Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC in DEC

Nix · 2113 · 45076

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: EDC in DEC
Reply #180 on: November 21, 2020, 11:52:23 AM
True, Bloody Mary might be better McS :drink: :cheers:

Right, I'm going to adjudicate here. It's far far too early for whisky, unless it's in coffee or drunk from a flask. Where as, a Bloody Mary is a suitable beverage for any time of day (or indeed any occasion), but best not right before you go to bed... else you might get a fright when you wake up and think you've sick'd up blood...  :ahhh

:rofl:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #181 on: November 21, 2020, 02:57:11 PM

If you're going to pocket carry your EDC I recommend the Duluth Fire Hose cargo pants or shorts.  I wear them all the time.  So many pockets.  I hadn't even discovered one pocket until I'd been wearing them for a month.  It's on the inside.  You can't even access it without excusing yourself from public view.  Why would they put another pocket on the inside?  Because they can, that's why.

I have a pair of these. Love the fire hose material. Heavy, but surprisingly comfortable. And, yes, even the pockets have pockets......  :rofl:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #182 on: November 21, 2020, 03:25:55 PM
I've heard one could easily lose a custom Bantam in their pockets pockets and never find it back  :ahhh

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #183 on: November 21, 2020, 04:02:53 PM
I've heard one could easily lose a custom Bantam in their pockets pockets and never find it back  :ahhh
Lost forever, or a pleasant surprise when you find it years later.  I just got an email from them, www.duluthtrading.com Black Friday special 30% off and free shipping on everything use code ENJOY30

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #184 on: November 21, 2020, 06:53:06 PM
I've got my edc pretty much ready. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.  :woohoo:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #185 on: November 21, 2020, 07:42:54 PM
Right, I'm going to adjudicate here. It's far far too early for whisky, unless it's in coffee or drunk from a flask. Where as, a Bloody Mary is a suitable beverage for any time of day (or indeed any occasion), but best not right before you go to bed... else you might get a fright when you wake up and think you've sick'd up blood...  :ahhh

Not a fan of the Bloody Mary (tomato juice)  :pommel:

However, I've had many a swig of whisky, port & rum (various flasks) on Remembrance Sunday at Whitehall.
Also some damned, fine splendid Vodka from some Polish veterans  :drink:

Obviously, this was before the COVID stuff (I'll have wee dram of that next year  ::) )
They don't like it up 'em!

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #186 on: November 21, 2020, 08:27:05 PM

Not a fan of the Bloody Mary (tomato juice)  :pommel:

However, I've had many a swig of whisky, port & rum (various flasks) on Remembrance Sunday at Whitehall.
Also some damned, fine splendid Vodka from some Polish veterans  :drink:

Obviously, this was before the COVID stuff (I'll have wee dram of that next year  ::) )

Sounds like s great Can't Remembrence a thing Sunday  :D

I'm not a fan of Bloody Mary either..

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #187 on: November 21, 2020, 08:29:27 PM
I've got my edc pretty much ready. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.  :woohoo:

I thought that too until I've stumbled over this thread here... which got me thinking again...

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,85266.msg2152714.html#msg2152714

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #188 on: November 21, 2020, 08:42:46 PM
Sounds like s great Can't Remembrence a thing Sunday  :D

I'm not a fan of Bloody Mary either..
They always are....probably :rofl: :think: :dunno: :drink:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Sos24

Reply #189 on: November 21, 2020, 10:17:10 PM
If you're going to pocket carry your EDC I recommend the Duluth Fire Hose cargo pants or shorts.  I wear them all the time.  So many pockets.  I hadn't even discovered one pocket until I'd been wearing them for a month.  It's on the inside.  You can't even access it without excusing yourself from public view.  Why would they put another pocket on the inside?  Because they can, that's why.

I still haven't decided if I'm going into the challenge with just what's in my pockets or if I should include the bag that is with me whenever I leave the house.  The bag holds the first aid kit, umbrella, some books to read if I have to wait somewhere, some meal replacement bars and other stuff, batteries and whatever.  I like having it with me if I'm out for the day, but for quick trips, running errands, I can get along without it.

The hidden internal pockets is a very nice one when traveling, especially if an area might be questionable.  When I would travel a lot, I got in the habit of pinning a small (@4x3in) bag into the inside of my pants for 2nd ID, couple bills and possible emergency credit card.  Even if I became the victim of pickpocket, I still had essentials on me.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #190 on: November 21, 2020, 10:21:26 PM
Lost forever, or a pleasant surprise when you find it years later.  I just got an email from them, www.duluthtrading.com Black Friday special 30% off and free shipping on everything use code ENJOY30

Thanks for posting the code.  I might have to take a look.  I am pretty happy with the Amazon Basics cargo shorts, but a couple pairs are wearing a little thin or sporting patches.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #191 on: November 21, 2020, 11:06:04 PM
I've taken the pictures, and written out everything, but imgur is having some issues, so I cannot upload the pics and post my edc now. :rant:
I'll keep checking imgur and post when I manage to upload the pics.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #192 on: November 21, 2020, 11:31:37 PM
This is my edc for December. I could have gone lighter, and I am fully aware that most of it will not get used. However, this is kind of a hindsight edc kit. Everything included gets used, or was needed at some point but was not there.
So here we are. A smurfload of stuff, some of which you will know from previous challenges. It will be nice to carry absolutely everything for December.  :D

As a sidenote, I am in the process of subjecting myself to a ridiculously strict diet. I have already lost lots, and it is motivating me to go on.  I will be weighing myself every few days, and hopefully the number will be going downwards. :cheers:

Hat
Sunglasses
Watch (with whistle)
Victorinox Deluxe Tinker (with pouch I made)

Keys
Show content
-Yamaha bit driver
-Victorinox Manager (with pouch I made)
-Mini Bic lighter
-Nail-clippers

Wallet
Show content

-Cash, cards, coins
-Tweezers, napkins, alcohol wipe
-Shopping bags x3
-Bits, extension
-Zipties x3, twist ties x2
-Paper

Phone
(used for taking the pictures; phone case empty)
Show content

-Paper
-Opal card (public transport)
-Microfiber cloth
-Fresnel lens

Gabol Prisma
Show content
-Padded shoulder pad, that also holds shoulder strap folded on handle

-Back pocket
 -Ziplock bags (various small sizes, all in a sandwich-sized one, missed it, not pictured)
 -Shopping bags
 -Ear plugs

-Main compartment
Show content

-Microfiber towel (orange)
-Shoehorn
-Water bottle
-Snack (usually wasabi peas or pistachios)
-Electronics pouch (Charging cable, charger, micro usb to Apple adapter, earbuds)
-Eyeglasses pouch (Insect repellent, afterbite, body spray, toilet paper)
-Maxpedition Micro
Show content
Outside
Sharpies x3, pen, mini pry bar, Hi vis string, gray string, twist ties, zipties, usb stick, mini magnets, SD card 32GB with usb adapter, scissors, velcro strip
Ziplock bag: Tin foil, sewing kit (thread-needles-safety pins-paperclips), binder clips x2, mori clip, cotton ball, plastic bag, 3x alcohol wipes, 4x fish hooks

Inside

Left
7 sockets (4mm-10mm), 3x long twist ties, Southord Lockpick Pen (16 picks), whistle, Long Phillips #2 bit, mini ratchet, Coated copper cable, Allen L keys 1, 2, 3, 4, Olfa auto-lock, Pocketwrench 2, ferro rod w hacksaw striker, blackhead remover, cuticle pusher, wooden toothpick, ear plugs, nal clip, 1/4" bits x9,  large paperclips x3, flint wheel sparker

Left pocket
Nothing

Middle
1/4" socket adapter, bit extension, 1/4" bit adapter, zip-ties, Sail needles x2, sewing needle

Right
sello-tape rolls wide and narrow, 2x hair bands, 15x 4mm bits, fish hooks x3, Coast G19, mini Bic lighter, flint wheel sparker, Leatherman Rebar, 2x knurled screw wrenches, beige cord, usb cable, large safety pins x2, paperclips x3

Right pocket
coated steel wire, duct tape, small zipties x6

-Internal pocket of main compartment
Show content

-Coat-hangers folded into square, one coated
 -Pens, Sharpie
 -Notebook
 -Binder clips
 -Protractor, 6" metal scales x2
 -Telescopic magnet
 -Cardstock
 -2x Peanut ziplock bags
 -Jumbo ziplock bag
 -Jumbo plastic bag (for rain cover)
 -Tinfoil
 -3x surgical masks
 -Napkins

Second compartment
Show content

-Compact mirror
-Zipties (20cm, black, x12)
-Hand sanitizer
-Hand soap/shampoo
-Sunblock
-Plastic cutlery, toothbrush, comb, rubber bands x3, zipties, box handles x2, S hook
-Drinking straws
-Wafer bag
Show content
-Plastic spoon
 -Cotton discs
 -Alcohol wipes
 -Plastic card (sellotape, bricklayer's line gray, Gorilla tape)
 -Disposable gloves 2 pairs
 -Nurofen tablets
 -Condom
 -Inter-dental brushes, Flossers with toothpicks, Cotton swabs

-Tin of bits and bobs
Show content
-Screws (PH2 small screws x4, Hook screws x8, Nut and bolt x10)
-Paperclips
-Safety pins
-Split rings x2
-Cord stoppers x2
-Mini buckle
-Nails

-Umbrella cover
Show content
-Paracord
Show content
  -550 parachute cord white 6m
  -550 parachute cord black 3.5m
  -550 parachute cord orange 1.7m

-Rubber
Show content
  -Shock cord 2m
  -Rubber cord black 1.2m
  -Rubber cord gray 0.5m
  -Rubber strap with velcro
  -Hair bands x6

-Velcro (Roll black 1m x 1cm)
 -Dental floss
 -Tape measure
 -Carabiners x2

Front pocket
-Bandaids in ziplock
-Napkins
-Ziptie (white 20cm, goes around the pocket, not pictured)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 12:28:11 AM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline Echotech

Reply #193 on: November 21, 2020, 11:46:42 PM
This is my edc for December. I could have gone lighter, and I am fully aware that most of it will not get used. However, this is kind of a hindsight edc kit. Everything included gets used, or was needed at some point but was not there. So here we are. A smurfload of stuff, some of which you will know from previous challenges. It will be nice to carry absolutely everything for December.  :D

As a sidenote, I am in the process of subjecting myself to a ridiculously strict diet. I have already lost lots, and it is motivating me to go on.  I will be weighing myself every few days, and hopefully the number will be going downwards. :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

Hat
Sunglasses
Watch (with whistle)
Victorinox Deluxe Tinker

Keys
Show content
-Yamaha bit driver
-Victorinox Manager
-Mini Bic lighter
-Nail-clippers

Wallet
Show content

-Cash, cards, coins
-Shopping bags x3
-Bits, extension
-Zipties x3, twisty ties x2
-Paper

Phone
Show content

-Paper
-Microfiber cloth
-Fresnel lens

Gabol Prisma
Show content

-Back pocket
 -Ziplock bags (various small sizes, all in a sandwich-sized one, missed it, not pictured)
 -Shopping bags
 -Ear plugs

-Main pocket
Show content

-Shoehorn
-Water bottle
-Maxpedition Micro
Show content
Outside
Sharpies x3, pen, mini pry bar, Hi vis string, gray string, twisty ties, zipties, usb stick, mini magnets, SD card 32GB with usb adapter, scissors, velcro strip
Ziplock bag: Tin foil, sewing kit (thread-needles-safety pins-paperclips), binder clips x2, mori clip, cotton ball, plastic bag, 3x alcohol wipes, 4x fish hooks

Inside

Left
7 sockets (4mm-10mm), 3x long twistie ties, Southord Lockpick Pen (16 picks), whistle, Long Phillips #2 bit, mini ratchet, Coated copper cable, Allen L keys 1, 2, 3, 4, Olfa auto-lock, Pocketwrench 2, ferro rod w hacksaw striker, blackhead remover, cuticle pusher, wooden toothpick, ear plugs, nal clip, 10 1/4" bits,  large paperclips x3, flint wheel sparker

Left pocket
Nothing

Middle
1/4" socket adapter, bit extension, 1/4" bit adapter, zip-ties, Sail needles x2, sewing needle

Right
sello-tape, 2x hair bands, 15x 4mm bits, fish hooks x3, Coast G19, mini Bic lighter, flint wheel sparker, Leatherman Rebar, 2x knurled screw wrenches, beige cord, usb cable, large safety needles x2, paperclips x3

Right pocket

-Electronics pouch (Charging cable, charger, micro usb to Apple adapter, earbuds)
-Eyeglasses pouch
 -Insect repellent
 -Afterbite
 -Body spray
 -Toilet paper

-Separate compartment
Show content

-Pens, Sharpie
 -Notebook
 -Binder clips
 -Telescopic magnet
 -Cardstock
 -2x Peanut ziplock bags
 -Jumbo ziplock bag
 -Tinfoil
 -3x surgical masks
 -Napkins

Second pocket
Show content

-Compact mirror
-Hand sanitizer
-Hand soap/shampoo
-Sunblock
-Plastic cutlery, toothbrush, comb, rubber bands x3, zipties, box handles x2, S hook
-Drinking straws
-Wafer bag
Show content
-Plastic spoon
 -Cotton discs
 -Alcohol wipes
 -Nurofen tablets
 -Condom
 -Intedental brushes, Flossers with toothpicks, Cotton swabs
-Tin of bits and bobs
Show content
 -Paperclips
 -Safety pins
 -Split rings x2
 -Cord stoppers x2
 -Mini buckle
 -Nails
-Umbrella cover
Show content
-Paracord
Show content
-Rubber
Show content
  -Shock cord 2m
  -Rubber cord black 1.2m
  -Rubber cord gray 0.5m
  -Hair bands x6
 -Dental floss
 -Tape measure
 -Carabiners x2

Front pocket
-Bandaids in ziplock
-Napkins
Congratulations on the weight loss RP it’s smurfing difficult I know. I managed to lose about 15kg over a few years, have put a bit back on working from home but hope to get on top of it over summer. Not easy at all so seriously well done :hatsoff: :salute:

Looking at your edc I was thinking that’s not too bad, looks a lot like my go bag…but then I started to open the spoilers :) now that’s edc’ing, no mucking about!

I’m doing a test run of mine today but intend to go for less is more approach (he says to himself convincing no one :think: )
Having decided I need a bag at least I can carry a proper tool, probably huntsman. Like you I know I should have sun block and aerogard (insect repellent) probably a mask and sanitizer, along with sunnies and glasses etc

:cheers:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #194 on: November 22, 2020, 12:25:28 AM
Nice loadout, RP!  I'll be interested to see how it awl works out for ya.  :tu:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #195 on: November 22, 2020, 01:04:05 AM
This is my edc for December. I could have gone lighter, and I am fully aware that most of it will not get used. However, this is kind of a hindsight edc kit. Everything included gets used, or was needed at some point but was not there.
So here we are. A smurfload of stuff, some of which you will know from previous challenges. It will be nice to carry absolutely everything for December.  :D

No compass?  :pok:

... just kidding, that looks well thought through and organized... and will help you losing weight on the way  :tu:

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #196 on: November 22, 2020, 01:36:57 AM

Hat
Sunglasses
Watch (with whistle)
Victorinox Deluxe Tinker (with pouch I made)

Keys
Show content
-Yamaha bit driver
-Victorinox Manager (with pouch I made)
-Mini Bic lighter
-Nail-clippers

Wallet
Show content

-Cash, cards, coins
-Shopping bags x3
-Bits, extension
-Zipties x3, twist ties x2
-Paper

Phone
(used for taking the pictures; phone case empty)
Show content

-Paper
-Microfiber cloth
-Fresnel lens

Gabol Prisma
Show content

-Back pocket
 -Shopping bags
 -Ear plugs

-Main compartment
Show content

-Shoehorn
-Water bottle
-Eyeglasses pouch (Insect repellent, afterbite, body spray, toilet paper)
-Maxpedition Micro
Show content
Outside
Sharpies x3, pen, mini pry bar, Hi vis string, gray string, twist ties, zipties, usb stick, mini magnets, SD card 32GB with usb adapter, scissors, velcro strip

Inside

Left
7 sockets (4mm-10mm), 3x long twist ties, Southord Lockpick Pen (16 picks), whistle, Long Phillips #2 bit, mini ratchet, Coated copper cable, Allen L keys 1, 2, 3, 4, Olfa auto-lock, Pocketwrench 2, ferro rod w hacksaw striker, blackhead remover, cuticle pusher, wooden toothpick, ear plugs, nal clip, 1/4" bits x9,  large paperclips x3, flint wheel sparker

Left pocket
Nothing

Middle

Right
sello-tape rolls wide and narrow, 2x hair bands, 15x 4mm bits, fish hooks x3, Coast G19, mini Bic lighter, flint wheel sparker, Leatherman Rebar, 2x knurled screw wrenches, beige cord, usb cable, large safety pins x2, paperclips x3

Right pocket

-Internal pocket of main compartment
Show content

-Pens, Sharpie
 -Notebook
 -Binder clips
 -Telescopic magnet
 -Cardstock
 -2x Peanut ziplock bags
 -Jumbo ziplock bag
 -Tinfoil
 -3x surgical masks
 -Napkins

Second compartment
Show content

-Compact mirror
-Hand sanitizer
-Hand soap/shampoo
-Sunblock
-Drinking straws
-Wafer bag
Show content
-Plastic spoon
 -Cotton discs
 -Alcohol wipes
 -Nurofen tablets
 -Condom
 -Inter-dental brushes, Flossers with toothpicks, Cotton swabs

-Tin of bits and bobs
Show content
-Paperclips
-Safety pins
-Split rings x2
-Cord stoppers x2
-Mini buckle
-Nails

-Umbrella cover
Show content
-Paracord
Show content

-Rubber
Show content
  -Shock cord 2m
  -Rubber cord black 1.2m
  -Rubber cord gray 0.5m
  -Hair bands x6

-Dental floss
 -Tape measure
 -Carabiners x2

Front pocket
-Bandaids in ziplock
-Napkins

Now that is a preparedness kit  :salute:

Though the over riding thought whilst reading through such a comprehensive list of gear? There's only one torch  :ahhh

How heavy is the bag itself?

And congratulations on the weightloss, I'm trying to do the same myself, you're doing fantastically and I'm sure yo ucan achieve your goals  :tu:

After going through the list with me my girlfriend is now hiding my Maxpedition bag, she;s been a firm supporter and enabler of my EDC since we were just friends and that means a lot to me, though apparently today I showed her her limits  :rofl:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

au Offline Echotech

EDC in DEC
Reply #197 on: November 22, 2020, 04:50:27 AM
Reckon I’m most of the way there, probably make a few changes and need to add a water bottle, protein bar, lifestraw, sunblock and some better insect repellent but reckon most bases are covered including backups (one is none etc). All fits easily in the waist bag, not heavy.

In pockets - reef knot wallet, nicorettes and keychain clipped to pocket. On keychain- house key, nitecore tube, SAK manager (pic shows rambler). Nice and simple, importantly light in weight and basic tools at hand, may add a peanut lighter.

In side bungees - niteize sunglasses case one side, water bottle (not shown) the other

In main compartment - maxpedition mini pocket organizer, Kathmandu rain poncho, reading glasses in case, bandana, RP2VR2 face mask (bushfire smoke/covid protection)

Front compartment - hand wipes in ziplock bag, phone, fold up backpack

In maxpedition organizer - insect repellent wipes, sting wipes, band aids, button compass, toothpick
Lumintop AAA torch, LM P4, mini bic lighter, spare cash, safety pin, TAU USB phone charger with built in cables, SAK huntsman plus with firefly, extra nicorettes in orange container, fold up reading glasses

I’ll give it a few tests and probably swap/add the odd item, but reckon 90% there. Two light sources (good advice GF :tu: ), 3 MT’s covering different sized drivers, scissors, blades etc. Two pens, two (maybe 3 if add peanut lighter) fire sources, two insect repellent, some 1st aid should probably add to that, bandanna multitude of uses, and fold out back pack if needed.

ET

UPDATE: Have just added the life straw a SOL water storage and solar disinfectant bag from Tortoise Gear, some survival cord (paracord with fishing line, tinder, copper wire etc) plus a couple of tablet towels and a space blanket
Weight including phone, two protein bars and full water bottle just under 2kg

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:08:20 AM by Echotech »

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #198 on: November 22, 2020, 05:39:31 AM
Nice set up!  :tu:

That weight seems pretty good with water included.   :tu:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #199 on: November 22, 2020, 05:56:13 AM
Nice set up!  :tu:

That weight seems pretty good with water included.   :tu:
:tu: Nix :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #200 on: November 22, 2020, 06:37:33 AM
Congratulations on the weight loss RP it’s smurfing difficult I know. I managed to lose about 15kg over a few years, have put a bit back on working from home but hope to get on top of it over summer. Not easy at all so seriously well done :hatsoff: :salute:

Looking at your edc I was thinking that’s not too bad, looks a lot like my go bag…but then I started to open the spoilers :) now that’s edc’ing, no mucking about!

I’m doing a test run of mine today but intend to go for less is more approach (he says to himself convincing no one :think: )
Having decided I need a bag at least I can carry a proper tool, probably huntsman. Like you I know I should have sun block and aerogard (insect repellent) probably a mask and sanitizer, along with sunnies and glasses etc

Thanks! :cheers: I miss junk food, but sacrifices had to be made. And it works, and I feel much better, so I'll stick to my salads.  :cheers:
Yeah, my edc is a bit much. I know that if I remove something, I'll need it after a couple days. It's happened before. :rofl:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #201 on: November 22, 2020, 06:38:16 AM
Nice loadout, RP!  I'll be interested to see how it awl works out for ya.  :tu:

You and me both. Thanks!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #202 on: November 22, 2020, 06:39:24 AM
No compass?  :pok:

... just kidding, that looks well thought through and organized... and will help you losing weight on the way  :tu:

I was thinking of getting one, but prices here are way up there. Maybe one day. :tu:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #203 on: November 22, 2020, 06:44:10 AM
Now that is a preparedness kit  :salute:

Show content
Though the over riding thought whilst reading through such a comprehensive list of gear? There's only one torch  :ahhh

How heavy is the bag itself?

And congratulations on the weightloss, I'm trying to do the same myself, you're doing fantastically and I'm sure you can achieve your goals  :tu:

After going through the list with me my girlfriend is now hiding my Maxpedition bag, she;s been a firm supporter and enabler of my EDC since we were just friends and that means a lot to me, though apparently today I showed her her limits  :rofl:

I had a Nitecore Tube on my keys, but it stopped working, so I removed it. I have a Led Lenser headlamp which I like, but I do not have a good pouch for it, and to be honest, I just use the phone if I need light for a few seconds.

I did not weigh the bag. Now I am curious myself. I'll weigh it later. :tu:
I did weigh myself a couple of days ago.  :D

au Offline Echotech

Reply #204 on: November 22, 2020, 06:44:54 AM
I was thinking of getting one, but prices here are way up there. Maybe one day. :tu:
I’ve got a few spare button compasses RP, more than happy to give you one mate. They’re just sitting in a box so would be better being used by someone. Think I’ll have to go to the post office during the week so PM me you’re address if keen :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #205 on: November 22, 2020, 06:49:19 AM
Reckon I’m most of the way there, probably make a few changes and need to add a water bottle, protein bar, lifestraw, sunblock and some better insect repellent but reckon most bases are covered including backups (one is none etc). All fits easily in the waist bag, not heavy.

Show content
In pockets - reef knot wallet, nicorettes and keychain clipped to pocket. On keychain- house key, nitecore tube, SAK manager (pic shows rambler). Nice and simple, importantly light in weight and basic tools at hand, may add a peanut lighter.

In side bungees - niteize sunglasses case one side, water bottle (not shown) the other

In main compartment - maxpedition mini pocket organizer, Kathmandu rain poncho, reading glasses in case, bandana, RP2VR2 face mask (bushfire smoke/covid protection)

Front compartment - hand wipes in ziplock bag, phone, fold up backpack

In maxpedition organizer - insect repellent wipes, sting wipes, band aids, button compass, toothpick
Lumintop AAA torch, LM P4, mini bic lighter, spare cash, safety pin, TAU USB phone charger with built in cables, SAK huntsman plus with firefly, extra nicorettes in orange container, fold up reading glasses

I’ll give it a few tests and probably swap/add the odd item, but reckon 90% there. Two light sources (good advice GF :tu: ), 3 MT’s covering different sized drivers, scissors, blades etc. Two pens, two (maybe 3 if add peanut lighter) fire sources, two insect repellent, some 1st aid should probably add to that, bandanna multitude of uses, and fold out back pack if needed.

ET

UPDATE: Have just added the life straw a SOL water storage and solar disinfectant bag from Tortoise Gear, some survival cord (paracord with fishing line, tinder, copper wire etc) plus a couple of tablet towels and a space blanket
Weight including phone, two protein bars and full water bottle just under 2kg

Great kit!  :like: We share lots of items, too. :D I miss a lightweight edc bag. ::) I'll probably remove some redundant items from mine after the challenge is over.
I love that olive drab green! I wanted an olive drab Maxpedition, but they were sold out. And that bag is just sweet!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:54:28 AM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #206 on: November 22, 2020, 06:51:38 AM
I’ve got a few spare button compasses RP, more than happy to give you one mate. They’re just sitting in a box so would be better being used by someone. Think I’ll have to go to the post office during the week so PM me you’re address if keen :cheers:

That's so nice of you, mate! Thanks! :like:
I do not really need one now. Then again, I have lots of items that I do not really need. :rofl:
I'll let you know if things change. :salute:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #207 on: November 22, 2020, 07:15:29 AM
My edc bag is 3.34kg or 7.36lb. :ahhh

The Maxpedition is 905g, or 2lb :salute:

And I am 101.9kg, or 224.65lb. :woohoo:

au Offline Echotech

EDC in DEC
Reply #208 on: November 22, 2020, 07:41:10 AM
That's so nice of you, mate! Thanks! :like:
I do not really need one now. Then again, I have lots of items that I do not really need. :rofl:
I'll let you know if things change. :salute:
You’re very welcome RP, they’re only tiny little things, definitely not Swiza’s, and bought 5 cheap on fleabay.

I had grand intentions of using them bush walking etc but the truth is far less noble!

I’d heard that dogs do their business pointing north/south so the truth is they’ve mostly been using checking that :rofl: seems to be true btw :think:

For reference here’s one next to a AA
I’ve got a few so absolutely no problem if you decide you’d like one

Too much stuff? Don’t we all haha, at least on MTo I feel normal :)

au Offline Echotech

Reply #209 on: November 22, 2020, 07:43:56 AM
My edc bag is 3.34kg or 7.36lb. :ahhh

The Maxpedition is 905g, or 2lb :salute:

And I am 101.9kg, or 224.65lb. :woohoo:
3.3kg is pretty good not really that much more than mine considering the extra stuff and utility you have :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%