybe the real reason they're there is to stop you getting a full hand grip, and only use a couple of fingers, so you can't overload the scissors and sprain them.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 10:12:46 PM
The Sync 2 looks interesting,but $55 will be what in the UK?

Think Al nailed the snippet!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 01:39:34 AM
I saw nothing that needed to be improved in either of the two Crosscuts; other than maybe ditching the toothpicks for something else.   The Snippet--took a decent tool and managed to make it worse (I thought the whole point of a new model was making something better than its predecessor) by turning it into gimmicky nonsense--especially the "finger loops"--wonder what could have been attached in its place?

I really like the Sync Travellers!  That way, if left on my belt, I don't have to worry about the blade. Been considering something to replace my old coal mining buckles; and the Sync does double duty.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 06:16:16 AM

Hopefully it'll be similar in cost to the original Sync II.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SN1011CP-SOG-Sync-II-Detachable-Multi-Tool-with-Belt-Buckle-12-Tools-5-8/153293766129?epid=13016917583&hash=item23b1053df1:g:gDoAAOSwwkRcCiAT
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 07:23:39 AM

Hopefully it'll be similar in cost to the original Sync II.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SN1011CP-SOG-Sync-II-Detachable-Multi-Tool-with-Belt-Buckle-12-Tools-5-8/153293766129?epid=13016917583&hash=item23b1053df1:g:gDoAAOSwwkRcCiAT

Nice thought...sadly that's a US seller. I guess we'll see I  due course
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 07:49:17 AM
I was guessing the tool price would be the same or close(hopefully). I do know your postage would be £10 or more.  :ahhh

The Sync series, in my opinion, is real gem in the niche multi tool realm, that is often underappreciated. SOG's Baton series are brilliant as well(though QC issues have tarnished the line a bit). :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 09:21:02 AM
I was guessing the tool price would be the same or close(hopefully). I do know your postage would be £10 or more.  :ahhh

The Sync series, in my opinion, is real gem in the niche multi tool realm, that is often underappreciated. SOG's Baton series are brilliant as well(though QC issues have tarnished the line a bit). :)

The problem pricewise tends to be an item in the US that costs $100 costs us £100 if not more.

When I started buying multis ,Swisstools were very expensive compared to LMS or Gerber...they're now bargains!

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 01:05:12 PM
I saw nothing that needed to be improved in either of the two Crosscuts; other than maybe ditching the toothpicks for something else.   The Snippet--took a decent tool and managed to make it worse (I thought the whole point of a new model was making something better than its predecessor) by turning it into gimmicky nonsense--especially the "finger loops"--wonder what could have been attached in its place?

I really like the Sync Travellers!  That way, if left on my belt, I don't have to worry about the blade. Been considering something to replace my old coal mining buckles; and the Sync does double duty.

I am with you on the snippet. Though I do not quite like the crosscut alot because of the large but relatively weak scissors, I do think they messed up more on the new one. All they need to do is design a better scissors with better leverage with better cutting power.. Like the one found on the craftmans branded scissors based multitool. Those are excellent scissors.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 01:14:38 PM
I'd rather have a full-size multi-tool with compound leverage scissors.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 03:33:41 PM
The problem pricewise tends to be an item in the US that costs $100 costs us £100 if not more.

When I started buying multis ,Swisstools were very expensive compared to LMS or Gerber...they're now bargains!
Sorry to learn that it is worse than I had hoped for. :facepalm:

We need to let the boss know to place a pre-order for MT.o stamped Sync IIs, since he always sells them for reasonable prices internationally. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%