Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rit's Hits: My Collection

us Offline Ritornello

Rit's Hits: My Collection
on: January 22, 2021, 01:30:08 AM
Hey all, it's been awhile since I've made a post here but I think what I'm posting now will make up for it. Consider this a 2021 collection post and this time next year I'll be sure to post an update. My collection has changed over time with many knives coming and going as I always try to sell unwanted knives before I buy new ones (it's a way I limit myself lol). My collection now includes only those knives which I liked the most. Seeing that I'm 21 I think I've done good for myself thus far and should God permit me a long life I look forward to many more years of collecting SAKs! Here's to good health!  :cheers:

I think most of you can tell exactly what's in the pictures. Presently, the queen of my collection is on the bottom right, the complete Champion A, and the king is my Elinox Pioneer with bail. The knife that lacks scales is my Hoffritz climber and I removed the old shabby scales and am currently awaiting the arrival of some green replacements. Enjoy!
Compressed 1.jpg
* Compressed 1.jpg (Filesize: 149.79 KB)
Compressed 2.jpg
* Compressed 2.jpg (Filesize: 144.4 KB)
Compressed 3.jpg
* Compressed 3.jpg (Filesize: 143.91 KB)

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Rit's Hits: My Collection
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 03:35:57 AM
Very cool, i like those red OC’s!  :drool:

us Offline Ritornello

Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 04:02:09 AM
Very cool, i like those red OC’s!  :drool:

Thank you! The old cross pioneer is my favorite Vic knife of all time which is why I dedicated enough of my resources to own three of them lol.

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 04:30:24 AM
I am looking for one as well, but so far haven’t found the right combo of condition and price I am willing to pay  :popcorn:

us Offline Ritornello

Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 04:59:49 AM
I am looking for one as well, but so far haven’t found the right combo of condition and price I am willing to pay  :popcorn:

Ah, well happy hunting! They don't appear all that often but I got lucky with several appearing within a few weeks of each other. Was only able to afford two with one of them being haggled for quite a bit. The Elinox one I bought quite a bit later.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 05:47:44 AM by Ritornello »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 06:16:06 AM
Very nice collection.  Thank you for sharing. 
Esse Quam Videri

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 06:30:00 AM
That's a nice collection! I like that ribbed 84mm one (Cadet?). And I've always liked that St. Christopher inlay :dd:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline Ritornello

Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 06:57:03 AM
That's a nice collection! I like that ribbed 84mm one (Cadet?). And I've always liked that St. Christopher inlay :dd:

Thank you. The St. Christopher inlay is real eye candy, I just love to look at it. I'm curious, what is collecting SAKs like for a resident of the Netherlands?

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 07:01:06 AM
I'm curious, what is collecting SAKs like for a resident of the Netherlands?

Expensive :P

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 08:54:52 AM
 :iagree: And in the UK too! Nice collection and lovely red OCs, Ritornello!  :like: :like: I finally found a red OC last year in decent condition, but it wasn’t cheap.....

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 09:12:20 AM
Slightly longer answer:
A big part of my collection was bought from US sellers, mostly through eBay. I've scored a lot of good deals but I've also spent a lot of money on taxes/import duties. Part of the game I guess :dunno:
It's fairly hard to find nice SAKs in the Netherlands, apart from the standard models and limited editions that are readily available. Prices are fairly high. I rarely buy vintage SAKs or nice collectors items in NL. But during the last twelve years or so it has added up to quite a few anyways :P
It's very uncommon to find really nice ones at flea markets or in hardware stores. But I guess that's not any different compared to other European countries. Except for Switzerland of course. Just look at the stuff that guys like Etherealicer tend to find at flea markets :ahhh
Part of it, I think, is that it's not very common for Dutch people to carry a pocket knife. Maybe fifty years ago, but nowadays it's frowned upon  :(

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 01:11:32 PM

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've made a post here but I think what I'm posting now will make up for it.
Consider this a 2021 collection post and this time next year I'll be sure to post an update. My collection has changed over time with many knives coming and going as I always try to sell unwanted knives before I buy new ones (it's a way I limit myself lol). My collection now includes only those knives which I liked the most. Seeing that I'm 21 I think I've done good for myself thus far and should God permit me a long life I look forward to many more years of collecting SAKs! Here's to good health!  :cheers:

I think most of you can tell exactly what's in the pictures. Presently, the queen of my collection is on the bottom right, the complete Champion A, and the king is my Elinox Pioneer with bail. The knife that lacks scales is my Hoffritz climber and I removed the old shabby scales and am currently awaiting the arrival of some green replacements. Enjoy!

Not completely, but it's a start.

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Ritornello

Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 03:44:21 PM
Slightly longer answer:
A big part of my collection was bought from US sellers, mostly through eBay. I've scored a lot of good deals but I've also spent a lot of money on taxes/import duties. Part of the game I guess :dunno:
It's fairly hard to find nice SAKs in the Netherlands, apart from the standard models and limited editions that are readily available. Prices are fairly high. I rarely buy vintage SAKs or nice collectors items in NL. But during the last twelve years or so it has added up to quite a few anyways :P
It's very uncommon to find really nice ones at flea markets or in hardware stores. But I guess that's not any different compared to other European countries. Except for Switzerland of course. Just look at the stuff that guys like Etherealicer tend to find at flea markets :ahhh
Part of it, I think, is that it's not very common for Dutch people to carry a pocket knife. Maybe fifty years ago, but nowadays it's frowned upon  :(

Frowned upon? Why's that? Also, I'd have figured that Europeans would have an easier time than Americans at finding rare/vintage SAKs but I guess our market is just huge over here.

us Offline Ritornello

Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 03:46:01 PM
Not completely, but it's a start.

:D :D

I'll take it! Lol

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31