Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modded hammer tool!

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Modded hammer tool!
on: September 07, 2019, 10:06:04 PM
I bought one of these hammer multitools some time ago, for next to nothing. There was a tool that’s a combination bottle opener, can opener, serrated blade, metric wrench, and flat driver. It was poorly designed and very weak due to the center cutout, and I broke it the first time I used it as a screwdriver.

I’ve found myself using the hammer part of the tool for closing paint cans. It’s a small hammer and really that’s about all it’s good for. I had a standard church key to open paint cans... and decided since I was already a tool down, they definitely needed to mate. So out came my welder and I made this! I even retained the bottle opener functionality.

Charles.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: Modded hammer tool!
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 10:11:47 PM
Cool tool :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 05:20:53 AM
NICE 

I have that same tool.  I have never used the screwdriver, hopefully it wont break if I ever do. 

I use mine from time to time when I have to push thumb tacs and pins into walls.  (like for hanging posters)

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 05:34:20 PM
I have been using the hell out of this tool lately. I’ve been staining a chair for my girlfriend and every time I open the stain I use the new tool I added, and every time I close the can I use the hammer. Perhaps there’s a better single tool for this, without the driver and saw that I don’t use, but I’m liking the utility. I never thought one of these hammer tools would be worth owning.

Charles.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 01:57:48 AM
Making a tool useful is a special talent. Kudos!
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%