Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

You-Do-It

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
You-Do-It
on: August 17, 2019, 07:50:15 PM
FYI, The place is called "You-Do-It" electronics. 40 Franklin St, Needham Massachusetts.

Anyone in the greater Boston area wondering where to go to see a great in-store selection of Victorinox Swiss Army Knives. Tinker and Spartan, special edition Alox, Evo's, wood scales, right up to Year of the Pig edition. Classics, 91mm, 111 mm, looks like a few Vic plyer based as well.

Lots of electronics, robotics, and some communications / CB gear with a friendly, knowledgeable, helpful staff, always in a neck tie.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Re: You-Do-It
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 07:54:38 PM
Army Barracks in Saugus has a bigger selection of knives and multitools of all kinds in general, but I personally dont recall seeing a better selection specifically of Vic Swiss Army knives in any single place than You-Do-It

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 10:36:28 PM
 :woohoo: Those sort of places cause me to binge spend!!
Barry

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 12:05:39 AM
Sounds like a great place  :tu:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 01:00:42 AM
Some time in Boston sounds pretty good.  :tu:

us Online Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
You-Do-It
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 08:29:44 AM
It kind of has me intrigued considering Boston’s restrictive knife carry laws.  Even a 91mm SAK’s blade is beyond the 2.5in legal limit.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 05:22:19 PM
Well for starters, Boston knife laws wont affect the town of Needham, or the rest of the state, so that's some good news.

The other good news is that pocket knives over the limit are indeed allowed as long as there is either "a good reason" to have them, or as long as they are not being used in the commission of a crime or disturbing the peace, causing mayhem, etc. Boston knife laws are written in a confusing manner, containing numerous and sometimes contradictory loopholes, specifically so that officers have the juice to make an arrest where needed, or to ignore when action is unnecessary.

Never ever, ever have I been questioned about a 91mm Swiss Army knife, not in all my days.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 05:31:14 PM
I've carried all kinds of knives in Boston.....mostly due to ignorance on my part....but it's never been an issue for me.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 06:27:23 PM
Nor have I.
Barry

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 07:50:28 PM
Now that would be store I couldn't get out of! I'd be there all day.  They sound like what RadioShack SHOULD have been; not the overglorified cellphone store they were in their last days.

My local knife store focuses heavily on Case and Spyderco, assorted tactical brands, Boker, Gerber, and LM, and there's very few SAKs, and nothing like SwissTools and the like.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 06:22:08 PM
Cody I almost wrote almost that same RadioShack comment in my initial post. Seems like this IS what RadioShack was in the 70's. Kind of sad, but at least there is still You Do It

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%