Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstool.co.uk (just don't)

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Swisstool.co.uk (just don't)
on: January 11, 2022, 09:34:42 PM
https://www.swisstool.co.uk/st/home.php

Where to start?

I ordered a SAK (personalised) for a gift. The order was placed and confirmed on the 28th Dec' 21

I was aware that as it was a customised SAK it would take 3 days to process and another 3 days for delivery (first class) this was working days.

However, even allowing for "working days" (Christmas/New Year & substitute public holidays, UK) no updates?

The site said (and still says 11/01/22) "processed" and also "being processed" (it can't be both  :dunno:)

I sent a message via the "contact us" option on the website on the 4th Jan (no reply) Today (11th Jan') I tried calling and emailing, no response!

I have since read some reviews and it seems ordering from this company is a bad idea  ::) I was convinced I'd ordered from them before, maybe not :shrug:

I have since ordered a replacement gift from a decent site but I just wanted you all to be wary of this seller (massive on-line presence)

Should things change I will, of course, let you know  :salute:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:10:05 PM by SurgeUk »
They don't like it up 'em!

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Re: Swisstool.co.uk (just don't)
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 02:04:41 AM
Interesting.

I have ordered thrice from them, with only very fast service from them and received exactly what I asked for every time.
I had been a touch wary on the third occasion, as I'd seen a few bad reviews, but most were somewhat laconic and unhelpful as to the exact nature of the issues. Most sellers have a few like that. A couple did mention comms issues, though. Perhaps they don't actually speak good English, so don't bother communicating beyond what they had someone else set up for them?
Based on the reviews, it appears they go through spates of everything being awesome and golden, then everything falling to Smurf-spit, then back again.

I note that their given address is a tiny 1st floor office above a Tesco Express in Southampton, suggesting a very small (one man) operation. The parent organisation, The Maybe Group Ltd, seems to be two or three guys with many many fingers in many many different mail-order pies... I suspect they bought up this and other (potentialy failing) small businesses, for which they maintain nominal service.

I also note that they quite abruptly went (and so remain) out of stock on several popular models shortly before Christmas, so it's possible I'm way off the mark and they're just waiting for restock until they can fill backlogged orders?
I find it strange that I and others have had stellar service, compared to the complete opposite end of this spectrum.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 03:16:44 PM
Interesting.

I have ordered thrice from them, with only very fast service from them and received exactly what I asked for every time.
I had been a touch wary on the third occasion, as I'd seen a few bad reviews, but most were somewhat laconic and unhelpful as to the exact nature of the issues. Most sellers have a few like that. A couple did mention comms issues, though. Perhaps they don't actually speak good English, so don't bother communicating beyond what they had someone else set up for them?
Based on the reviews, it appears they go through spates of everything being awesome and golden, then everything falling to Smurf-spit, then back again.

I note that their given address is a tiny 1st floor office above a Tesco Express in Southampton, suggesting a very small (one man) operation. The parent organisation, The Maybe Group Ltd, seems to be two or three guys with many many fingers in many many different mail-order pies... I suspect they bought up this and other (potentialy failing) small businesses, for which they maintain nominal service.

I also note that they quite abruptly went (and so remain) out of stock on several popular models shortly before Christmas, so it's possible I'm way off the mark and they're just waiting for restock until they can fill backlogged orders?
I find it strange that I and others have had stellar service, compared to the complete opposite end of this spectrum.

Thanks for your response Tasky.

I was convinced I'd ordered from them before as I had set up an account (the site remembered me but I had to reset my password?) However, when I checked order history there was nothing there  :dunno:

I was prepared to take a hit on the delivery dates (given new year etc.) but it has now taken far too long and coupled with the total lack of response I am now looking at using the charge - back scheme to recover my money.

I'll send another email stating my intentions giving them time to respond. I am not hopeful of a reply :pok:

I have tried calling several times today but the line is constantly engaged - something that should be slightly encouraging (somebody is there) but I suspect it's more likely that the poor sod in the office is tired of all the calls from angry customers and taken the phone off the hook!

Any updates will be posted here  :tu:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 03:23:14 PM by SurgeUk »

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 05:44:08 PM
I've ordered some 5 times from them, always very fast delivery. Good prices too.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 10:39:44 PM
I've ordered from them 3 times.

First - replacement pens for 58mm SAKs. Turned up within a couple of days.

Second - racing green Spartan. No extras. Turned up within a couple of days.

Third - racing green Climber with plus scales , racing green Explorer with plus scales and a 2008 model Soldier. Never arrived, I used the website contact form, I emailed, I rang - all on multiple occasions over a few months. I eventually had to claim the money back through my bank.

I certainly won't be using them again after the third experience. It doesn't take much to respond to an email/contact form with a bit of info about the delay.
We have the tools, we have the talent!

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 03:14:10 PM
So, as promised, an update.

Over the past few days the status of the order changed from "in production" to "dispatched" arriving with it's intended owner yesterday (15th Jan)

I waited until the process was complete before updating this.

Here's the timeline:

28/12/21: Item ordered and confirmed.

04/01/22: Contacted via Webpage (no response)

11/01/22: Contacted via email (no response)

15/01/22: Item delivered.

As I had received absolutely no response to email/contact form or repeated phone calls (rung out or engaged) I decided to order a replacement item, from another supplier, which is now en-route.

As I said previously I was prepared for a slight delay with working times over the New Year period (public holidays etc) but it has taken over double the published time of 6 working days to produce and deliver, which is poor.

However, given the total lack of response I purchased another item which, if they had just contacted me and explained the delay, I could have avoided  :bnghd:

Safe to say I won't be using them again, which is a shame because the recipient is very happy with the SAK  :tu:

I just can't deal with people that seem to have no regard for their customers  :rant:

gb Offline Tasky

Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 03:38:54 AM
To be fair to the company, they did have this publicly posted on their website...
https://www.swisstool.co.uk/st/xmas-opening-times.html
https://www.swisstool.co.uk/st/christmas-2021-last-order-dates.html

So they've basically been closed since Xmas Eve, during which time you placed your order, and only started up again on the 12th.
Assuming they had a backlog upon their return... because most shops probably would... they still seem to have turned your personal order around and gotten it delivered within 3 days.

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 09:06:59 AM
Only just noticed this. My sympathies Surge. I had almost exactly the same experience with this bunch trying to buy a retirement gift for one of my team. This was last summer. Knife arrived fast enough but without the personalisation which I’d paid extra for. No response to any number of queries. I had to claim the money back on the credit card.

This is the 2nd time they let me down. Never again.
We take what is offered...
Morituri Nolumus Mori

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 06:24:11 PM
Only just noticed this. My sympathies Surge. I had almost exactly the same experience with this bunch trying to buy a retirement gift for one of my team. This was last summer. Knife arrived fast enough but without the personalisation which I’d paid extra for. No response to any number of queries. I had to claim the money back on the credit card.

This is the 2nd time they let me down. Never again.

Sorry to hear that Jud  ::)

The knife did arrive, as ordered, and if, as Tasky had posted, they were closed (sorry for not responding sooner Tasky) then fair enough.

However, I did check their Xmas delivery times/hours etc and, whilst it did give order dates for Xmas delivery, I don't recall seeing a "we are closed from" message?

Therefore, I presumed that like the rest of the retail world they were open on the non Xmas break days (29th - 31st Dec & 4th Jan onwards) After all they were taking orders and payments  :dunno:

It doesn't take much to stick a banner on your website, an answerphone message on the machine or indeed an "Out of Office" on your email*

*It would also help greatly if they actually responded to their customers (wild, crazy idea I know  :crash:)

NEVER AGAIN!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: (still GF did ok out of it  :rofl:)

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 03:54:03 PM
I've used these guys several times in the past over the last few years - and always had great service - including shipping to Oz.
They used to have some really cool custom scales

But I have heard these types of stories before about them from a few sources.
It seems sometimes things go wrong - and if they do - There is zero feedback or response from the site or their staff.

gb Offline Tasky

Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 11:01:56 PM
It seems that, in addition to EDC torches, I've also given my father-in-law the SAK bug, as he's placed a couple of orders for stuff - Some accessories, and at least one new SAK to go with his Huntsman.
Both orders were placed with this company, both arrived very quickly and without issues... This is since March of this year.

Southampton isn't too far from me, so I guess I could always go down to their premises and 'have a word' if things went really badly. So far, I've had stellar service, so fingers crossed for everyone else!

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 02:11:42 PM
Ok, so a quick update.

Having read other peoples more positive experiences with this mob I decided to give them another try  :dunno:

Well, what a difference. I ordered a personalised SAK for another member and it turned up within about a week and decent updates as well  :tu:

I guess I'll just avoid ordering over the festive period from now on :think:

Everyone deserves a second chance and it was you guys that convinced me, so thank you awl  :hatsoff:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD