Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A bit of a find

Sean · 20 · 2717

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
A bit of a find
on: January 14, 2009, 08:48:55 PM
 Brand spankin' new and obviously been sitting in his store showcase for years and to takers... until today.
What a cool little tool. 
sean
sog toolclip 002.JPG
* sog toolclip 002.JPG (Filesize: 70.22 KB)
sog toolclip 003.JPG
* sog toolclip 003.JPG (Filesize: 65.59 KB)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: A bit of a find
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:55:06 PM
Nice one!  :)

Will it be a user?
I'm back!!

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:01:05 PM
Yes I will carry it around for light duty use.  Phoned back to the store to see if they had anymore but no luck.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:53:52 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! You going too use it!!!!!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :twak: :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

How much did you have to spend????

Oh, Welcome to the club.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 10:04:13 PM
Yes I will carry it around for light duty use.  Phoned back to the store to see if they had anymore but no luck.

Well bloody done!!  :D

Don't you listen to all this leaving it in a drawer rubbish.  It is a heavy duty tool so I am sure using it won't hurt it.
I'm back!!

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 10:11:48 PM
Well the original (faded) sticker said $109.  :o  But obviously that was when it arrived at their store years ago.  I kind of looked it over through the showcase and this after pretending to be interested in some leatherman's he had as well.  I told him I didn't want to spend that much on a leatherman charge and I said how about that Sog?
So to make this story longer than it should be, he said how about $79?  So thats where I left the store with plier in tow.

sean

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 10:13:43 PM
nice found man :tu:

what a great feeling to walk into a store and found some discontinued beauties :D
A

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 11:32:17 PM
Nice snag. I want one of the smaller ones just to try.
S

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 11:56:24 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! You going too use it!!!!!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :twak: :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Oh, Welcome to the club.

Thanks for the welcome.
 It would be a shame to have it sit in a drawer!  Sure I'm not going to be cutting rebar with it but heck, wear yours around and cut a few apples, twist a few wires.  For me anyway, it is a tool and was made to be used and by using it, it adds to it's character.

sean
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 12:01:04 AM by Sean »

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 12:00:28 AM

Oh, Welcome to the club.

Thanks for the welcome.
 It would be a shame to have it sit in a drawer!  Sure I'm not going to be cutting rebar with it but heck, wear yours around and cut a few apples, twist a few wires.  For me it gives meaning to it's origin and adds to it's character.

sean

:tu:
I'm back!!

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 12:01:46 AM
I really do like it when people use thier tools. I have nothing in the line of safe queens. I use all of mine!

Kudos to ya!
S

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 02:14:57 AM
Has anyone every sent a Toolclip back to SOG for repair/replacement?  If they are under warranty, I woulden't worry about using it hard...

good score BTW :tu:
[

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 02:39:04 AM
Thanks for your comments of support fellas.  You know years ago in and around the time I bought my Leatherman Super Tool I remember seeing and I think it was A.G Russell or the like those Sog Toolclips and some Al-Mar pliers
being advertised.
In hindsight I'd now wished I would have bought an Al-Mar.  I'd guess I wouldn't be alone in that one huh?

Sean

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 03:33:53 AM
Thanks for your comments of support fellas.  You know years ago in and around the time I bought my Leatherman Super Tool I remember seeing and I think it was A.G Russell or the like those Sog Toolclips and some Al-Mar pliers
being advertised.
In hindsight I'd now wished I would have bought an Al-Mar.  I'd guess I wouldn't be alone in that one huh?

Sean

Your new ToolClip has a "Use Me" look about it. The Al Mar on the other hand, has "Fondle Me" written all over it. ;)

Al Mar encyclopedia page: https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Al+Mar
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 03:43:20 AM
Very nice example indeed! ;)  I have never seen one other than on the net or in an old catalogue.

sean

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 03:45:51 AM
Very nice example indeed! ;)  I have never seen one other than on the net or in an old catalogue.

sean

They aren't very practical I'm afraid, at least as compared to current multitools. But they ARE a lot prettier. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 03:59:40 AM

Yeah I guess not but a real classic it is.  I do remember seeing them in the better catalogues probably early 90's?  AG Russell sure has a nice site and puts out a descent catalogue as well.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 04:27:02 AM

Yeah I guess not but a real classic it is.  I do remember seeing them in the better catalogues probably early 90's?  AG Russell sure has a nice site and puts out a descent catalogue as well.

Agreed! Pretty much all top notch stuff too. (and usually out of my price range) :(

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 06:28:20 PM
The one thing I've noticed on the toolclip is how sharp the wire cutter is on the unit.  Without exaggerating here it actually makes a clean scissor cut through an unfolded napkin (1ply).  I don't think I own another plier that will do that.

sean

Offline doinitall89

• He who is not busy living is busy dying -Bob Dylan
Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 07:37:19 PM
being advertised.

Sean

Your new ToolClip has a "Use Me" look about it. The Al Mar on the other hand, has "Fondle Me" written all over it. ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

Al Mar encyclopedia page: https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Al+Mar

The Al Mar is a sexy looking tool tho aint it? I'd certainly love to fondle it  :D haha

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%