Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Aloha from Hawaii

Offline mkduffer

• New User
Aloha from Hawaii
on: July 19, 2019, 10:25:40 AM
Aloha all.

Been a multi-tool user since the mid/late 80's, with my first being a Leatherman PST (number 7, based on the PST chronology project in here). That was followed by a Gerber Multi-plier (Mr. Pinchy V2.0), then a Seber M4 (owned several as well as a few IDL T10's after they bought out Seber), SOG Paratool, Leatherman Supertool, Leatheman Wave, Gerber Clutch, Leatherman Miicra, Leatherman Blast, Leatherman Fuse and a Leatherman Style PS. The only one I no longer have is the SOG, which was stolen many moons ago.

I believe my Leatherman Wave came as a combo with a 2AAA maglite and nylon holster. Still use the holster, but now it carries my Fuse and a Jetbeam JET-UV flashlight. Still have the Wave, just don't use it much.

Anyway, it's been a while since I bought a multi-tool and I've been watching reviews of the new offerings by Leatherman. This forum seemed like a natural place to be. Can't believe it took me this long to join.  :D

Oh, I'm also a knife nut (pocket and kitchen), hand sharpener and flashaholic. And surprisingly still married (happily (can only speak for myself)) after over 3 decades. Go figure.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Aloha from Hawaii
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 10:32:07 AM
mkduffer, welcome to :MTO:

Please do enjoy your stay! :D

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 10:38:22 AM
Hi mkduffer and welcome to  :MTO: :cheers:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 10:06:35 PM
welcome mate
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 10:55:01 PM
Welcome aboard! I still don’t understand the being married thing myself, going to be hitting 20yrs this oct, I think you just have to let them feel as if their in control :whistle:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 11:50:53 PM
Welcome mkduffer.  :cheers:
Had an amazing honeymoon in Maui 19 years ago after getting married on the beach. Stayed at the Grand Wailea that was unforgettable. If you drill a hole vertically from Hawaii you’ll pop out where I live in South Africa.  :salute:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

Offline mkduffer

• New User
Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 03:09:54 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Looking forward to learning more ways to invest our hard earned money on sharp shiny things. :D

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 03:12:15 PM
Seems you've found the right place, mkduffer! :)

Welcome to MT.o!  :cheers:

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 03:33:27 PM
Howdy.  There will many who come along to help you rid your wallet of money.  Release the enablers ( with echo sound effect ).

Welcome to MTO. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 06:04:41 PM
Hello and welcome !    :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 12:16:51 PM
Welcome to :MTO: mkduffer :cheers:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 03:01:22 PM
Aloha, e komo mai on this fine place!

I am always so jealous on people who can say they live in Hawaii, it's so beautiful!  :cheers:

Glad that since a couple of years we have family on the Big Island so we have an excuse to go there every couple of years. If it was up to me we'd go every year, but unfortunately the plane tickets from The Netherlands to Hawaii are so expensive. We've visited the Big Island twice now (2015 and 2018), and plan to go again in 2021.
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69