Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Really?

Jazz · 18 · 1182

ca Offline Jazz

Really?
on: October 12, 2020, 04:08:27 AM
I decide I want a SAK with pliers, and it seems the Handyman and Deluxe Tinker are discontinued? Am I just not seeing them on the Vic website? They’re getting a little crazy with the discontinuing lately. Executive too.

ca Offline Altis

Re: Really?
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 04:44:22 AM
Handyman and Deluxe Tinker still show as available (though out of stock) on the Canadian site, but not the Executive (  :cry: ).

I've noticed a few times that out of stock models don't always show up when browsing, only when I search for them. It might be a bug because I can't find a setting.

us Offline Mizedog

• Mizedog
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 05:24:14 AM
I just found something I didn't know about: They are calling the old Wenger 2.6" knife the Executive 81. Yikes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 08:08:02 AM
I just found something I didn't know about: They are calling the old Wenger 2.6" knife the Executive 81. Yikes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Moreover. They (Victorinox) re-called the same knife just... Wenger.
It was a third reincarnation (the last one, I hope)

https://leaf-vics.com/2019/11/832-victorinox-wenger-split-personality.html

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 09:09:06 AM
I decide I want a SAK with pliers, and it seems the Handyman and Deluxe Tinker are discontinued? Am I just not seeing them on the Vic website? They’re getting a little crazy with the discontinuing lately. Executive too.

Maybe you’ll fancy something along the Evo line? What’s the right term? Slip-joint pliers on them?

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 09:36:49 AM
.... and Deluxe Tinker are discontinued?

WHAAAAAAT????  :o :sa:

Really hope that's a miss understanding...
I'm really liking the DT right now. Wasn't thinking on buying backups just yet, but if they discontinue it, i'll just have to, asap....  :facepalm:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 10:10:14 AM
So basically this is not true?
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ca Offline Altis

Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 10:44:28 AM
So basically this is not true?

No, it does not appear to be the case that the Handyman or Deluxe Tinker are discontinued.

The Executive does, as I posted about the other day.

Please update the original post so people see that when they open the thread.  :cheers:

ca Offline Jazz

Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 01:57:54 PM
It won't let me modify the post. That's a dumb feature. Anyway, if people can
 read it right, I'm more asking than saying in the first post. Thanks for the replies, though. I think that website of Vic's needs work.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 02:44:41 PM
It won't let me modify the post. That's a dumb feature. Anyway, if people can
 read it right, I'm more asking than saying in the first post. Thanks for the replies, though. I think that website of Vic's needs work.

Not necessarily, I think there's a good reason for it. Anyway, just ask a mod to edit it for you.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 08:09:47 PM
Hmm looks like the Executive moved up my list, if only it wasn't all so pricey over here  :facepalm:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 08:56:18 PM
Where does all that dubious information stem from? Just checked Victorinox.com, at least on the German speaking site Handyman, DT, Executive and Ambassador all are available!  :twak:

ca Offline Altis

Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 10:11:32 PM
Where does all that dubious information stem from? Just checked Victorinox.com, at least on the German speaking site Handyman, DT, Executive and Ambassador all are available!  :twak:

Executive is allegedly confirmed by Victorinox to be discontinued as of very recently (made a thread here: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,85682.0.html )

This thread stems from Victorinox's rather confusing sites that sometimes don't show models.

It gets me sometimes... if you use any of the filters (like choosing 111mm in the Large category), all the models not in stock disappear.

ca Offline Jazz

Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 10:14:44 PM
Canadian website here is the problem one for me. Not sure about any others, because that's where it automatically directs me to. I heard it from someone else about the Executive, so don't blame me for the info.  :pok:  :oops:

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 11:49:43 PM
Ok, now let's all just take a deep breath and relax. Everything will be fine, nothing will be discontinued. Just remember the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and don't panic.

ca Offline Altis

Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 12:38:15 AM
Ok, now let's all just take a deep breath and relax. Everything will be fine, nothing will be discontinued. Just remember the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and don't panic.

Well, except the Executive, and maybe the Ambassador (both are 74mm models), apparently. Would this mean the Money Clip is next? Who knows!  :pok:

ca Offline Altis

Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 04:40:37 AM
Well, except the Executive, and maybe the Ambassador (both are 74mm models), apparently. Would this mean the Money Clip is next? Who knows!  :pok:

Just to add, it appears to be all the 74mm that are discontinued (Ambassador, Money Clip, Executive):

https://www.reddit.com/r/victorinox/comments/j9y5xk/update_all_74mm_sak_models_discontinued/

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 07:52:40 AM
Well, as long as they are officially listed on the Victorinox Website as part of their "Kleine Taschenmesser" collection and can be ordered at said site, I just cannot be bothered to worry I guess.

But if worry you must, why don't you try the Electrician for size? For quite some time now, this one hasn't been listed on the Victorinox site as part of the Alox collection...  :pok:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%