Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fed Ex F...rustration...un?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Fed Ex F...rustration...un?
on: December 10, 2019, 02:33:39 AM
I had a great laugh at my phone call to Fed Ex today. They called and left me a message about a shipment that I owed tax on. It was a watch that I bought off of Amazon.ca, I went for it because of the price, even though I got soaked almost 20 bucks to have it shipped to me. I did not know they were going to use Fed Ex. A lot of these companies soak you for brokerage fees, etc. Anyhow, I got a call stating I need to pay the tax or I would not receive my watch. Ok. So I call them and they were quite keen on having me give them my credit number. I told them that was never going to happen. I then asked them if they accept cash. Yes they do. Perfect. That call happened several days ago. Since that phone call, my girlfriend who lives next door said that since I would be at work, I should call them back and see if I can have them deliver it next door. I would then give her the money, and this would prevent me from having to run after the package at the local Fed Ex depot...wherever that is. This call turned a bit strange though. I asked them if they could do that, and she responded that yes they could but for a fee. A fee? Yes, because I was changing the address of destination, they would be more than happy to do that for an extra 15 bucks. I told them the driver would only need to go an extra 20 feet, and she would have the money for him/her. I was told that such a request was only possible if I forked over more money. I had to laugh at the absurdity of the situation. I told her they could deliver it to my door...and that I wouldn't be there. We can play phone tag afterwards, and hung up.

I think folks that use Fed Ex and other courier services truly hate their clients.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline BadMechanic

Re: Fed Ex F...rustration...un?
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 02:40:06 AM
Fedex is the worse. As a USPS employee, even UPS is better.  :rofl:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 02:58:22 AM
I like USPS and Canada Post a lot. Never had any issues. However, with UPS, DHL, and Fed Ex, nothing but overcharges and issues. I once sent a watch back to the seller because they used DHL. DHL wanted me to pay more for brokerage fees then I had paid for the watch. That was a no go.

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 03:43:37 AM
For me it is the exact opposite. No issues with FedEx or UPS but lots with USPS. I lost count how many times they delivered a damaged package. One time the shipping envelope was ripped open and the item inside gone. Did not stop them from delivering an empty, destroyed envelope  :facepalm:  Also lost count on how many times our mail was dropped into the neighbors box.

Or the awesome habit of leaving stuff on our front porch in plain sight, and then not even ringing the damn door bell.  :twak:

I am not sure what brokerage fees for a delivery are.  :dunno: Can you explain?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 03:58:47 AM
It is an added fee to fill the needed paperwork so that a package can clear customs when crossing an International border. Interestingly enough, Canada Post and USPS do not charge you for this service. Courier services apparently love to charge you high fees for this service. As mentioned before, I paid 35 dollars for a watch...and DHL decided to charge me 40 dollars to cross that border. I was stunned, and told them I refused the shipment. There was no way I was going to pay more than the item was worth to line DHL's pockets. I talked to the seller, and they sent it via regular post...no issues.

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 04:33:21 AM
Thanks for the info  :tu: Never had to deal with that.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 07:24:29 AM
SIGH  :facepalm:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 01:51:40 AM
I worked for an company based in Asia for a year at their US office and to send samples to the main office in Asia was astronomical to put it nicely.  :ahhh
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 02:31:13 AM
The girlfriend has come up with another idea. Seeing that they would charge me 15 bucks for 20 more feet to deliver it at her place. She is going to pull one over them by simply waiting in my house for the delivery with money at hand while I am at work.  :facepalm:   

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 07:58:12 AM
The girlfriend has come up with another idea. Seeing that they would charge me 15 bucks for 20 more feet to deliver it at her place. She is going to pull one over them by simply waiting in my house for the delivery with money at hand while I am at work.  :facepalm:

Sounds like a plan !   :tu:  :salute:

I'm all for avoiding paying rip-off fees wherever possible.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%