Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstool spirit MX w/ clip pliers looseness and clip interference?

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Hey guys. Just got the new mx with the clip. Firstly, the pliers have a bit of play which none of my other Swiss tools have. Secondly, the clip makes the pliers spring open. Is that normal or not?

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
It appears to be so; my 2021 Spirit X and my 2019 Swisstool have a bit of play (more noticeable in the Swisstool) as compared to my 2009 Spirit XC, but very acceptable to me; has not increased since, and they work like "seasoned" examples which I like. The clip I added to the XC does that, and I've known from others having the same thing. Mine, when at rest on a table, spread about 2-3mm at the tip.

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

It appears to be so; my 2021 Spirit X and my 2019 Swisstool have a bit of play (more noticeable in the Swisstool) as compared to my 2009 Spirit XC, but very acceptable to me; has not increased since, and they work like "seasoned" examples which I like. The clip I added to the XC does that, and I've known from others having the same thing. Mine, when at rest on a table, spread about 2-3mm at the tip.

My pliers spread about the same. Maybe a Nickels width. The pliers have some play to them, about the same as my old swisstool did before Vic took it back for tighter pliers. My original spirit x had no serrations in the pliers so I sent that in as well as one point. I like tighter pliers as it’s easier to cut thin gauge stranded wire.

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Well, the pliers are still loose but I bent the clip both to add tension on the pocket but also to get out of the way of the pliers. I’m happy with the clip now at least lol

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Glad you got that fixed and, you'll probably be happy with the tool soon!  :tu: 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%