Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How has the surge blade exchanger held up?

Offline SoDak

How has the surge blade exchanger held up?
on: March 02, 2007, 06:20:05 PM
Like the question says, how has the balde exchanger on your surge held up? I want to get a surge because I like the idea of being able to buy hacksaw blades that can fit on a multitool. However after reading a review on cabela's site where a guy said his blade holder has loosedn up come with use it got me nervous about the system. Can anyone help me out on this one?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: How has the surge blade exchanger held up?
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 09:00:11 PM
Mine hasn't had too extensive use, but so far it's holding up well enough.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 12:03:21 AM
I got to say that I use mine quite a  lot and have not had any problems with it at all. Today for instance I had made about 40 cuts making powder measures in bamboo. I dont know if anyone has ecer cut bamboo but I assure you it is a very hard and dense reed. It did not hang up at all and has never loosened one bit. I have used it to cut numerous walking sticks and have made plenty of fire spindels also. The only way I can see it loosening is by torque being applaied to the side and binding the blade.

Well I got to cut about 70 more bamboo black powder measures by tonight so have a good day. and dont worry.   
S

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 07:27:54 PM
I picked up some tshank blades from Lowes a week or so ago.  They don't fit tight in the holder and wobble quite a bit.  It's more annoying than anything.

They were Bosch progressive wood cutting blades.  I'm worried now that other tshank blades aren't going to fit snug or secure in the blade exchanger.  So far though, the blade exchanger has held up to a couple camping trips and some random use around the house.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 01:31:04 AM
I'm no help here. I swapped out the file and the saw blade a couple of times when I first got my Surge, but then I've just left the file in ever since.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%