Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Centerdrive + m600 Bladeless?!?!

Offline Nuravictus

• New User
Gerber Centerdrive + m600 Bladeless?!?!
on: May 08, 2019, 11:36:36 PM
So I have a crazy idea that I want a crazy multitool built of the love from the m600 bladeless and the centerdrive.

I want to have the centerdrive screwdriver + pry bar + MP 600 scissors, can opener and replaceable blade attachment. If I had to add another, maybe do a strap cutter or better yet if we can add one of the exchange a blade for a standard utility blade and or  the vital pocket folder for a #60 razor blade or a exacto blade.

Ideally I would like the m600 blunt nose as I need a pliers that can really take a beating and some serious torque applied to it without warping as they so often do. I do know the centerdrive pliers is built considerably thicker but does anyone know how it compares to the blunt nose?

Is any of this somehow possible? I want to be totally "bladeless" so I can toss out the used and put in new or walk through an airport with it and not worry about having to give it up but I still have the basic tools I need constantly even if it means a quick trip to a hardware store to get some blades but those are sold world wide and super common.

My end goal is a heavy duty military grade multitool that is 100% bladeless with all of the following.

~Needle nose & an alternate version with blunt nose pliers

~Heavy duty replaceable wire cutters

~Heavy duty wire stripper

~Heavy duty wire crimper

~Weapons Punch

~Front sight post adjustment tool

~Carbon scraper

~Carbon Pick

~Center drive bit driver

~Extra drive bits with enough room to keep in the sheath

~Hammer

~Bladeless replaceable saw blade

~Bladeless utility blade

~Can opener

~Carabiner

~Lanyard attachment

EDIT: Something that I think would be awesome to add would be an adjustable wrench!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FmaVHG-GfMUXFGTmRyT3R5VHRCaXZBdG9xOFlNaEZvUTVv/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:14:01 AM by Nuravictus »

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Gerber Centerdrive + m600 Bladeless?!?!
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 11:43:48 PM
I don't see it working, but there are some members here that may have some ideas. The CD is built so differently to the 600 that cross changing the pliers would likely be impossible. The CD pliers are insanely difficult to remove as well. :ahhh

On the plus side, the CD pliers are somewhere between needlenose and blunt nose, so they may be usable for you.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%